OT: Headphones/Headset

B16Lad
522 posts An Exciting Prospect
I’ve been wanting to get a pair of noise cancelling headphones, something like the ones in the link below, I’m mainly wanting them for listening to music on holiday and noise cancelling for on the plane and my 1 year old! I noticed that some have a mic too so I’m presuming I’d be able to use them for the Xbox. Does anyone use headphones as a headset or a headset as headphones? If so which ones do you use? I don’t want to spend much cos I’ll not use them too much and don’t want anything that looks lairy or kiddy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mixcder-E7-Cancelling-Headphones-Comfortable-Black/dp/B077TRXYCN/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1522658408&sr=8-5&keywords=noise+cancelling+headphones

Comments

• Smudge
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    You get what you pay for
  • B16Lad
    Smudge wrote: »
    You get what you pay for

Seen quite a few reviews on the £40-£60 unknown branded ones that rate them not far behind the bigger brands that are 4x the price. If I was using them daily or for listening to high quality audio I’d be more willing to pay £200-£300 but that’s not what I’m after.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    B16Lad wrote: »
    You get what you pay for

Seen quite a few reviews on the £40-£60 unknown branded ones that rate them not far behind the bigger brands that are 4x the price. If I was using them daily or for listening to high quality audio I’d be more willing to pay £200-£300 but that’s not what I’m after.

The whathifi.co.uk reviews are very much worth considering. I for one use Sound Magic earphones for £25 and find them better than many £100+ headphones.
  • TimRUFC
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2018
    You can take the mic off most turtle beaches now and use them as headphones and they are really good quality, my son will be using them when we go away in September. Think mine were only £40 and are spot on
  • B16Lad
    You get what you pay for

The whathifi.co.uk reviews are very much worth considering. I for one use Sound Magic earphones for £25 and find them better than many £100+ headphones.

Will take a look, cheers
  • TimRUFC
    Turtle beach ear force XO ONE they are
  • B16Lad
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    You can take the mic off most turtle beaches now and use them as headphones and they are really good quality, my son will be using them when we go away in September. Think mine were only £40 and are spot on

Don’t suppose they’ll be noise cancelling at all will? I’ll do some digging into them, I just presumed the turtle beach type ones would be a fixed mic

• TimRUFC
    TimRUFC wrote: »

Don’t suppose they’ll be noise cancelling at all will? I’ll do some digging into them, I just presumed the turtle beach type ones would be a fixed mic

Pretty sure the are noise cancelling but not 100% but you can take the mic off deffo
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    I can recommend astro A50s if for Xbox. I believe they are noise cancelling and they are wireless.

For broader use I’d get something less “gamey” though. Wireless is always a plus btw
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    I’m using a pair of Denon AH-GC20. Maybe not ideal for gaming necessarily but they’re amazing nonetheless. Otherwise I’ll just use my iPhone headphones.