The Masters 2018

RBailss
11851 posts Has That Special Something
Surprised there isn't a thread already for this considering we're into Day Two now...

Who are you guys rooting for? Personally backed Cabrera-Bello, Fowler & Stenson.. Going well so far.

Just seen Speith has started his 2nd round off awfully!

Comments

• Daveofwales01
    8346 posts League Winner
    Not really following it but hoping tiger wins it, would be an incredible turn around and I think it would be great for his legacy as the last few years have tarnished that and he's the best ever so deserves better imo. Also would love to see a new tiger woods golf game
  • Olleman
    12635 posts Has That Special Something
    Stenson :)
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Conor McGregor
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13746 posts Has That Special Something
    Tommy Fleetwood as an outside choice
  • BuffonJuve93
    1168 posts Professional
    Serena Williams
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    Conor McGregor

Legend
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    A Tiger Woods win would be awesome
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    It certainly won't be Sergio after his fun & games yesterday
  • jenksiee123
    21265 posts Club Captain
    Would like to see Justin Rose win it. Nothing beats the Masters in general though. One of my favourite sporting events of the year without fail every year.
  • Färjestad
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    Olleman wrote: »
    Stenson :)

• ORANGEeffect05
    20478 posts Club Captain
    Spieth or El Tigre
  • mjs4p
    11089 posts Has That Special Something
    Spieth or Kuchar
  • PelzyWelzy
    9330 posts League Winner
    Rory’s looking exceptionally steady right now.. just saw him miss a birdie put at the last which would’ve put him -5, but even after missing it appeared quite relaxed.

Think he’s the guy to beat atm.

Would quite like to see Justin Rose in contention, Vijay being up there is great but most of all just want to see Woods have a good back nine and get in or around even par. For all his faults can’t deny the golf is better/more exciting for him being a part of it.

Surprised he’s not had a birdie at a par 5 yet. Just let another slip by..
  • Antparry92
    17565 posts World Class
    would have watched if it wasn’t on sky
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »

On BBC tomorrow & Sunday I think @Antparry92
  • PelzyWelzy
    9330 posts League Winner
    Bubba’s kinda going under the radar here on -2 now... Can’t rule him out either.
  • Antparry92
    17565 posts World Class
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »

On BBC tomorrow & Sunday I think @Antparry92

Ideal, will catch the most important day 4 on Sunday. I’m playing footy tomorrow so will probably miss it
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Tiger Woods
  • Alex_cr
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    Watched a lot of it. My word the course is playing hard. Fancy Mcilroy.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3982 posts National Call-Up
    rickie fowler is due a big win soon..hovers around the top without getting there yet ..very talented golfer
  • Alex_cr
    rickie fowler is due a big win soon..hovers around the top without getting there yet ..very talented golfer

He could have easily been 6,7 under today. So many close putts. But he’s fell away at the weekend so many times this year and that’s not what you need coming in to the masters.
  • Reus
    22445 posts Club Captain
    Alex_cr wrote: »

He could have easily been 6,7 under today. So many close putts. But he’s fell away at the weekend so many times this year and that’s not what you need coming in to the masters.

When he wins he tends to come storming through the field on the final day

He has more chance starting 4 or 5 back than being in the lead

I hate spieth and reed so hope they don't win

Would be happy to see Rory get the grand slam or Justin rose get the masters win he deserves

Failing that a bubba win is always a good watch
  • Alex_cr
    Reus wrote: »

When he wins he tends to come storming through the field on the final day

He has more chance starting 4 or 5 back than being in the lead

I hate spieth and reed so hope they don't win

Would be happy to see Rory get the grand slam or Justin rose get the masters win he deserves

Failing that a bubba win is always a good watch

I was actually thinking that just after I posted (about Fowler).

I’d be well up for a Bubba win and I’ve got a couple of quid on Fleetwood so would like to see a push from him!
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    Santiago wrote: »
    Tiger Woods

He's struggling to even make the cut. Rory would be good but it'll probably be spieth
  • Alex_cr
    Tiger Woods

He's struggling to even make the cut. Rory would be good but it'll probably be spieth

He’s not really struggling to make the cut but has shown he’s still got a long way to go. Cuts gonna be +5.

• Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Tiger Woods

Yeah I don't know anything about golf. Only know Woods
  • Reus
    22445 posts Club Captain
    Tiger Woods

He’s not really struggling to make the cut but has shown he’s still got a long way to go. Cuts gonna be +5.

Yeah and he's +4 so very close to the cut line
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    Tiger Woods

Predicted cut +5, he's +4...... Not sure you can get much closer to the cut line :joy:
  • Alex_cr
    Reus wrote: »
    Tiger Woods

Yeah and he's +4 so very close to the cut line

Yeah with 1 hole to go. He ain’t making double bogey on the 18th (watch that happen now :D )

Funny thing about this leaderboard is if Reed blows up tomorrow and hits 4/5 over it brings so many people into play. And that’s easy to do here.
  • Alex_cr
    Tiger Woods

Predicted cut +5, he's +4...... Not sure you can get much closer to the cut line :joy:

I’d say struggling would be having to make a score to get off or on the line, not having to make a serius error to miss, but each to everyone’s own.