Why I now don't play the Weekend League

DanSmith89
400 posts Sunday League Hero
I haven't seen anyone else complain about it but there 1 relatively recent change has ruined the WL for me. I hate the fact that you now have to play every game in your home v away kits and in the same stadium each time, it makes the game so repetitive and boring.

For me, a large part of the fun was coming up against different kits and playing in different stadiums. It is a mind numbing enough game mode, without this further repetition making it even more of an eye sore.

I don't understand why they have done this.

Does any else find this incredibly tedious and do you think they will change it back to how it was?

Comments

• Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    Out of everything wrong with this game, stadiums annoy you ?
  • Fab
    17848 posts World Class
    If a large part of your fun were the kits and stadiums, I think you might not have had a lot of fun playing it in the first place.
  • selb
    6579 posts Big Money Move
    No i don't, I'd rather play in the same kits and stadium than have some d-bag try hard who uses stupid stadiums that have stupid shadows so you can't see what you're doing or have stupid kit clashes!
  • joehuk
    3337 posts National Call-Up
    I found this incredibly tedious also in the 2 weekend leagues i took part in.

They did this so kits didn't clash or people quitting if they see top 100 kits etc & People using stadiums with shadows.

They could of made it so games were played @ evening/Night/morning rather than Mid day (summer) rather than using the same stadium for 40games.

as for kit clashing so what? just let them quit and re look for another game.

Top 100 Kits/Elite etc, Just make Those 'special' Kits unusable in weekend league

but all those workarounds were to much for EA.
  • DanSmith89
    joehuk wrote: »
    I found this incredibly tedious also in the 2 weekend leagues i took part in.

They did this so kits didn't clash or people quitting if they see top 100 kits etc & People using stadiums with shadows.

They could of made it so games were played @ evening/Night/morning rather than Mid day (summer) rather than using the same stadium for 40games.

as for kit clashing so what? just let them quit and re look for another game.

Top 100 Kits/Elite etc, Just make Those 'special' Kits unusable in weekend league

but all those workarounds were to much for EA.

yeah thas exactly my point mate, there were alot more alternatives to just making everyone play in the same kit. Get rid of the stadiums with ridiculous shadows would have been the first thing. You also can't tell who the pro's are from their kits, I'm sure it isn't that much of a big issue.

@Momus what else is wrong with the game? I don't get annoyed by things during the gameplay as that is in my control. Teams dominate possession and dont score all the time IRL so no point complaining about it on FIFA. Teams build brilliant teams with money IRL so again, its not something exclusive to playing FIFA.
  • CharlieC
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah I totally agree, it's very dull. Done completely because the top 100 were scared of either playing each other or being away from home. Losers!
  • bigpokey24
    4838 posts Big Money Move
    DanSmith89 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone else complain about it but there 1 relatively recent change has ruined the WL for me. I hate the fact that you now have to play every game in your home v away kits and in the same stadium each time, it makes the game so repetitive and boring.

For me, a large part of the fun was coming up against different kits and playing in different stadiums. It is a mind numbing enough game mode, without this further repetition making it even more of an eye sore.

I don't understand why they have done this.

Does any else find this incredibly tedious and do you think they will change it back to how it was?

i have stopped playing the weekend league, the last time i played was in feb. That change killed it, playing in the same pathetic stadium and kits over and over again, playing at night time only.. the excuses are weather / shadows , which to me is BS
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    Momus wrote: »

This, lol.
  • DanSmith89
    yeah i really find it completely boring. I don't understand why there hasn't been more of an outcry against it. Since they have introduced this, I have literally played like 5 games in a weekend max.
  • DanSmith89
    @Stickybelly what annoys you more about FIFA then? I can't wait for this unreasoned childish response
  • CharlieC
    @Stickybelly what annoys you more about FIFA then? I can't wait for this unreasoned childish response

he's currently compiling a list for you!
  • kraid
    2263 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you get bored of the kits then change them, it’s not hard. They had to do it to stop people dodging each other in wl. Lots of top players agreed on the kits they would use so it let them avoid each other. You couldn’t simply not allow those kits as they’d just use a different one.

It’s something many ppl complained about, it’s a needed change
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    :joy:
  • Stickybelly
    edited April 2018

@DanSmith89

Childish? Who the hell are you. Why would you presume my reply would be childish and unreasoned are you an imbocile?

Jesus where do you want me to start about things that are wrong with this game. Let’s start with the things that are most important GAMEPLAY shall we?

Shall we talk about the WILD swings of inconsistent gameplay? Where one game your players can move freely, turn etc and your AI players make intelligent runs. Then next game then feels completely different. Your players become incredibly slow, cannot turn. You get a 1 second passing/shooting delay. These changes sometimes happen during a game too. Totally inexplicably your players lose the ability to move properly for no apparent reason.

Shall we talk about the kick off boost that EA put in the game which basically gave the losing team a ‘boost’ to ensure they can equalise as soon as possible. They even admitted this as they supposedly took it out during one of the patches.

Shall we talk about the in game BS that has hit record levels this year?

Shall we talk about people doing SBC’s and getting ‘prime’ icons with missing traits?

The list goes on and on.

Is this childish enough for you? Cannot wait for your ‘childish and unreasoned’ reply.

All this and your problem is the stadiums and the kits? Lmfao
  • ICUP
    4136 posts National Call-Up

Sorry but your reason for not playing is childish.
    Same stadium and kits which you can easily change.
    Oh well to each their own
  • BordoMavi
    717 posts Semi-Pro

HAHAHA!
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    very good point poster !!! would like to see all weather conditions too ...
  • Clancy
    7756 posts League Winner
    the point of this change was, from what I understood, mostly about stopping pro's/top 100 folks from avoiding each other

before this went into effect they had whatsapp message groups saying what kit they would all be wearing that WL, and no pro would play any other player with that same kit. so they would never have to play another top 100 and could cherry pick

good change IMO. If you want to see different kits and stadium every match you can you to your club and rotate
  • Alex_cr
    5096 posts Big Money Move
    I’d genuinely forgotten they had done this.
  • Jasteban93
    57 posts Park Captain
    Clancy wrote: »
    the point of this change was, from what I understood, mostly about stopping pro's/top 100 folks from avoiding each other

before this went into effect they had whatsapp message groups saying what kit they would all be wearing that WL, and no pro would play any other player with that same kit. so they would never have to play another top 100 and could cherry pick

good change IMO. If you want to see different kits and stadium every match you can you to your club and rotate

This. It was to stop cheating via choosing your opponent or avoiding pros.
  • Goldenbowles
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA sorted out people kit clashing in WL but I have played 100’s of games were the Ref is wearing the same colour strip as my opponent in SB and OS ?
  • JohnDoe
    11300 posts Has That Special Something

@DanSmith89

Childish? Who the hell are you. Why would you presume my reply would be childish and unreasoned are you an imbocile?

Jesus where do you want me to start about things that are wrong with this game. Let’s start with the things that are most important GAMEPLAY shall we?

Shall we talk about the WILD swings of inconsistent gameplay? Where one game your players can move freely, turn etc and your AI players make intelligent runs. Then next game then feels completely different. Your players become incredibly slow, cannot turn. You get a 1 second passing/shooting delay. These changes sometimes happen during a game too. Totally inexplicably your players lose the ability to move properly for no apparent reason.

Shall we talk about the kick off boost that EA put in the game which basically gave the losing team a ‘boost’ to ensure they can equalise as soon as possible. They even admitted this as they supposedly took it out during one of the patches.

Shall we talk about people doing SBC’s and getting ‘prime’ icons with missing traits?

The list goes on and on.

Is this childish enough for you? Cannot wait for your ‘childish and unreasoned’ reply.

Oh, the irony.
  • fighter__noir
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect

• Pocketsquareguy
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    I completely disagree with the stadiums. Kits is tedious. But I can’t play in crazy super intense shadows that is basically night with no lights on half the pitch and the other half is the brightest sun in the history of planet earth.
  • Lee321
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    Stadium and kits are way down on the fix list
  • Pheenix
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special

@DanSmith89

The list goes on and on.

This is brilliant hahah spot on pal .
  • CharlieC
    Lee321 wrote: »
    Stadium and kits are way down on the fix list

Way, way, way, way down!
  • ClerryJungle
    980 posts Professional
    edited April 2018

@DanSmith89

The list goes on and on.

TBH your list is spot on but I’d also put the kits thing on it. It’s one of the many reasons why I’m not interested in playing anymore too
  • Stickybelly
    edited April 2018

@DanSmith89

The list goes on and on.

TBH your list is spot on but I’d also put the kits thing on it. It’s one of the many reasons why I’m not interested in playing anymore too

Yeah, suppose it just comes down to priorities really. I could live with the stadiums and kits personally and would probably still play the WL if the gameplay wasn’t atrocious. It does make it an already monotonous game even more monotonous though with the same kits and stadiums I do get that.