3 goals and 1 assist vs Argentina not good enough for TotW from a midfielder?

Masscherano
602 posts An Exciting Prospect
I know it was last Tuesday night, but what's EA's stance on this? To ignore every Tuesday night game?

Comments

  • Oliver Powell
    1789 posts Play-Off Hero
    It wasn’t this week...
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It wasn’t this week...

    A lot of people believe that Tuesday night games carry forward to the following TotW. So I think you may be mistaken?

    Someone with more knowhow of how this works would probably back this up.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:

    Not sure when MotM are due? I run a full Spanish squad so it's not for investment hype I'm disappointed about.

    I also now have the decision of ranking these Spanish CM's in a 4321 (I rotate my squad for fitness so I need 4)
    Currently it's:

    1. SBC Thiago
    2. PTG Viera
    3. TIF Silva
    4. PTG Isco
    5. SIF Alberto
    6. SIF Iniesta
    7. Other Spanish CM that's not Koke (can't wait for his special card or PTG Saul)

    Based on the fact I didn't get on with Iniesta I can't see his SIF being any good his stats are poor across the board for a 89.
    However, the fact I get on so well so with PTG Viera being a little whippet in midfield makes me think SIF Alberto may be a better pick for my style than PTG Isco.
    Also considering moving up TIF Silva for PTG Viera because he should be more magnificent than he already is lmao.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:

    Not sure when MotM are due? I run a full Spanish squad so it's not for investment hype I'm disappointed about.

    I also now have the decision of ranking these Spanish CM's in a 4321 (I rotate my squad for fitness so I need 4)
    Currently it's:

    1. SBC Thiago
    2. PTG Viera
    3. TIF Silva
    4. PTG Isco
    5. SIF Alberto
    6. SIF Iniesta
    7. Other Spanish CM that's not Koke (can't wait for his special card or PTG Saul)

    Based on the fact I didn't get on with Iniesta I can't see his SIF being any good his stats are poor across the board for a 89.
    However, the fact I get on so well so with PTG Viera being a little whippet in midfield makes me think SIF Alberto may be a better pick for my style than PTG Isco.
    Also considering moving up TIF Silva for PTG Viera because he should be more magnificent than he already is lmao.

    Yea i didn't plan on selling Isco, im just saying i could have and made profit and most likely buy him back later but im too lazy for all of that lol.

    I personally find PTG Isco to be my favorite of the group mentioned. I've just used him exclusively since last year and is one of my favorites. I know exactly how to use him and what ill get out of him. I have SBC thiago and it just feel like he is too hit and miss with his shooting. Isco defends better as well IMO, despite his base stat being lower, he has decent interceptions and standing tackles. I like IF Asensio on 7 chem as well or as a super sub. He is a perfect CF as well. I use a 4411.

    Isco> Asensio> Thiago for me.

    Recently started using a different Brazilian hybrid squad though, and so now Isco is on the bench :/
  • MattDaddy V1
    1619 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2018
    Let's be honest EA change their criteria for special cards so often it ludicrous.

    For example PEA gets one this week for 2 goals as BPL striker, yet Glenn Murray has scored 2 goals and got an assist in 2 different bpl matches this season and nothing. Someone even tweeted an EA developer about Murrays' lack of IF and they stated a top league striker needs at least a hatrick or make 4 goal contributions in a game (2g 2a or 1g 3a) to qualify. Same with fa cup motms cards handed out for 1 goal strikers yet Murray scored the winning goal in 2 fa cup games but didn't get one.

    Same as Hemed and Murray on 16 and 17 both scored braces in plenty of games but never made totw where as other championship strikers did for one or two goals. Same with Propper, missed out on IF when he scored 2 goals but Blind got an IF for the same match for two assists from defence but no clean sheet.

    EA will always prefer pacey, meta pack selling players over players who aren't the most desired of cards. (No pace lol.) It's easier to sell packs with the likes of PEA, Pogba, CR7 etc it's just good business sense from them. (That and EA hate Brighton :joy: )
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Robbed!
  • Denz
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    They usually go for the hype I guess unless they absolutely have no choice. Suppose over a week later and with it being a friendly gave them the option to not include him.
  • Finesse_4days
    7218 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2018
    totw should be community voted, they have not managed to please many people this fifa with their pathetic totws, either they deny players like murray an inform because he wont sell packs or they simply ignore players like isco or mbappe because they score on a Tuesday.
    Totw should be community voted but in order to make it more representative and not only bpl players, they would need to do make it 3 players from main 5 leagues (15 in total) then a best of the rest vote for the other leagues
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:

    Not sure when MotM are due? I run a full Spanish squad so it's not for investment hype I'm disappointed about.

    I also now have the decision of ranking these Spanish CM's in a 4321 (I rotate my squad for fitness so I need 4)
    Currently it's:

    1. SBC Thiago
    2. PTG Viera
    3. TIF Silva
    4. PTG Isco
    5. SIF Alberto
    6. SIF Iniesta
    7. Other Spanish CM that's not Koke (can't wait for his special card or PTG Saul)

    Based on the fact I didn't get on with Iniesta I can't see his SIF being any good his stats are poor across the board for a 89.
    However, the fact I get on so well so with PTG Viera being a little whippet in midfield makes me think SIF Alberto may be a better pick for my style than PTG Isco.
    Also considering moving up TIF Silva for PTG Viera because he should be more magnificent than he already is lmao.

    Yea i didn't plan on selling Isco, im just saying i could have and made profit and most likely buy him back later but im too lazy for all of that lol.

    I personally find PTG Isco to be my favorite of the group mentioned. I've just used him exclusively since last year and is one of my favorites. I know exactly how to use him and what ill get out of him. I have SBC thiago and it just feel like he is too hit and miss with his shooting. Isco defends better as well IMO, despite his base stat being lower, he has decent interceptions and standing tackles. I like IF Asensio on 7 chem as well or as a super sub. He is a perfect CF as well. I use a 4411.

    Isco> Asensio> Thiago for me.

    Recently started using a different Brazilian hybrid squad though, and so now Isco is on the bench :/

    I have PTG Asensio as a LF otherwise I did like his card in Cm still not sure if he's proven to be any better than IF Tello who was there previously.

    Ah you see I'm in love with Thiago's SBC card, the 5* skill in midfield has made him shine so far.
    I've used IF Isco from near the start of 18 and then swapped PTG when released and I'm not sure he's performing as well as the top 2 at least in that list and SIF Alberto does look tempting.
    Let's be honest EA change their criteria for special cards so often it ludicrous.

    For example PEA gets one this week for 2 goals as BPL striker, yet Glenn Murray has scored 2 goals and got an assist in 2 different bpl matches this season and nothing. Someone even tweeted an EA developer about Murrays' lack of IF and they stated a top league striker needs at least a hatrick or make 4 goal contributions in a game (2g 2a or 1g 3a) to qualify. Same with fa cup motms cards handed out for 1 goal strikers yet Murray scored the winning goal in 2 fa cup games but didn't get one.

    Same as Hemed and Murray on 16 and 17 both scored braces in plenty of games but never made totw where as other championship strikers did for one or two goals. Same with Propper, missed out on IF when he scored 2 goals but Blind got an IF for the same match for two assists from defence but no clean sheet.

    EA will always prefer pacey, meta pack selling players over players who aren't the most desired of cards. (No pace lol.) It's easier to sell packs with the likes of PEA, Pogba, CR7 etc it's just good business sense from them. (That and EA hate Brighton :joy: )

    I get your point also and agree I'm a Sunderland fan so we rarely see in forms! :P But they do favour the big teams for more £££.

    They shouldn't change the system and an 88 Real Madrid Spanish SIF that has a PTG is surely something that would help attract people to buy packs though right? :open_mouth:
    Denz wrote: »
    They usually go for the hype I guess unless they absolutely have no choice. Suppose over a week later and with it being a friendly gave them the option to not include him.

    Shouldn't happen but I'm not sure I feel like they've done this treatment at other time too it's not right Tuesday night games are totally ignored, I wouldn't care if a Newcastle player scored 4, I'd want them to be in TotW, how can you just ignore a day of the week? If so, can I tell my boss that I now ignroe Mondays and stay in bed all day lmao.
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    totw should be community voted, they have not managed to please many people this fifa with their pathetic totws, either they deny players like murray an inform because he wont sell packs or they simply ignore players like isco or mbappe because they score on a Tuesday.
    Totw should be community voted but in order to make it more representative and not only bpl players, they would need to do make it 3 players from main 5 leagues (15 in total) then a best of the rest vote for the other leagues

    I agree with this to an extent - it would have to me managed and formatted correctly otherwise it'd be a shambles (and it's up to EA!) - the other thing is I feel like people would vote for Son who scored 1 goal because he's OP instead of Marc Albrighton (who scored a hat-trick) and that's obviously a concern.

    Criteria for this:
    1. Vote is done on console. (To eliminate the chances of bots etc and new accounts being created to get a player in TotW so someone make coins)
    2. x amount of games played or transfer market unlocked... something to stop several accounts being made again.
    3. 1 vote per position - 18 spaces it'd have to be so... there's 2 GK's every week and 3 CB's etc... then you can vote for 2 GK's etc (maybe a select group could be voted for similar to PotM for each position)
    4. Votes are kept private until TotW announcement - kinda kills the hype of TotW announcement if I know who's getting in for sure.
    5. A content manager would need to actively look after this - not sure anyone at EA would be able to manage this based on previous failures.
  • MattDaddy V1
    1619 posts Play-Off Hero
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:

    Not sure when MotM are due? I run a full Spanish squad so it's not for investment hype I'm disappointed about.

    I also now have the decision of ranking these Spanish CM's in a 4321 (I rotate my squad for fitness so I need 4)
    Currently it's:

    1. SBC Thiago
    2. PTG Viera
    3. TIF Silva
    4. PTG Isco
    5. SIF Alberto
    6. SIF Iniesta
    7. Other Spanish CM that's not Koke (can't wait for his special card or PTG Saul)

    Based on the fact I didn't get on with Iniesta I can't see his SIF being any good his stats are poor across the board for a 89.
    However, the fact I get on so well so with PTG Viera being a little whippet in midfield makes me think SIF Alberto may be a better pick for my style than PTG Isco.
    Also considering moving up TIF Silva for PTG Viera because he should be more magnificent than he already is lmao.

    Yea i didn't plan on selling Isco, im just saying i could have and made profit and most likely buy him back later but im too lazy for all of that lol.

    I personally find PTG Isco to be my favorite of the group mentioned. I've just used him exclusively since last year and is one of my favorites. I know exactly how to use him and what ill get out of him. I have SBC thiago and it just feel like he is too hit and miss with his shooting. Isco defends better as well IMO, despite his base stat being lower, he has decent interceptions and standing tackles. I like IF Asensio on 7 chem as well or as a super sub. He is a perfect CF as well. I use a 4411.

    Isco> Asensio> Thiago for me.

    Recently started using a different Brazilian hybrid squad though, and so now Isco is on the bench :/

    I have PTG Asensio as a LF otherwise I did like his card in Cm still not sure if he's proven to be any better than IF Tello who was there previously.

    Ah you see I'm in love with Thiago's SBC card, the 5* skill in midfield has made him shine so far.
    I've used IF Isco from near the start of 18 and then swapped PTG when released and I'm not sure he's performing as well as the top 2 at least in that list and SIF Alberto does look tempting.
    Let's be honest EA change their criteria for special cards so often it ludicrous.

    For example PEA gets one this week for 2 goals as BPL striker, yet Glenn Murray has scored 2 goals and got an assist in 2 different bpl matches this season and nothing. Someone even tweeted an EA developer about Murrays' lack of IF and they stated a top league striker needs at least a hatrick or make 4 goal contributions in a game (2g 2a or 1g 3a) to qualify. Same with fa cup motms cards handed out for 1 goal strikers yet Murray scored the winning goal in 2 fa cup games but didn't get one.

    Same as Hemed and Murray on 16 and 17 both scored braces in plenty of games but never made totw where as other championship strikers did for one or two goals. Same with Propper, missed out on IF when he scored 2 goals but Blind got an IF for the same match for two assists from defence but no clean sheet.

    EA will always prefer pacey, meta pack selling players over players who aren't the most desired of cards. (No pace lol.) It's easier to sell packs with the likes of PEA, Pogba, CR7 etc it's just good business sense from them. (That and EA hate Brighton :joy: )

    I get your point also and agree I'm a Sunderland fan so we rarely see in forms! :P But they do favour the big teams for more £££.

    They shouldn't change the system and an 88 Real Madrid Spanish SIF that has a PTG is surely something that would help attract people to buy packs though right? :open_mouth:
    Denz wrote: »
    They usually go for the hype I guess unless they absolutely have no choice. Suppose over a week later and with it being a friendly gave them the option to not include him.

    Shouldn't happen but I'm not sure I feel like they've done this treatment at other time too it's not right Tuesday night games are totally ignored, I wouldn't care if a Newcastle player scored 4, I'd want them to be in TotW, how can you just ignore a day of the week? If so, can I tell my boss that I now ignroe Mondays and stay in bed all day lmao.

    @Masscherano

    I totally get where your coming from and what your saying but the problem isn't just EA.

    Ea want hype cards and Isco isn't one of those I'm afraid. Why? Because of youtubers and FIFA pro's. Every 'content creator' bangs on about players must be 6 foot minimum in height, 4* weak foot and/or skill moves, be insanely fast, strong as an ox and having great well rounded high end stats. Of course now everyone feels they 'need' these types of players to play well. Let's be honest how many people had even heard of Lozano, De Ligt, Alessandrini etc let alone planned to build a team around them before YouTube, forums and Reddit introduced these meta players to us? Sadly Isco's PTG card would need a whopping +8 on pace to break the 80 pace barrier, (still way too slow for youtubers) he's 5 foot 9 has 3* skill moves (or weak foot) and his physicals are too low for him to be considered a useable card. Factor in his low reactions and other low stats. YouTubers don't like these cards and sadly nor will the sheeple.

    Personally I love his nif card but I'm not a meta card user. The sad fact is YouTube and pro's help decide who is and isn't worthy of special cards.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10558 posts Has That Special Something
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:

    Not sure when MotM are due? I run a full Spanish squad so it's not for investment hype I'm disappointed about.

    I also now have the decision of ranking these Spanish CM's in a 4321 (I rotate my squad for fitness so I need 4)
    Currently it's:

    1. SBC Thiago
    2. PTG Viera
    3. TIF Silva
    4. PTG Isco
    5. SIF Alberto
    6. SIF Iniesta
    7. Other Spanish CM that's not Koke (can't wait for his special card or PTG Saul)

    Based on the fact I didn't get on with Iniesta I can't see his SIF being any good his stats are poor across the board for a 89.
    However, the fact I get on so well so with PTG Viera being a little whippet in midfield makes me think SIF Alberto may be a better pick for my style than PTG Isco.
    Also considering moving up TIF Silva for PTG Viera because he should be more magnificent than he already is lmao.

    Yea i didn't plan on selling Isco, im just saying i could have and made profit and most likely buy him back later but im too lazy for all of that lol.

    I personally find PTG Isco to be my favorite of the group mentioned. I've just used him exclusively since last year and is one of my favorites. I know exactly how to use him and what ill get out of him. I have SBC thiago and it just feel like he is too hit and miss with his shooting. Isco defends better as well IMO, despite his base stat being lower, he has decent interceptions and standing tackles. I like IF Asensio on 7 chem as well or as a super sub. He is a perfect CF as well. I use a 4411.

    Isco> Asensio> Thiago for me.

    Recently started using a different Brazilian hybrid squad though, and so now Isco is on the bench :/

    I have PTG Asensio as a LF otherwise I did like his card in Cm still not sure if he's proven to be any better than IF Tello who was there previously.

    Ah you see I'm in love with Thiago's SBC card, the 5* skill in midfield has made him shine so far.
    I've used IF Isco from near the start of 18 and then swapped PTG when released and I'm not sure he's performing as well as the top 2 at least in that list and SIF Alberto does look tempting.
    Let's be honest EA change their criteria for special cards so often it ludicrous.

    For example PEA gets one this week for 2 goals as BPL striker, yet Glenn Murray has scored 2 goals and got an assist in 2 different bpl matches this season and nothing. Someone even tweeted an EA developer about Murrays' lack of IF and they stated a top league striker needs at least a hatrick or make 4 goal contributions in a game (2g 2a or 1g 3a) to qualify. Same with fa cup motms cards handed out for 1 goal strikers yet Murray scored the winning goal in 2 fa cup games but didn't get one.

    Same as Hemed and Murray on 16 and 17 both scored braces in plenty of games but never made totw where as other championship strikers did for one or two goals. Same with Propper, missed out on IF when he scored 2 goals but Blind got an IF for the same match for two assists from defence but no clean sheet.

    EA will always prefer pacey, meta pack selling players over players who aren't the most desired of cards. (No pace lol.) It's easier to sell packs with the likes of PEA, Pogba, CR7 etc it's just good business sense from them. (That and EA hate Brighton :joy: )

    I get your point also and agree I'm a Sunderland fan so we rarely see in forms! :P But they do favour the big teams for more £££.

    They shouldn't change the system and an 88 Real Madrid Spanish SIF that has a PTG is surely something that would help attract people to buy packs though right? :open_mouth:
    Denz wrote: »
    They usually go for the hype I guess unless they absolutely have no choice. Suppose over a week later and with it being a friendly gave them the option to not include him.

    Shouldn't happen but I'm not sure I feel like they've done this treatment at other time too it's not right Tuesday night games are totally ignored, I wouldn't care if a Newcastle player scored 4, I'd want them to be in TotW, how can you just ignore a day of the week? If so, can I tell my boss that I now ignroe Mondays and stay in bed all day lmao.

    @Masscherano

    I totally get where your coming from and what your saying but the problem isn't just EA.

    Ea want hype cards and Isco isn't one of those I'm afraid. Why? Because of youtubers and FIFA pro's. Every 'content creator' bangs on about players must be 6 foot minimum in height, 4* weak foot and/or skill moves, be insanely fast, strong as an ox and having great well rounded high end stats. Of course now everyone feels they 'need' these types of players to play well. Let's be honest how many people had even heard of Lozano, De Ligt, Alessandrini etc let alone planned to build a team around them before YouTube, forums and Reddit introduced these meta players to us? Sadly Isco's PTG card would need a whopping +8 on pace to break the 80 pace barrier, (still way too slow for youtubers) he's 5 foot 9 has 3* skill moves (or weak foot) and his physicals are too low for him to be considered a useable card. Factor in his low reactions and other low stats. YouTubers don't like these cards and sadly nor will the sheeple.

    Personally I love his nif card but I'm not a meta card user. The sad fact is YouTube and pro's help decide who is and isn't worthy of special cards.

    Well said!
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:

    Not sure when MotM are due? I run a full Spanish squad so it's not for investment hype I'm disappointed about.

    I also now have the decision of ranking these Spanish CM's in a 4321 (I rotate my squad for fitness so I need 4)
    Currently it's:

    1. SBC Thiago
    2. PTG Viera
    3. TIF Silva
    4. PTG Isco
    5. SIF Alberto
    6. SIF Iniesta
    7. Other Spanish CM that's not Koke (can't wait for his special card or PTG Saul)

    Based on the fact I didn't get on with Iniesta I can't see his SIF being any good his stats are poor across the board for a 89.
    However, the fact I get on so well so with PTG Viera being a little whippet in midfield makes me think SIF Alberto may be a better pick for my style than PTG Isco.
    Also considering moving up TIF Silva for PTG Viera because he should be more magnificent than he already is lmao.

    Yea i didn't plan on selling Isco, im just saying i could have and made profit and most likely buy him back later but im too lazy for all of that lol.

    I personally find PTG Isco to be my favorite of the group mentioned. I've just used him exclusively since last year and is one of my favorites. I know exactly how to use him and what ill get out of him. I have SBC thiago and it just feel like he is too hit and miss with his shooting. Isco defends better as well IMO, despite his base stat being lower, he has decent interceptions and standing tackles. I like IF Asensio on 7 chem as well or as a super sub. He is a perfect CF as well. I use a 4411.

    Isco> Asensio> Thiago for me.

    Recently started using a different Brazilian hybrid squad though, and so now Isco is on the bench :/

    I have PTG Asensio as a LF otherwise I did like his card in Cm still not sure if he's proven to be any better than IF Tello who was there previously.

    Ah you see I'm in love with Thiago's SBC card, the 5* skill in midfield has made him shine so far.
    I've used IF Isco from near the start of 18 and then swapped PTG when released and I'm not sure he's performing as well as the top 2 at least in that list and SIF Alberto does look tempting.
    Let's be honest EA change their criteria for special cards so often it ludicrous.

    For example PEA gets one this week for 2 goals as BPL striker, yet Glenn Murray has scored 2 goals and got an assist in 2 different bpl matches this season and nothing. Someone even tweeted an EA developer about Murrays' lack of IF and they stated a top league striker needs at least a hatrick or make 4 goal contributions in a game (2g 2a or 1g 3a) to qualify. Same with fa cup motms cards handed out for 1 goal strikers yet Murray scored the winning goal in 2 fa cup games but didn't get one.

    Same as Hemed and Murray on 16 and 17 both scored braces in plenty of games but never made totw where as other championship strikers did for one or two goals. Same with Propper, missed out on IF when he scored 2 goals but Blind got an IF for the same match for two assists from defence but no clean sheet.

    EA will always prefer pacey, meta pack selling players over players who aren't the most desired of cards. (No pace lol.) It's easier to sell packs with the likes of PEA, Pogba, CR7 etc it's just good business sense from them. (That and EA hate Brighton :joy: )

    I get your point also and agree I'm a Sunderland fan so we rarely see in forms! :P But they do favour the big teams for more £££.

    They shouldn't change the system and an 88 Real Madrid Spanish SIF that has a PTG is surely something that would help attract people to buy packs though right? :open_mouth:
    Denz wrote: »
    They usually go for the hype I guess unless they absolutely have no choice. Suppose over a week later and with it being a friendly gave them the option to not include him.

    Shouldn't happen but I'm not sure I feel like they've done this treatment at other time too it's not right Tuesday night games are totally ignored, I wouldn't care if a Newcastle player scored 4, I'd want them to be in TotW, how can you just ignore a day of the week? If so, can I tell my boss that I now ignroe Mondays and stay in bed all day lmao.

    @Masscherano

    I totally get where your coming from and what your saying but the problem isn't just EA.

    Ea want hype cards and Isco isn't one of those I'm afraid. Why? Because of youtubers and FIFA pro's. Every 'content creator' bangs on about players must be 6 foot minimum in height, 4* weak foot and/or skill moves, be insanely fast, strong as an ox and having great well rounded high end stats. Of course now everyone feels they 'need' these types of players to play well. Let's be honest how many people had even heard of Lozano, De Ligt, Alessandrini etc let alone planned to build a team around them before YouTube, forums and Reddit introduced these meta players to us? Sadly Isco's PTG card would need a whopping +8 on pace to break the 80 pace barrier, (still way too slow for youtubers) he's 5 foot 9 has 3* skill moves (or weak foot) and his physicals are too low for him to be considered a useable card. Factor in his low reactions and other low stats. YouTubers don't like these cards and sadly nor will the sheeple.

    Personally I love his nif card but I'm not a meta card user. The sad fact is YouTube and pro's help decide who is and isn't worthy of special cards.


    Isco is 4* skill move :trollface: but 3* weakfoot which can be a drag.


    Solid points though. If only people made their teams based on what they wanted and not what a Youtuber tells them they have to use, im sure people would have a lot more fun at this game. Isco is probably one of the most fun players i have used, he is definitely up there. Finesse shots for days, but people don't even know lol


  • Knowlesdinho
    10558 posts Has That Special Something
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:

    Not sure when MotM are due? I run a full Spanish squad so it's not for investment hype I'm disappointed about.

    I also now have the decision of ranking these Spanish CM's in a 4321 (I rotate my squad for fitness so I need 4)
    Currently it's:

    1. SBC Thiago
    2. PTG Viera
    3. TIF Silva
    4. PTG Isco
    5. SIF Alberto
    6. SIF Iniesta
    7. Other Spanish CM that's not Koke (can't wait for his special card or PTG Saul)

    Based on the fact I didn't get on with Iniesta I can't see his SIF being any good his stats are poor across the board for a 89.
    However, the fact I get on so well so with PTG Viera being a little whippet in midfield makes me think SIF Alberto may be a better pick for my style than PTG Isco.
    Also considering moving up TIF Silva for PTG Viera because he should be more magnificent than he already is lmao.

    Yea i didn't plan on selling Isco, im just saying i could have and made profit and most likely buy him back later but im too lazy for all of that lol.

    I personally find PTG Isco to be my favorite of the group mentioned. I've just used him exclusively since last year and is one of my favorites. I know exactly how to use him and what ill get out of him. I have SBC thiago and it just feel like he is too hit and miss with his shooting. Isco defends better as well IMO, despite his base stat being lower, he has decent interceptions and standing tackles. I like IF Asensio on 7 chem as well or as a super sub. He is a perfect CF as well. I use a 4411.

    Isco> Asensio> Thiago for me.

    Recently started using a different Brazilian hybrid squad though, and so now Isco is on the bench :/

    I have PTG Asensio as a LF otherwise I did like his card in Cm still not sure if he's proven to be any better than IF Tello who was there previously.

    Ah you see I'm in love with Thiago's SBC card, the 5* skill in midfield has made him shine so far.
    I've used IF Isco from near the start of 18 and then swapped PTG when released and I'm not sure he's performing as well as the top 2 at least in that list and SIF Alberto does look tempting.
    Let's be honest EA change their criteria for special cards so often it ludicrous.

    For example PEA gets one this week for 2 goals as BPL striker, yet Glenn Murray has scored 2 goals and got an assist in 2 different bpl matches this season and nothing. Someone even tweeted an EA developer about Murrays' lack of IF and they stated a top league striker needs at least a hatrick or make 4 goal contributions in a game (2g 2a or 1g 3a) to qualify. Same with fa cup motms cards handed out for 1 goal strikers yet Murray scored the winning goal in 2 fa cup games but didn't get one.

    Same as Hemed and Murray on 16 and 17 both scored braces in plenty of games but never made totw where as other championship strikers did for one or two goals. Same with Propper, missed out on IF when he scored 2 goals but Blind got an IF for the same match for two assists from defence but no clean sheet.

    EA will always prefer pacey, meta pack selling players over players who aren't the most desired of cards. (No pace lol.) It's easier to sell packs with the likes of PEA, Pogba, CR7 etc it's just good business sense from them. (That and EA hate Brighton :joy: )

    I get your point also and agree I'm a Sunderland fan so we rarely see in forms! :P But they do favour the big teams for more £££.

    They shouldn't change the system and an 88 Real Madrid Spanish SIF that has a PTG is surely something that would help attract people to buy packs though right? :open_mouth:
    Denz wrote: »
    They usually go for the hype I guess unless they absolutely have no choice. Suppose over a week later and with it being a friendly gave them the option to not include him.

    Shouldn't happen but I'm not sure I feel like they've done this treatment at other time too it's not right Tuesday night games are totally ignored, I wouldn't care if a Newcastle player scored 4, I'd want them to be in TotW, how can you just ignore a day of the week? If so, can I tell my boss that I now ignroe Mondays and stay in bed all day lmao.

    @Masscherano

    I totally get where your coming from and what your saying but the problem isn't just EA.

    Ea want hype cards and Isco isn't one of those I'm afraid. Why? Because of youtubers and FIFA pro's. Every 'content creator' bangs on about players must be 6 foot minimum in height, 4* weak foot and/or skill moves, be insanely fast, strong as an ox and having great well rounded high end stats. Of course now everyone feels they 'need' these types of players to play well. Let's be honest how many people had even heard of Lozano, De Ligt, Alessandrini etc let alone planned to build a team around them before YouTube, forums and Reddit introduced these meta players to us? Sadly Isco's PTG card would need a whopping +8 on pace to break the 80 pace barrier, (still way too slow for youtubers) he's 5 foot 9 has 3* skill moves (or weak foot) and his physicals are too low for him to be considered a useable card. Factor in his low reactions and other low stats. YouTubers don't like these cards and sadly nor will the sheeple.

    Personally I love his nif card but I'm not a meta card user. The sad fact is YouTube and pro's help decide who is and isn't worthy of special cards.


    Isco is 4* skill move :trollface: but 3* weakfoot which can be a drag.


    Solid points though. If only people made their teams based on what they wanted and not what a Youtuber tells them they have to use, im sure people would have a lot more fun at this game. Isco is probably one of the most fun players i have used, he is definitely up there. Finesse shots for days, but people don't even know lol


    You use him well!
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:

    Not sure when MotM are due? I run a full Spanish squad so it's not for investment hype I'm disappointed about.

    I also now have the decision of ranking these Spanish CM's in a 4321 (I rotate my squad for fitness so I need 4)
    Currently it's:

    1. SBC Thiago
    2. PTG Viera
    3. TIF Silva
    4. PTG Isco
    5. SIF Alberto
    6. SIF Iniesta
    7. Other Spanish CM that's not Koke (can't wait for his special card or PTG Saul)

    Based on the fact I didn't get on with Iniesta I can't see his SIF being any good his stats are poor across the board for a 89.
    However, the fact I get on so well so with PTG Viera being a little whippet in midfield makes me think SIF Alberto may be a better pick for my style than PTG Isco.
    Also considering moving up TIF Silva for PTG Viera because he should be more magnificent than he already is lmao.

    Yea i didn't plan on selling Isco, im just saying i could have and made profit and most likely buy him back later but im too lazy for all of that lol.

    I personally find PTG Isco to be my favorite of the group mentioned. I've just used him exclusively since last year and is one of my favorites. I know exactly how to use him and what ill get out of him. I have SBC thiago and it just feel like he is too hit and miss with his shooting. Isco defends better as well IMO, despite his base stat being lower, he has decent interceptions and standing tackles. I like IF Asensio on 7 chem as well or as a super sub. He is a perfect CF as well. I use a 4411.

    Isco> Asensio> Thiago for me.

    Recently started using a different Brazilian hybrid squad though, and so now Isco is on the bench :/

    I have PTG Asensio as a LF otherwise I did like his card in Cm still not sure if he's proven to be any better than IF Tello who was there previously.

    Ah you see I'm in love with Thiago's SBC card, the 5* skill in midfield has made him shine so far.
    I've used IF Isco from near the start of 18 and then swapped PTG when released and I'm not sure he's performing as well as the top 2 at least in that list and SIF Alberto does look tempting.
    Let's be honest EA change their criteria for special cards so often it ludicrous.

    For example PEA gets one this week for 2 goals as BPL striker, yet Glenn Murray has scored 2 goals and got an assist in 2 different bpl matches this season and nothing. Someone even tweeted an EA developer about Murrays' lack of IF and they stated a top league striker needs at least a hatrick or make 4 goal contributions in a game (2g 2a or 1g 3a) to qualify. Same with fa cup motms cards handed out for 1 goal strikers yet Murray scored the winning goal in 2 fa cup games but didn't get one.

    Same as Hemed and Murray on 16 and 17 both scored braces in plenty of games but never made totw where as other championship strikers did for one or two goals. Same with Propper, missed out on IF when he scored 2 goals but Blind got an IF for the same match for two assists from defence but no clean sheet.

    EA will always prefer pacey, meta pack selling players over players who aren't the most desired of cards. (No pace lol.) It's easier to sell packs with the likes of PEA, Pogba, CR7 etc it's just good business sense from them. (That and EA hate Brighton :joy: )

    I get your point also and agree I'm a Sunderland fan so we rarely see in forms! :P But they do favour the big teams for more £££.

    They shouldn't change the system and an 88 Real Madrid Spanish SIF that has a PTG is surely something that would help attract people to buy packs though right? :open_mouth:
    Denz wrote: »
    They usually go for the hype I guess unless they absolutely have no choice. Suppose over a week later and with it being a friendly gave them the option to not include him.

    Shouldn't happen but I'm not sure I feel like they've done this treatment at other time too it's not right Tuesday night games are totally ignored, I wouldn't care if a Newcastle player scored 4, I'd want them to be in TotW, how can you just ignore a day of the week? If so, can I tell my boss that I now ignroe Mondays and stay in bed all day lmao.

    @Masscherano

    I totally get where your coming from and what your saying but the problem isn't just EA.

    Ea want hype cards and Isco isn't one of those I'm afraid. Why? Because of youtubers and FIFA pro's. Every 'content creator' bangs on about players must be 6 foot minimum in height, 4* weak foot and/or skill moves, be insanely fast, strong as an ox and having great well rounded high end stats. Of course now everyone feels they 'need' these types of players to play well. Let's be honest how many people had even heard of Lozano, De Ligt, Alessandrini etc let alone planned to build a team around them before YouTube, forums and Reddit introduced these meta players to us? Sadly Isco's PTG card would need a whopping +8 on pace to break the 80 pace barrier, (still way too slow for youtubers) he's 5 foot 9 has 3* skill moves (or weak foot) and his physicals are too low for him to be considered a useable card. Factor in his low reactions and other low stats. YouTubers don't like these cards and sadly nor will the sheeple.

    Personally I love his nif card but I'm not a meta card user. The sad fact is YouTube and pro's help decide who is and isn't worthy of special cards.


    Isco is 4* skill move :trollface: but 3* weakfoot which can be a drag.


    Solid points though. If only people made their teams based on what they wanted and not what a Youtuber tells them they have to use, im sure people would have a lot more fun at this game. Isco is probably one of the most fun players i have used, he is definitely up there. Finesse shots for days, but people don't even know lol


    You use him well!

    Maybe it's because I'm not a meta card user either, as I've enjoyed his card too. :) I get that he's not what the YouTubers hype up. Totally understand the point, frustrating that's what drove EA's decision to who's in TotW but I'll just have to suck it up haha.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:

    Not sure when MotM are due? I run a full Spanish squad so it's not for investment hype I'm disappointed about.

    I also now have the decision of ranking these Spanish CM's in a 4321 (I rotate my squad for fitness so I need 4)
    Currently it's:

    1. SBC Thiago
    2. PTG Viera
    3. TIF Silva
    4. PTG Isco
    5. SIF Alberto
    6. SIF Iniesta
    7. Other Spanish CM that's not Koke (can't wait for his special card or PTG Saul)

    Based on the fact I didn't get on with Iniesta I can't see his SIF being any good his stats are poor across the board for a 89.
    However, the fact I get on so well so with PTG Viera being a little whippet in midfield makes me think SIF Alberto may be a better pick for my style than PTG Isco.
    Also considering moving up TIF Silva for PTG Viera because he should be more magnificent than he already is lmao.

    Yea i didn't plan on selling Isco, im just saying i could have and made profit and most likely buy him back later but im too lazy for all of that lol.

    I personally find PTG Isco to be my favorite of the group mentioned. I've just used him exclusively since last year and is one of my favorites. I know exactly how to use him and what ill get out of him. I have SBC thiago and it just feel like he is too hit and miss with his shooting. Isco defends better as well IMO, despite his base stat being lower, he has decent interceptions and standing tackles. I like IF Asensio on 7 chem as well or as a super sub. He is a perfect CF as well. I use a 4411.

    Isco> Asensio> Thiago for me.

    Recently started using a different Brazilian hybrid squad though, and so now Isco is on the bench :/

    I have PTG Asensio as a LF otherwise I did like his card in Cm still not sure if he's proven to be any better than IF Tello who was there previously.

    Ah you see I'm in love with Thiago's SBC card, the 5* skill in midfield has made him shine so far.
    I've used IF Isco from near the start of 18 and then swapped PTG when released and I'm not sure he's performing as well as the top 2 at least in that list and SIF Alberto does look tempting.
    Let's be honest EA change their criteria for special cards so often it ludicrous.

    For example PEA gets one this week for 2 goals as BPL striker, yet Glenn Murray has scored 2 goals and got an assist in 2 different bpl matches this season and nothing. Someone even tweeted an EA developer about Murrays' lack of IF and they stated a top league striker needs at least a hatrick or make 4 goal contributions in a game (2g 2a or 1g 3a) to qualify. Same with fa cup motms cards handed out for 1 goal strikers yet Murray scored the winning goal in 2 fa cup games but didn't get one.

    Same as Hemed and Murray on 16 and 17 both scored braces in plenty of games but never made totw where as other championship strikers did for one or two goals. Same with Propper, missed out on IF when he scored 2 goals but Blind got an IF for the same match for two assists from defence but no clean sheet.

    EA will always prefer pacey, meta pack selling players over players who aren't the most desired of cards. (No pace lol.) It's easier to sell packs with the likes of PEA, Pogba, CR7 etc it's just good business sense from them. (That and EA hate Brighton :joy: )

    I get your point also and agree I'm a Sunderland fan so we rarely see in forms! :P But they do favour the big teams for more £££.

    They shouldn't change the system and an 88 Real Madrid Spanish SIF that has a PTG is surely something that would help attract people to buy packs though right? :open_mouth:
    Denz wrote: »
    They usually go for the hype I guess unless they absolutely have no choice. Suppose over a week later and with it being a friendly gave them the option to not include him.

    Shouldn't happen but I'm not sure I feel like they've done this treatment at other time too it's not right Tuesday night games are totally ignored, I wouldn't care if a Newcastle player scored 4, I'd want them to be in TotW, how can you just ignore a day of the week? If so, can I tell my boss that I now ignroe Mondays and stay in bed all day lmao.

    @Masscherano

    I totally get where your coming from and what your saying but the problem isn't just EA.

    Ea want hype cards and Isco isn't one of those I'm afraid. Why? Because of youtubers and FIFA pro's. Every 'content creator' bangs on about players must be 6 foot minimum in height, 4* weak foot and/or skill moves, be insanely fast, strong as an ox and having great well rounded high end stats. Of course now everyone feels they 'need' these types of players to play well. Let's be honest how many people had even heard of Lozano, De Ligt, Alessandrini etc let alone planned to build a team around them before YouTube, forums and Reddit introduced these meta players to us? Sadly Isco's PTG card would need a whopping +8 on pace to break the 80 pace barrier, (still way too slow for youtubers) he's 5 foot 9 has 3* skill moves (or weak foot) and his physicals are too low for him to be considered a useable card. Factor in his low reactions and other low stats. YouTubers don't like these cards and sadly nor will the sheeple.

    Personally I love his nif card but I'm not a meta card user. The sad fact is YouTube and pro's help decide who is and isn't worthy of special cards.


    Isco is 4* skill move :trollface: but 3* weakfoot which can be a drag.


    Solid points though. If only people made their teams based on what they wanted and not what a Youtuber tells them they have to use, im sure people would have a lot more fun at this game. Isco is probably one of the most fun players i have used, he is definitely up there. Finesse shots for days, but people don't even know lol


    You use him well!

    Maybe it's because I'm not a meta card user either, as I've enjoyed his card too. :) I get that he's not what the YouTubers hype up. Totally understand the point, frustrating that's what drove EA's decision to who's in TotW but I'll just have to suck it up haha.

    i don't think it necessarily made them choose not to give him a TOTW card, the youtubers don't dictate what comes out, but more like they decide which cards a viable to use. So if they given us an Isco, there would be people making vids saying he wasn't good enough for fut champs or something. But again a lot of those guys that are popular do not play in a formation like mine nor do they play anywhere near how i play, whether its for better or worse.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    It wasn’t this week...

    Tuesday to Monday is the TOTW week.
    Should have counted in theory.

    i honestly was expecting him to get something. Maybe MOTM? I guess should have sold the PTG into the almost nonexistent hype :pensive:

    Not sure when MotM are due? I run a full Spanish squad so it's not for investment hype I'm disappointed about.

    I also now have the decision of ranking these Spanish CM's in a 4321 (I rotate my squad for fitness so I need 4)
    Currently it's:

    1. SBC Thiago
    2. PTG Viera
    3. TIF Silva
    4. PTG Isco
    5. SIF Alberto
    6. SIF Iniesta
    7. Other Spanish CM that's not Koke (can't wait for his special card or PTG Saul)

    Based on the fact I didn't get on with Iniesta I can't see his SIF being any good his stats are poor across the board for a 89.
    However, the fact I get on so well so with PTG Viera being a little whippet in midfield makes me think SIF Alberto may be a better pick for my style than PTG Isco.
    Also considering moving up TIF Silva for PTG Viera because he should be more magnificent than he already is lmao.

    Yea i didn't plan on selling Isco, im just saying i could have and made profit and most likely buy him back later but im too lazy for all of that lol.

    I personally find PTG Isco to be my favorite of the group mentioned. I've just used him exclusively since last year and is one of my favorites. I know exactly how to use him and what ill get out of him. I have SBC thiago and it just feel like he is too hit and miss with his shooting. Isco defends better as well IMO, despite his base stat being lower, he has decent interceptions and standing tackles. I like IF Asensio on 7 chem as well or as a super sub. He is a perfect CF as well. I use a 4411.

    Isco> Asensio> Thiago for me.

    Recently started using a different Brazilian hybrid squad though, and so now Isco is on the bench :/

    I have PTG Asensio as a LF otherwise I did like his card in Cm still not sure if he's proven to be any better than IF Tello who was there previously.

    Ah you see I'm in love with Thiago's SBC card, the 5* skill in midfield has made him shine so far.
    I've used IF Isco from near the start of 18 and then swapped PTG when released and I'm not sure he's performing as well as the top 2 at least in that list and SIF Alberto does look tempting.
    Let's be honest EA change their criteria for special cards so often it ludicrous.

    For example PEA gets one this week for 2 goals as BPL striker, yet Glenn Murray has scored 2 goals and got an assist in 2 different bpl matches this season and nothing. Someone even tweeted an EA developer about Murrays' lack of IF and they stated a top league striker needs at least a hatrick or make 4 goal contributions in a game (2g 2a or 1g 3a) to qualify. Same with fa cup motms cards handed out for 1 goal strikers yet Murray scored the winning goal in 2 fa cup games but didn't get one.

    Same as Hemed and Murray on 16 and 17 both scored braces in plenty of games but never made totw where as other championship strikers did for one or two goals. Same with Propper, missed out on IF when he scored 2 goals but Blind got an IF for the same match for two assists from defence but no clean sheet.

    EA will always prefer pacey, meta pack selling players over players who aren't the most desired of cards. (No pace lol.) It's easier to sell packs with the likes of PEA, Pogba, CR7 etc it's just good business sense from them. (That and EA hate Brighton :joy: )

    I get your point also and agree I'm a Sunderland fan so we rarely see in forms! :P But they do favour the big teams for more £££.

    They shouldn't change the system and an 88 Real Madrid Spanish SIF that has a PTG is surely something that would help attract people to buy packs though right? :open_mouth:
    Denz wrote: »
    They usually go for the hype I guess unless they absolutely have no choice. Suppose over a week later and with it being a friendly gave them the option to not include him.

    Shouldn't happen but I'm not sure I feel like they've done this treatment at other time too it's not right Tuesday night games are totally ignored, I wouldn't care if a Newcastle player scored 4, I'd want them to be in TotW, how can you just ignore a day of the week? If so, can I tell my boss that I now ignroe Mondays and stay in bed all day lmao.

    @Masscherano

    I totally get where your coming from and what your saying but the problem isn't just EA.

    Ea want hype cards and Isco isn't one of those I'm afraid. Why? Because of youtubers and FIFA pro's. Every 'content creator' bangs on about players must be 6 foot minimum in height, 4* weak foot and/or skill moves, be insanely fast, strong as an ox and having great well rounded high end stats. Of course now everyone feels they 'need' these types of players to play well. Let's be honest how many people had even heard of Lozano, De Ligt, Alessandrini etc let alone planned to build a team around them before YouTube, forums and Reddit introduced these meta players to us? Sadly Isco's PTG card would need a whopping +8 on pace to break the 80 pace barrier, (still way too slow for youtubers) he's 5 foot 9 has 3* skill moves (or weak foot) and his physicals are too low for him to be considered a useable card. Factor in his low reactions and other low stats. YouTubers don't like these cards and sadly nor will the sheeple.

    Personally I love his nif card but I'm not a meta card user. The sad fact is YouTube and pro's help decide who is and isn't worthy of special cards.


    Isco is 4* skill move :trollface: but 3* weakfoot which can be a drag.


    Solid points though. If only people made their teams based on what they wanted and not what a Youtuber tells them they have to use, im sure people would have a lot more fun at this game. Isco is probably one of the most fun players i have used, he is definitely up there. Finesse shots for days, but people don't even know lol


    You use him well!

    haha thanks! hes been gathering dust lately!





  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    @Masscherano for the sake of being board i thought i would share my former squad. Suarez and Griezmann would be swapped in game. I guess Alessandrini is the only sweat player but i always say i have used him since he came out before he was hyped up or popular! But either way I doubt you will ever see this exact squad lol.

    https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=jWgzm5rNMTr:FFA18XBO

    This is what i use now however, swapping Kaka to Cf and suarez up top, paulinho and saul get swapped around as well. Perhaps if we get some decent upgrades for Isco, i would make room for him but i have been having more success with Saul and Paulinho paired together. Really like isco for his attacking and playmaking, but If pauly gives him a run for his money!

    https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=j6P2mBDUMTs:FFA18XBO


    share your squad!
Sign In or Register to comment.