Some ideas for GKs

gxcpl
140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited April 2018
In my opinion, the GKs are a bad part of the game for several years and ruin a part of the fun. EA Sports doesn't give the attention they need. So we face really inconsistent GKs, sometimes playing like Superman and catching everything, and sometimes playing like they are drunk.
Except if you're playing against CPU... Their GKs are always amazing mind-readers and always play like Superman (it doesn't matter if their OVR is 90 or 65).

So I think they should give more attention to them. Some ideas I have:

1) The GKs need more specific categories of rating. Like players have "short pass", "long pass" and etc., they shouldn't have only 2 or 3 items to rate their abilities.

PENALTY SAVING: some keepers are better than others saving penalties. Diego Alves wasn't the best keeper in La Liga, but he saved 50% of the penalties he faced. Other keepers are just bad at it, chosing the wrong side, or even guessing it right, but hardly reaching the ball.

1 ON 1: Not all keepers are good facing 1 on 1 situations. In FIFA, they all react the same in such situations. Some GKs are good defending shots, but kinda bad when facing 1 on 1. In Fifa 18 they all react like cats to strong shots and kinda bad to finesse weak shots.

CUTTING CROSSES: In Fifa 18, the GKs are all pretty good cutting crosses. If they leave the goal line, you know they will at least hit the ball. Some of the greatest GKs were bad cutting crosses. Do you remember Dida? A great GK at goal line and saving penalties, but hardly rushed to cut crosses.
And we can count using our fingers how many GKs can hold the ball when they cut crosses. Almost always they will punch the ball away. Rare exceptions.

HOLDING THE BALL: It's hard to see good GKs capable of holding the ball with confidence. I'd say 99% of the professional GKs prefere to spread the ball away than to try to hold it. Specially in rainy days.
In Fifa we see GKs holding some hard close and long shots very easily.

2) What about new animations and movements? I feel we have the same GKs animations for over a decade... Come on, it's 2018! Give us some realistic GKs movements! Signature jumps! Signature ball punches! Like players have signature dribbles and movements!

3) The physics involving GKs are GARBAGE! TOTAL GARBAGE!
Did you ever see a penalty caused by a GK? Did you ever see the GK bumping into a player due to a bad rush?
How hard it is to score goals with that specific finesse shot (that players like Van Nistelrooy, Messi, Romario and many others talented strikers do/did) like a "finesse lob" when facing 1 on 1 while sprinting? The GKs in Fifa will not dive 99,99999% of the times and just easily hold the ball, right? And if they jump to your player’s feet, they will always grab the ball, it doesn’t matter if your player is protecting the ball, you’ll NEVER EVER see a penalty.

When they dive and spread the ball, I already know what will happen at the moment they jump. I know if they will catch the ball, or spread it, or if I'll score. Come on, EA... Stop being lazy and do some work in this area!

4) There is just a few GKs capable of playing with their feet like the outfield players. In Fifa (since the first ones) we can count on or GK to control the ball and perform an 30m long pass easily. I would like to see more realism. If you want to play with your GK be sure to have a GK capable of that!

Well... This is just some of my ideas to improve the GKs. A part of the game that kinda ruins the fun for me, a lot of times. I hope you like it!
Comment if you have some other suggestions!
Post edited by gxcpl on

Comments

• gxcpl
    Oh, I almost forgot: the hexagon of abilities should be different for GKs, too! It should show us the ratings that matter for a GK, instead of "pace/physic/mental/technique and etc." that matters for an outfield player.
  • gxcpl
    Another thing I noticed: GKs perform always the same in rainy and sunny days. We all know rainy days are bad for GKs!
  • Dms36963
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Some good ideas. I would add a side-to-side skill rating. Not every keeper has the ability to move/dive to the sides. This would be most apparent in the penalty kicks.
  • gxcpl
    Dms36963 wrote: »
    Some good ideas. I would add a side-to-side skill rating. Not every keeper has the ability to move/dive to the sides. This would be most apparent in the penalty kicks.

It’s true! Good point!
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Parry away from goal should be another stat. The likelihood of a keeper parrying a shot away from goal.
  • gxcpl
    I’m sure A lot of our suggestions are easy to add... But the question is: will they make more money in FUT with it?
  • gxcpl
    If not, they will not care. At all.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    interesting points. could add things like composure for gk that also affects if they catch a ball or slap it away (ex: experience keeprs like buffon/ neuer would catch but an op meta keeper like butland or fahrmann would punch it)
  • gxcpl
    Shehraj wrote: »
    interesting points. could add things like composure for gk that also affects if they catch a ball or slap it away (ex: experience keeprs like buffon/ neuer would catch but an op meta keeper like butland or fahrmann would punch it)
    I’d say 99% of the gks punches waaaay more than catches it! In rainy days it would be 99,9999%.
    Playing A match in rainy wheather in Fifa affects 0% the GKs performance. And to be honest, the other players are not affected, too.
  • I agree