Why am I so bad at this game?

Masscherano
602 posts An Exciting Prospect
Git gud I know.

Anyone else struggle in DKT for the Swap card last two days?

I have a reasonably stacked team (not meta) but still... no excuse for how bad I was at DKT last night.

I used all 8 efforts, and only once did I get past the quarter finals (lost in the final to probably the most average squad I seen the entire time he used Parejo for the entire game...) I was totally outplayed.

I'm in D2 on Online Seasons and not played WL this year (qualified once but was away) - I'm an average player at best.

I thought I'd at least make a few more finals/semis.

So did anyone else feel like they didn't do as well on the DKT as they would in other online games?

Comments

  • Jonx88
    699 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just put it down to a bad night mate don't over analyse, you're obviously a good player being Div2 and the DKT is full of sweat just now, just try again tonight with a clear mind and 100% it won't be the same results
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    Just put it down to a bad night mate don't over analyse, you're obviously a good player being Div2 and the DKT is full of sweat just now, just try again tonight with a clear mind and 100% it won't be the same results

    Perhaps it did get to 3am in the morning and I don't normally game that late haha.

    I'll practise some more this weekend - I went from D3 to D2 first attempt with 6 wins, was just disappointed last night haha.
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional
    Stacked teams mean nothing, every time i see one on the loading screen i know i'm going to beat them

    No offense
  • Jonx88
    699 posts An Exciting Prospect
    haha yh 3am probably had something to do with it!
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    Stacked teams mean nothing, every time i see one on the loading screen i know i'm going to beat them

    No offense

    Just trying to make the point that I'm happy with my squad and it's not through lack of good players in there that I got annhilated.
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    haha yh 3am probably had something to do with it!

    I was tilted so I just kept on playing and playing I think hahaha. I normally stop by 1 at the very latest lmao.
  • Sumitro
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hi mate, you need to be a division 1 player to be able to win comfortably at DKT. You also need to play weekend league to improve. I got it at first attempt with 1 mil coins team. I almost gave it away in the final, leading 4-2, this icon stacked opponent equalised out of nowhere. I made it 6-4 in extra time and he raged quit.
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sumitro wrote: »
    Hi mate, you need to be a division 1 player to be able to win comfortably at DKT. You also need to play weekend league to improve. I got it at first attempt with 1 mil coins team. I almost gave it away in the final, leading 4-2, this icon stacked opponent equalised out of nowhere. I made it 6-4 in extra time and he raged quit.

    Appreciate the input buddy - guess it's just going to take more practise for me - just frustrating I didn't get to the final another couple of times. (or even the semis) - And I've only managed to win DKT once so guess it's going to take time. (not played at a high enough standard most of the year I guess)

    If anything I think it's my defending that's the issue, I'm not scared to admit I heavily rely on RB this year (I've never used it in previous years) - I end up player switching far too often and end up with 2 players chasing the same man.

    Good job on getting through the DKT.
    Yeah my team is ~ 2.8m or something like that so I have no excuses.

  • Pieman25
    16369 posts World Class
    I won it but it was just the luck of the draw. The guy in the final played 3atb and I'd always fancy my chances with enough quick players in the team to over run 3atb. Could equally have been someone with the 2 Ronaldos taking my team apart.

    If you aren't at an amazing level keep at it and hopefully the opponents will fall in your favour.
  • Oneillr
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How is your internet connection, lag is a huge factor this Fifa
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RA22Y wrote: »
    I win probably 2/3rds of my games so I'm fairly average. I got the the final twice, semi-final three times and every time I came up against a stacked team and a great player who I couldn't touch.

    It was tough this week.

    That's about the results I was expecting myself to get, or maybe 1 more on each at best.
    Just annoyed I lost in the final to the worst team I come up against.
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    I won it but it was just the luck of the draw. The guy in the final played 3atb and I'd always fancy my chances with enough quick players in the team to over run 3atb. Could equally have been someone with the 2 Ronaldos taking my team apart.

    If you aren't at an amazing level keep at it and hopefully the opponents will fall in your favour.

    Yeah I'm happiest playing versus 3 at the back too. :)

    I'll keep plugging away through next week but really want that Swap Mendy in the next few weeks from DKT so will just hope that I don't come up versus Ronaldos everywhere. (Actually I seemed to play aginst Prime Rijkaard half of the games, never knew he was so popular, most games he killed me!)
  • Cornushon
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    I played 2 games, it was green connection, 5 bars, but idk why was laggy as hell and constany speed up lag. Managed to win 1 game, bit lost another.. impossible to play. Is it my.problem or servers?
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Oneillr wrote: »
    How is your internet connection, lag is a huge factor this Fifa

    Sky Fibre 99% of the time good, however every couple of games, I do get a ~5 second lag - didn't think it cost me a clear goal however nearly cost me 1 game and made me slow down my play in some other games whilst I just tried to keept he ball. Similar to the guy below green connection 5 bars at start-up.
    Cornushon wrote: »
    I played 2 games, it was green connection, 5 bars, but idk why was laggy as hell and constany speed up lag. Managed to win 1 game, bit lost another.. impossible to play. Is it my.problem or servers?

  • Sumitro
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah once the 2 Ronaldos come up very commonly in Weekend League, you’ll be having a hard time to stop these 2 players. I didn’t meet them at all at DKT, perhaps my luck!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.