What will make Fifa better - 8 ideas from me, what are yours?

JBC03FC
3336 posts National Call-Up
edited April 2018
1 - Tiered sbc content.
You would only get to complete certain sbcs once you have completed others.
Best example of this would be to tier the icons from day 1, so R9, Dinho, Pele, Gullit, and Vieira would be top tier.
The likes of litmanen, okocha etc. would be bottom tier.
In order to complete the top tier sbcs, you would have to complete then submit a tier 2, and in order to complete a tier 2, you would have to complete a tier 3 and so on.

2 - Daily SBCs
Give players an option to do some sort of sbc everyday, even if some days was just a kit, ball, or coins.
Also add a one off guaranteed untradeable totw player sbc once a week, where you trade a totw player in maybe an 82 rated squad to get an untradeable totw to try for that week. Obviously you could keep if it was really good.

3 - Introduce totw guarantee and icon guarantee packs
These would obviously be expensive, but why not? Would not harm trading at all, but would allow those on a more limited time frame to get into the game in a big way if they chose to.

4 - Change the ratings so that upgrades are more realistic.

bronze - 35-49
silver - 50-64
gold - 65-79
platinum - 80-94

5 - get rid of wl / improve servers
Replace WL with cups. Reward us with unique things like untradable players for winning these cups.
Make squad battles online as well as off.
Give the elite their own tourney that others can try for but know it is not really for them.
Improve servers and give players the option to keep opposition local.
So if you are in the UK you could try UK only, or test your skills against France only with input lag and delay etc.

6 - Allow us to swap-trade 1 card per week with friends.

7 - Make untradebale valuable cards like totws, poty, futmas etc more useful.
I did SBC Valeri, never used the card and ended up using him to complete SBC Pirlo.
Others like Christiansen, Maguire, the norway guy, and futmas cards are just sitting rotting in my club.
We should be able to use these for sbcs without them being regarded the same as regular golds.

8 - Give players who spend certain amounts of money something unique.
This could be done like achievements.
So if you buy 1000 points - unique kit. 5000 - special untradeable pack or maybe a totw guarantee?
10000 points - maybe you get a token to claim during a promotion?
The game is overly reliant on organised trading and it has never been healthy overall.
While it is right and good that people can succeed in Fifa just by playing and grinding, this should not feel like players who cant commit that time have to spend loads and loads of real money.
Some TOTWs are priced out of reach unfairly literally the hour they are released, especially in the early weeks of the game. IF Valencia is best example of this.

Hopefully this can generate some good discussion and doesnt result in childish and spiteful comments about nothing connected to the points made. More ideas can surely only be a good thing.
Post edited by JBC03FC on

Comments

• TheMenezLover
    1780 posts Play-Off Hero
    JBC03FC wrote: »
    3 - Introduce totw guarantee and icon guarantee packs
    These would obviously be expensive, but why not? Would not harm trading at all, but would allow those on a more limited time frame to get into the game in a big way if they chose to.

NOOOOO
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Why would you want to have to do more SBCs to complete icons? I'm not having a go here, but 14 was ridiculous in your opinion.

Daily SBCs is a must though, even if it's for untradable packs, there's no excuse to not have these.
  • Orison
    47609 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Ngl Fifa 19 could have content in abundance, it would be pointless if gameplay sucked.

I honestly don't even care about content as long as gameplay has so many flaws. Why do you not even touch on gameplay? Content for content's sake won't make the game any good.
  • M98H
    12696 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2018
    Replace WL with cups? Back to the 2k win tourneys? No thanks, I enjoy minimum 150k a week :lol:
    Wouldn’t mind more tourneys throughout the week though with like a 20k coin prize and an untradeable pack
  • JBC03FC
    Peter wrote: »
    Why would you want to have to do more SBCs to complete icons? I'm not having a go here, but 14 was ridiculous in your opinion.

Daily SBCs is a must though, even if it's for untradable packs, there's no excuse to not have these.

You could plan what icon sbcs you do from release, it would take time but would work and players would most likely become more engaged.

Orison wrote: »
    Ngl Fifa 19 could have content in abundance, it would be pointless if gameplay sucked.

I honestly don't even care about content as long as gameplay has so many flaws. Why do you not even touch on gameplay? Content for content's sake won't make the game any good.

I did say about servers. I invited suggestions, so go for it, list gameplay issues and I will happillly add them to the original post later on.
  • Absting159
    6662 posts Moderator
    Some of the ideas are pretty good and some just need adapted but seriously would be cool to see some of this.

At work or I’d expand more but quickly only allowing Top tier Icons if you’ve done others only makes it attainable to the rich..I.e people who have done others. I like the idea just not structures the right way!

Instead of just ripping the ideas try and expand on them. Not that we’ll see them but it’s more fun to have a constructive convo than just bash something someone suggests.
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    Better servers is the only thing that can make 19 the best FIFA. Especially for people who live in areas where they are forced to match with people 1000-10000 miles away.
  • JBC03FC
    M98H wrote: »
    Replace WL with cups? Back to the 2k win tourneys? No thanks, I enjoy minimum 150k a week :lol:
    Wouldn’t mind more tourneys throughout the week though with like a 20k coin prize and an untradeable pack

Cups would be repeatable though and make bronze and silvers useful again. Maybe an elite tourney would be better for you? Should be for everyone.
  • BuffonJuve93
    1168 posts Professional
    Thank heaven you don't work for EA lol
  • Nervous_Nick
    5077 posts Big Money Move
    Better servers and no "dramatic moments" and i'll be a happy man
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Well number 6 is a pipe dream. The community shot itself in the foot with that. Trades won't come back.

7 is a bit daft. Say You do a SBC for say an increased rated card. At the end of the day, it's an increased card.i don't think it should have special status in SBCs UNLESS... it asks for it, then its fine.

Number 8 will never happen. Why? Because it'll give players a reminder of exactly how much they've spent on FP. The last thing EA want is for those players to see in black and white exactly what they've spent.

I do think the whole package needs looking into seriously before 19, as it feels like they've lost their way this year.
    Additional ways to play, catering to those who cannot or will not play weekend league is critical in my opinion.
    And then need to have a proper engagement plan, and a strategy to make the game mode more fun again.
  • Peter
    A few pay to win ideas in there, realistically the opposite is needed.
  • Fab
    17519 posts World Class
    #3 will shock you
  • JBC03FC

I disagree because then the game gravitates toward the obsessed and those with loads of time to devote to the game. Most Fifa players who pick it up at Christmas for example do not spend that much time on the game and stop playing because it feels too difficult to progress with. Pay to play or progress is not the same as pay to win. Skill is what matters when you get a game that is totally lag free, and ahem, does not feel weird. That said, when starting out, the difference between Prime Vieira and your average affordable cm is absolutely massive.
  • Peter

I disagree because then the game gravitates toward the obsessed and those with loads of time to devote to the game. Most Fifa players who pick it up at Christmas for example do not spend that much time on the game and stop playing because it feels too difficult to progress with. Pay to play or progress is not the same as pay to win. Skill is what matters when you get a game that is totally lag free, and ahem, does not feel weird. That said, when starting out, the difference between Prime Vieira and your average affordable cm is absolutely massive.

Unique rewards based on spending money is a bad route for the game.

You're making up wild assumptions there to be honest, you have no idea what people who get the game at Christmas do and if or why they stop playing.
  • JBC03FC
    Fab wrote: »
    #3 will shock you

what is so negative about this. I think a lot of the community are against this because they dont want people with a shortage of time getting the best cards to use. I genuinely think that a lot of players who spend most of their free time on fifa want it to stay as it is, purely because it is profitable for them. It needs to change.
  • JBC03FC

You're making up wild assumptions there to be honest, you have no idea what people who get the game at Christmas do and if or why they stop playing.

Ofcourse I have an idea. I am a person who likes fifa. I speak to people in real life, read comments on here and see things online. Nothing wrong with seeing flaws and problems and trying to discuss them. In my local Game for example, the staff perceive Fifa as an absolute con of a game and hear so many negative things about it from customers, especially parents.
  • Peter

Ofcourse I have an idea. I am a person who likes fifa. I speak to people in real life, read comments on here and see things online. Nothing wrong with seeing flaws and problems and trying to discuss them. In my local Game for example, the staff perceive Fifa as an absolute con of a game and hear so many negative things about it from customers, especially parents.

None of that can be quantified as 'most'
  • Legegg
    1010 posts Professional
    Just consistency in gameplay. Players doing what you want. I'd be happy with that. I won't be getting it unless I see people saying it's actually good this time. I wasn't supposed to get 18 but was talked into it by mates.
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Legegg wrote: »
    Just consistency in gameplay. Players doing what you want. I'd be happy with that. I won't be getting it unless I see people saying it's actually good this time. I wasn't supposed to get 18 but was talked into it by mates.

Bingo! That's got to be top of everyone's list. It's crazy how much gameplay changes from game to game.
  • TalentFG
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good starting point for some ideas

Card swapping will be abused

I think the weekend league needs an overhaul rather than binning.

Make it playable the whole week with a cut off like SB

Qualification should be through Division 2 upwards, a cup win or previous WL results

You should only match up with guys in your current tier
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    With #3 **** the whales the megladon sharks will come out of extinction. :trollface:
  • JBC03FC

None of that can be quantified as 'most'

Why? Im not talking about dupes, Im talking about kids who get the game from santa or those who pick it up a bit cheaper with christmas cash. You honestly think the majority of them become hooked on fifa like they do on fortnite, cod, gta etc? I dont believe that at all.
  • Pauldejong6
    6720 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2018
    9. Remove or tone down assistance tremendously on defense. Make people think, make people defend themselves. Create a true skill gap, dont create sheep who braindeadly play the same style/way every game.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4118 posts National Call-Up
    Just better servers will make me happy. Fifa 18 would have been brilliant if they just had better servers and actually communicated with us properly regarding SBC's like Icon releases and League SBC's.

Promos could also be improved massively because there hasn't been a single good promo this year. FUT Birthday last year was incredible and they absolutely killed it this year.
  • Carswell
    8171 posts League Winner

• JBC03FC
    Benn wrote: »
    Yep
    Carswell wrote: »

That all you are contributing? No substance?
  • Legegg
    1010 posts Professional
    Yep

No substance would have been better than most of your suggestions. You barely talked about the massive problem in the game, which is the gameplay. And you just wanted more fluff to distract from the garbage gameplay. An icon or totw guarantee pack? Seriously? You want it even more skewed in the favour of he who pays more? Awful suggestions. I'm trying not to be rude but it's difficult when your last point was to literally reward mugs who pile loads of money into this corrupt and flawed game.
  • Carswell
    8171 posts League Winner
    Yep

Yes after I read number 5 I pretty much realized there was no need to continue. :joy:
  • Danic123
    2280 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think certain players from SBC’S should have icon like links. Example, the POTY cards such as Maguire & Valeri etc.

Would make them more interesting.

What would able be nice was if every player at the start of UT was given an untradeable TOTW player. Then everytime the TOTW came out, the player you had would change into a new TOTW player from that week. Would give people a chance to try out players they wouldn’t normally use. Would also make everyone excited to see the new TOTW and the player they could pack.