Anyone think the marquee matchup system needs a revamp?

Richehb1
919 posts Professional
The sbcs mostly feel so unrewarding now for me, bad packs, often requirements that don't reflect the fixture and fixtures themselves that are of little standing to deserve a 'marquee' title

I suggest there be 2 sets of matchup sbcs, one like the current week with random games from the week that aren't massively 'marquee' with easier requirements but worse packs, and a second set that are marquee games that are easier to invest for and have stricter requirements but better packs to reflect that. Thoughts?

Comments

• Yangster1984
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    The thing is easier to invest for is not in EA dictionary. So no chance of it happening
  • Chavez
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    got the troll nani from it though!
    makes your heart jump a split sec ..
  • RemyS
    804 posts Semi-Pro
    You got unlucky (me too, for many weeks), but no, not a reason to change the system.
    Of course we can complain about the way they choose games, but we also can't expect them to give us every week 4 games really easy to predict.
  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    It should be renamed ‘random matchups’ as they are certainly not ‘marquee’.
  • Jason1986
    6964 posts Big Money Move
    Ever since they made up new packs for the rewards it’s not been worthwhile at all. I’m sure there were Mega packs and such for completing MM’s last season.

My most profitable trading came from investing correctly in MM’s when I was still heavily interested in the game. But like you say, they just pick random fixtures now!
  • Irreverant1_
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    Oh snap! I forgot about Marquee Matchups...oh well, don’t even care lol what am I going to get? A Harit? Lol I’m good
  • Imtnt
    4885 posts Big Money Move
    i do feel this sbc is not apealing anymore
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    While you are moaning about randomness and bad packs, take into consideration that two of these MMs can be done with full bronze teams.

And while Atletico and OM/Leipzig players are slightly expensive atm, here's my free tip for future:

I keep 2-3 players from every big league teams in my club as all of them have some discards. When something like this happens, Germain, Chambers, Elneny, Partey etc. come quite handy.
  • mHazard
    Though, in general I agree the matchups have become not so "marquee".

They should consider changing the title of these matchups. :)
  • pudgyfudgy
    5534 posts Big Money Move
    mHazard wrote: »

Meh Matchups

or just Meh-chups.

Anyway I'd prefer MMs that are a little harder or more expensive to complete but give better rewards. Even though you can get 7.5k and 15k packs pretty much for free, you're never going to pack anything of note from those low-tier packs anyway so it's pretty much a redundant exercise.

I'd rather have to spend a little bit and get a bunch of 35k - 50k packs, like last year.
  • mHazard
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »

Meh Matchups

or just Meh-chups.

Anyway I'd prefer MMs that are a little harder or more expensive to complete but give better rewards. Even though you can get 7.5k and 15k packs pretty much for free, you're never going to pack anything of note from those low-tier packs anyway so it's pretty much a redundant exercise.

I'd rather have to spend a little bit and get a bunch of 35k - 50k packs, like last year.

Deffo
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    While you are moaning about randomness and bad packs, take into consideration that two of these MMs can be done with full bronze teams.

And while Atletico and OM/Leipzig players are slightly expensive atm, here's my free tip for future:

I keep 2-3 players from every big league teams in my club as all of them have some discards. When something like this happens, Germain, Chambers, Elneny, Partey etc. come quite handy.

Agree with this.
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up
    Have to agree.... these new watered down 'half' packs are a p!ss take for sure. Small primes, small rares etc. utterly farcical really.