OT: Hearthstone (New Cards - Witchwood)

1
Absting159
6702 posts Moderator
I'm curious if anyone else on the forums plays. I pre-ordered the new release (should be Tuesday or Wednesday this week). I'm going to try and get back into it.

If anyone plays, post and we can talk about decks and builds. I've got the heaviest concentration in Druid cards - have probably 80% of them, including the legendary!

Comments

  • Fab
    17549 posts World Class
    you know i would give it a try but heard its pretty p2w heavy to be competitive and i cant be having that you know
  • Azof
    16437 posts World Class
    **** HS costs a fortune just to get competitive
  • Fab
    17549 posts World Class
    Azof wrote: »
    **** HS costs a fortune just to get competitive

    i asked you not to copy my homework word for word
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Fab wrote: »
    you know i would give it a try but heard its pretty p2w heavy to be competitive and i cant be having that you know

    @Fab If you're interested, one of the strongest decks is 100% free. :).
    https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/24062-trump-basic-hunter

    All free cards; Hunter's are all about going face.
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    @Fab @Azof

    It does cost a bit if you're never going to play. But if you play consistently, the rewards in game are pretty good and you can earn alot of packs.

    My brother hasn't spent a penny (refuses to), he just plays consistently, and he's got ALOT more cards than I do. He also has his Clash of Clans town literally full to the max without spending a penny. He's a military guy, very regimented and consistent. LOL.
  • Fab
    17549 posts World Class
    I'll check it out tomorrow, could use something fresh to play.
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    @Fab Not trying to get you to spend money - but all you really need to do is buy one release promo and you'll get enough packs and "dust" to make a good deck or two!

    This promo is buy the 50 pack and get 20 extra. Biggest they've done! I did it because I won my March Madness bracket, lol.
  • LuckyStrikE
    3318 posts National Call-Up
    I preorder. Definitely you can get a good deck by playing consistently. I do quests until I stack about 13 packs then open. Notice I almost always get a legendary card that way.
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    I preorder. Definitely you can get a good deck by playing consistently. I do quests until I stack about 13 packs then open. Notice I almost always get a legendary card that way.

    My brother has 4,000 coins saved for when the packs release. That's 40 packs, lol.
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I play to around r5 most seasons and have played for years. Nearly have a full collection and I'm a mod in a discord for people that have reached legend at least once.

    I normally order the pre order and do a quest a day (I play on 3 servers for a quest a day)

    Favourite deck is Jade Druid. :)
  • DobbyDooDah
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    I used to play. Gets stale real fast though, just an RNG card game now that’s going no where.
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    @Fab

    Just read this. The new release is April 12.

    "Even those who don't pre-order will receive three free card packs and a random class Legendary card just by logging in."

    So get signed up so if you are interested, you ateast get the free stuff from the new release.

    @DobbyDooDah - Did you ever get really competitive? How does a game go stale unless you got to Legendary Ranks and were 1 in the world and every opponent was the same?

    This is the nature of a card game - if it was "stale" then it's really just you don't enjoy the opponents or your own deck. There are LOTS of viable deck builds to throw plenty of randomness into the game. Not sure why you thought it was stale, unless it just isn't the type of game you can get into.

    I lose interest here and there but then get back into it ridiculously too much. But that's because I try to get higher ranked and just hit my plateau bc I don't make good enough decisions, lol.

    All the same! If anyone's interested, lets use this thread:)
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    @Masscherano Jade Druid is legit! That's one of my better decks!

    Did you get the weapon, that Twig? That gives you another turn? Combos well with Medivh for a free turn, lol.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @Fab

    Just read this. The new release is April 12.

    "Even those who don't pre-order will receive three free card packs and a random class Legendary card just by logging in."

    So get signed up so if you are interested, you ateast get the free stuff from the new release.

    @DobbyDooDah - Did you ever get really competitive? How does a game go stale unless you got to Legendary Ranks and were 1 in the world and every opponent was the same?

    This is the nature of a card game - if it was "stale" then it's really just you don't enjoy the opponents or your own deck. There are LOTS of viable deck builds to throw plenty of randomness into the game. Not sure why you thought it was stale, unless it just isn't the type of game you can get into.

    I lose interest here and there but then get back into it ridiculously too much. But that's because I try to get higher ranked and just hit my plateau bc I don't make good enough decisions, lol.

    All the same! If anyone's interested, lets use this thread:)

    I hit Legendary once, about 3000-3500 or something.

    I stopped playing shortly after they started phasing out old cards and introduced Wild.

    It was fun to try to get C’Thun decks to come off when that phase come in, but it’s the same meta everyone uses and you can’t defeat it unless you use a meta deck. I liked using Priest, lots of combos and it was always the slightly weaker class which made it challenging.

    The game bores me now, I played it quite a lot, I experienced it. It’d be like going back to Fifa 15 now we’re on 18. I don’t want to go back, there’s nothing new or great about it.
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @Masscherano Jade Druid is legit! That's one of my better decks!

    Did you get the weapon, that Twig? That gives you another turn? Combos well with Medivh for a free turn, lol.

    I have every card apart from the Shaman legendary weapon in ths set and 2 Epics from this set I think haha. (including going back to Wild cards) - i'll craft these around expansion going live just to finish them off!

    Not running Medivh or Twig in my list, mostly use VS as a base for meta/deck lists.
    Medivh is more of a greedy card in an already greedy deck in my opinion and the Twig well that would work in Maly Druid or something similar.
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    @DobbyDooDah

    That's fair. Yeah, I definitely see where you're coming from! Glad you didn't take that as an attack on your post and rather a genuine curiosity as to why you thought it was stale.

    I like the new words coming - will add a new mix. The one thing I think that they don't do well is "fix" the cards. If somethings too OP they pretty much nerf it to useless or add a "counter" card. 1 card to completely kill an entire deck. .just stupid planning.
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    @Masscherano

    I have the best trolling C'Thun deck with Hadronox and the cards that will revive Hadronox AND C'Thun once. LOL. I can live forever in those games although they take over 10 minutes on average.

    https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/932439-curator-hadronox-taunt-ramp-druid

    I also posted this deck above - works really well. A few swap outs to add C'Thun to it, but it has to be infuriating to play against.
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @Masscherano

    I have the best trolling C'Thun deck with Hadronox and the cards that will revive Hadronox AND C'Thun once. LOL. I can live forever in those games although they take over 10 minutes on average.

    https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/932439-curator-hadronox-taunt-ramp-druid

    I also posted this deck above - works really well. A few swap outs to add C'Thun to it, but it has to be infuriating to play against.

    Definitely an interesting deck although an old list! What ranks you playing at with this? I can't imagine it's rank 10 and above? :open_mouth:
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @Masscherano

    I have the best trolling C'Thun deck with Hadronox and the cards that will revive Hadronox AND C'Thun once. LOL. I can live forever in those games although they take over 10 minutes on average.

    https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/932439-curator-hadronox-taunt-ramp-druid

    I also posted this deck above - works really well. A few swap outs to add C'Thun to it, but it has to be infuriating to play against.

    Definitely an interesting deck although an old list! What ranks you playing at with this? I can't imagine it's rank 10 and above? :open_mouth:

    I got down to 7 with it at one point but that was the lowest I've gotten using that. @Masscherano
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    @Fab

    Also right now ALL quests are paying out a free pack along with some coins. Right now is a great time to try and start!
  • Fab
    17549 posts World Class
    Registering/downloading tonight
  • LuckyStrikE
    3318 posts National Call-Up
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @Fab

    Also right now ALL quests are paying out a free pack along with some coins. Right now is a great time to try and start!

    actually great time to get free cards I have like 16 packs stacked and 72 waiting for release
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Absting159 wrote: »
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @Masscherano

    I have the best trolling C'Thun deck with Hadronox and the cards that will revive Hadronox AND C'Thun once. LOL. I can live forever in those games although they take over 10 minutes on average.

    https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/932439-curator-hadronox-taunt-ramp-druid

    I also posted this deck above - works really well. A few swap outs to add C'Thun to it, but it has to be infuriating to play against.

    Definitely an interesting deck although an old list! What ranks you playing at with this? I can't imagine it's rank 10 and above? :open_mouth:

    I got down to 7 with it at one point but that was the lowest I've gotten using that. @Masscherano

    Not bad! :open_mouth:
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @Fab

    Also right now ALL quests are paying out a free pack along with some coins. Right now is a great time to try and start!

    Think this finishes tomorrow has been on a few weeks or something though.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @DobbyDooDah

    That's fair. Yeah, I definitely see where you're coming from! Glad you didn't take that as an attack on your post and rather a genuine curiosity as to why you thought it was stale.

    I like the new words coming - will add a new mix. The one thing I think that they don't do well is "fix" the cards. If somethings too OP they pretty much nerf it to useless or add a "counter" card. 1 card to completely kill an entire deck. .just stupid planning.

    When did you start playing HS?
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    @DobbyDooDah From the start, lol.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    lol I did too. I remember missing out on the March card back when it released because I didn’t play the ladder, just friendlies to learn the game.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    I need to get playing again. I normally play on phone.
  • Blarix
    20823 posts Club Captain
    Have no idea what im looking at.
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Blarix wrote: »
    Have no idea what im looking at.

    https://playhearthstone.com/en-gb/
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17217 posts World Class
    Gave up a while ago, far too expensive to keep up
Sign In or Register to comment.