Will there be an End Of Era (EOE) Tevez?

JBC03FC
3336 posts National Call-Up
Guy just injured himself playing 5s at his half brothers prison and has annoyed Boca.

Probably going to retire.

Comments

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    He's denied it, said it happened in the gym.

Not seen anything suggesting retirement?
  • JBC03FC
    Peter wrote: »

If its true and Boca are fed up to point they dont offer him a deal for next season, I cant see him playing for anyone else.
    It is a calf injury he has, not sure if the prison story is true or not but it is certainly all a bit strange.
    South American football is quite dodgy politically.
  • Diggy
    13616 posts Has That Special Something
    JBC03FC wrote: »

If its true and Boca are fed up to point they dont offer him a deal for next season, I cant see him playing for anyone else.
    It is a calf injury he has, not sure if the prison story is true or not but it is certainly all a bit strange.
    South American football is very corrupt in every manner.

Fixed for you
  • Noisy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    Didn't he just sign back for Boca a few weeks back? I can't see them dumping him yet.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year

In that scenario his contract would probably expire without him retiring, then you'd be left with a Ronaldinho type situation where he doesn't play for anyone for a while before confirming retirement.

At this point there's no reason to expect an EOE Tevez, as good as it would be.
  • JBC03FC
    Noisy wrote: »
    Didn't he just sign back for Boca a few weeks back? I can't see them dumping him yet.

His wages wont be cheap by argentine standards and he has only given them 3 goals in 8 games, which is basically bottom half of english championship level. Possible manipulation.

In that scenario his contract would probably expire without him retiring, then you'd be left with a Ronaldinho type situation where he doesn't play for anyone for a while before confirming retirement.

Wouldnt be until late May or early June but yes I agree.
  • Addicksfan
    3242 posts National Call-Up
    Would love to see it but given he hasn't retired unlikely to see anything until Fifa 19
  • ethnick
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    fifa 19 EoE Tevez <3
  • Knowlesdinho
    10089 posts Has That Special Something

His wages wont be cheap by argentine standards and he has only given them 3 goals in 8 games, which is basically bottom half of english championship level. Possible manipulation.

I read years ago that he was quite charitable with his wages, he might not be playing for as much as you think.
  • Whoman
    5306 posts Big Money Move

What the hell are you talking about ? This Statement is up there with “that flag looks weird. Moon landing must be fake“. Come back to planet reality.
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Doubt he'll retire, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the MLS
  • JBC03FC

I read years ago that he was quite charitable with his wages, he might not be playing for as much as you think.

I guess its all just a big mystery! spooky!
    Whoman wrote: »

What the hell are you talking about ? This Statement is up there with “that flag looks weird. Moon landing must be fake“. Come back to planet reality.

I think I was quite clear. Argentinian football does not have the same financial infrastructure as a lot of other countries with teams competing at high levels. Corruption in South American football is well documented.
    Allow me to go into more detail. If Boca have decided he is expensive for what he is bringing to the party, it is cheaper and quicker to get rid by gaining the fans support. Tevez doing something he shouldnt have done, playing 5s in a prison match, is obviously exactly that. Now, stay with me, focus! If he has not done anything wrong, yet there is media effort to state he has, who do you suppose is behind that effort? Who does it help?

If you are ignorant to manipulation and how a lot of the world works, that had nothing to do with tin foil hat bs.
  • VICTAAAA
    10757 posts Has That Special Something
    dylwms wrote: »
    Doubt he'll retire, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the MLS

I typically wouldn’t argue against MLS signing an aging superstar but the last few years of antics from Tevez would suggest his last payday was in China. Apparently he was hated by everybody in China to the point where the owner said he was a waste of money (some of the like, I’m paraphrasing).