The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

When men were men, and the sheep were scared.

Pugzilla
17007 posts World Class
Anyone that says Bron > MJ look at these fouls that MJ had to deal with.

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    32484 posts National Team Captain
    I’ve said that for years. It’s why I’ve watched the NBA less and less over the last few years. It’s gotten incredbly soft.
  • Yoshi
    3777 posts National Call-Up
    lajon brames is a fraud. Well not really but just when compared to le goat
  • Pogba
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve said that for years. It’s why I’ve watched the NBA less and less over the last few years. It’s gotten incredbly soft.

Yup glad I’m not the only one who thinks that way. Game is terrible at times. Everyone is soft.
  • Pikachu
    8876 posts League Winner
    Lebron > MJ by the end of his career. Although he won't have as many rings.
  • toonbalmy
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2018
    Different eras cant compare them same as Maradonna and Messi even though i would take Mara all day everyday but still.. Different eras they try to protect any sports people more now because they are the face of the sport
  • AlwaysDisappointed
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lavar Ball>>> MJ & Bron
  • Diggy
    13993 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2018
    Not really interested in minority sports

Magic Johnson was da best
  • Pugzilla
    17007 posts World Class
    toonbalmy wrote: »
    Different eras cant compare them same as Maradonna and Messi even though i would take Mara all day everyday but still.. Different eras they try to protect any sports people more now because they are the face of the sport

Disagree with this point. I really doubt Stern would have wanted MJ out with a fractured arm or something because Laimbeer clubbed him for no reason and MJ fell awkwardly. Game is just soft now tbh.
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class
    Says the guy that dabs & shushes to the halfway line :trollface:
  • IDARYL
    5732 posts Big Money Move
    Michael Jackson was a great netball player, big UK fan here...
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Bill Laimbeer was clever. A dirty little toad, but he disguised oots of it well. That Pistons team was flat out nasty. They weren't the only ones though. I remember the Lakers v Celtics finals where McHale clotheslined Kurt Rambis, and lots more.

They were determined to clean up the game, and I understand why to an extent. Look at the Kermit Washington punch on Rudy T. These are giant men, with the ability to cause real harm with a single punch. And you have your best paying customers within 3 feet. Look at what happened at the palace of auburn hills, with Artest and Stephen Jackson brawling in the stands.
  • VICTAAAA
    11020 posts Has That Special Something
    “Jordan rules”

The Bad Boys made MJ come at the NBA with a difference ferocity. They targeted Pippen too and till this day Pippen doesn’t talk to Isiah Thomas.
  • Choepiechakie
    32579 posts National Team Captain
    LeBron has surpassed MJ already.

Come at me
  • PJazz
    2223 posts Fans' Favourite
    Patrick Ewing & Larry Bird! those were the days! B)
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    All are pussies. Not one of those could do it in a cold night in Stoke.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    LeBron has surpassed MJ already.

Come at me

Spacejam though
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Lebron goat, mj the retire king
  • P
    7734 posts League Winner
    I've never heard anyone, who was old enough to watch them both play, say Bron>MJ. Noones even close to MJ. You can argue over Kobe and LeBron. MJ dominated basketball like I've never seen someone dominate a team sport. Even more so than Gretzky and ice hockey. You can have a favourite, personally I loved watching Iverson play but MJ's the goat, there is no argument. 6 rings. /Thread
  • Paciga45
    3770 posts National Call-Up
    It’s not close, honestly.

Jordan is head and shoulders above whoever you want to slot at #2
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    P wrote: »
    I've never heard anyone, who was old enough to watch them both play, say Bron>MJ. Noones even close to MJ. You can argue over Kobe and LeBron. MJ dominated basketball like I've never seen someone dominate a team sport. Even more so than Gretzky and ice hockey. You can have a favourite, personally I loved watching Iverson play but MJ's the goat, there is no argument. 6 rings. /Thread

This. No one old enough to watch Jordan ever says Lebron. Jordan was 6 for 6 in the Finals with 6 Finals MVPs, and he didn’t even have to play a game 7 in any of them.

Plus he didn’t have to leave Chicago to play with other stars to win.
  • Reus
    23044 posts Club Captain
    It's like claiming ronaldo or messi are better than maradona
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    mjs4p wrote: »

This. No one old enough to watch Jordan ever says Lebron. Jordan was 6 for 6 in the Finals with 6 Finals MVPs, and he didn’t even have to play a game 7 in any of them.

I loved that first Bulls team. In some ways I enjoyed watching Pippen as much as Jordan. Horace Grant was a proper glue man, and John Paxson was the pg who never had the ball. Stone cold shooter though. Then there was Bill Cartwright, the man with the weirdest shot known to man. I loved the way the team always went into him for the first few plays, because they recognised they had to get him going early.
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    Reus wrote: »
    Wut
  • PelzyWelzy
    9981 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2018
    Phil Taylor > Lebron James imo :trollface:
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move

No surprise thats coming from someone like you
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »
    mjs4p wrote: »

I loved that first Bulls team. In some ways I enjoyed watching Pippen as much as Jordan. Horace Grant was a proper glue man, and John Paxson was the pg who never had the ball. Stone cold shooter though. Then there was Bill Cartwright, the man with the weirdest shot known to man. I loved the way the team always went into him for the first few plays, because they recognised they had to get him going early.

One of my best friends growing up was an obsessive Bulls fan. His parents were from Chicago and he knew everything there was to know about those teams. I think I’ll forever remember the names of all of the players on those teams down to the guys like Cliff Livingston and Craig Hodges (the 3 point champ!).
  • P
    7734 posts League Winner

No. It's like claiming Conor is better than Anderson Silva.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Phil Taylor > Lebron James imo :trollface:

Well Phil Jackson is better than Jordan of Lebron. Won more titles too.
  • BrentfordFC
    12881 posts Has That Special Something
    And what about women?
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something

Look at that 2007 team lebron dragged to the finals. Jordan could never do such a thing. Jordan was clutch, but lebron is on year 15 and as strong as ever. He's a physical freak with the greatest basketball IQ possibly ever.