I don't think I can play with left footed players

D3ATHSQUAD
2984 posts National Call-Up
edited April 2018
Did the La Liga SBC today and picked up Griezmann. I played with him for four games of Squad Battles (on Professional) and despite winning all four games he only had 4 goals and an assist in the four games.

I have historically used right footed players and my muscle memory is such that I have a hard time getting off finesse shots and other shots/moves with the left foot. Pretty sure I scored at least three of his four goals with his right foot.

Anyone else have this problem? I was going to grab Messi and Bale for my team and after this short experiment I am thinking I should avoid left footed players for good.

Comments

• dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    It's wierd for a little bit but you get used to it. My petit has 60 goals or so and I can safely say atleast a little less than half are with his right.
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah, happened to me when I started with Asensio and then Dybala cam, even though Dybala has Avoids weaker foot it didn't seem like it much. Eventually got that same muscle memory to use the correct foot of player.
  • pudgyfudgy
    5369 posts Big Money Move
    Yep exact same problem. Never been able to improve on it. That's why my left ST must always be 5* WF.
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had the same issue. Now dybala is my favourite player in the game. You'll get used to it soon enough. Don't limit yourself to right footed players only imo. Rather get bale and Messi so you get used to left footed players.
  • BarrowUnited
    1005 posts Professional
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    Yep exact same problem. Never been able to improve on it. That's why my left ST must always be 5* WF.

Same
  • Futfanatic
    12546 posts Has That Special Something
    I love playing with lefties, I think it gives me an edge because my opponent is used to facing so many right footed players. Last year Lukaku was my favorite leftie, this year Dybala.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    I love playing with lefties, I think it gives me an edge because my opponent is used to facing so many right footed players. Last year Lukaku was my favorite leftie, this year Dybala.

this.

Me and Messi have fun Boatenging WL players

giphy.gif
  • Nessy
    1834 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was the same with POtM striker Salah at first.
    10 games and 4 goals. Thought it was the worst decision I've made to date. Then I got used to playing it onto his left peg and/or turning to give space with his left foot and OMG it was like a revelation. Stick with it dude, it'll click for you.
  • ozcs_69
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    left footed attackers are the most fun players to have in your team this year...so unpredictable