Need some help with 4231(2)

wwffan99tx
700 posts Semi-Pro
Played this formation for the first time this WL and was pleasantly surprised to pick up 22 wins (I'm not a very good player honestly but I am getting better). But it seems to me that my LCAM and RCAM really arent that involved in my attack. Only a couple of goals from each position through the 40 games. Are there any particular tactics/settings people use on these 2 positions to get them more involved?

My lineup is:
ST - Prime Van Basten (outstanding card) Get In Behind, Press Back Line
LCAM - Prime Larsson Free Roam
RCAM - Prime ADP or Prime Hernandez Free Roam
CCAM - IF Goretzka (suprisingly good card at CAM) Free Roam
LCDM - Vidal Balanced
RCDM - Vieira Balanced
LB - Alaba Balanced
LCB - Boateng Stay Back
RCB - SIF Ginter (wanders out of position too much but what other Bundes CB's are there) Stay Back
RB - SIF Kimmich Balanced
GK - Neuer

Comments

• tzinc
    1594 posts Play-Off Hero
    if you don't like Ginter try Sokrates
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2018
    I normally have either full backs always overlap, OR my wide CAMs to stay forward. Also like my CAMs to stay in position rather than free to make sure they're not tripping over each other in the attack, as it's quite a narrow formation
  • ICUP
    4136 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2018
    Free roam and stay forward

Free roam may kinda annoying though because at times your LCAM will be on the right and vise versa

Also personal preference the two wide CAMS have to be the foot of the position they are in

So LCAM has to be left footed
    RCAM Right footed

And both have to be around 86+ pace
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    ICUP wrote: »

Also personal preference the two wide CAMS have to be the foot of the position they are in

That's my preference too, although I think you can get away with it if they have 4+ weak foot
  • ICUP
    4136 posts National Call-Up
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »

That's my preference too, although I think you can get away with it if they have 4+ weak foot

Nah, tried that when I used hazard and martial and I just got annoyed with the driven shots just super wide or just wide off the post.

Got griezeman in and its either a banger with his left or low driven
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2018
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »

Nah, tried that when I used hazard and martial and I just got annoyed with the driven shots just super wide or just wide off the post.

Got griezeman in and its either a banger with his left or low driven

I'm sure the weak foot star rating isn't limited to just 1-5. Giovinco was amazing there and scored loads with his left, but as you, I've had other 4* WF who could never hit the target with their weak foot