The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

90 Gullit v Prime Gullit

ha032742
35721 posts Moderator
edited April 2018
So I did the prime SBC the first day it was released and noticed early on that it was slightly stiffer when dribbling compared to the 90 that I had used for over 500 games but figured I’d give it more time.

As a trial I bought the 90 back today and played 10 with the prime and 10 with the 90 back to back...the 90 feels better when dribbling but otherwise the difference was minimal. I wouldn’t have expected a card to feel different due to a slight decrease in pace and agility but it just does.

Undecided whether to keep the 90 so far but just in case anyone wondered about the difference. Don’t get me wrong the prime is exceptional and actually has a better goal return than the 90 did but he’s just not as fun. You’ll be happy either way if you haven’t used him before but depending on your play style the 90 might be more suited to those who like dribbling.
Post edited by ha032742 on

Comments

• SupaNoodle1990
    26227 posts Player of the Year
    RIP prime owners
  • ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    RIP prime owners

:D

Like I said the prime is great just feels different when dribbling to the 90. I prefer the 90 myself.

FWIW I prefer prime R9 to the 94 I had for around 400-500 games mainly because of the left stick dribbling and his goal return is significantly better than I had with the 94.
  • VICTAAAA
    11007 posts Has That Special Something
    I haven’t noticed anything too much different between the cards. The 90 was obviously quicker but I think the prime is more technical and better on the ball.
  • ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator
    VICTAAAA wrote: »
    I haven’t noticed anything too much different between the cards. The 90 was obviously quicker but I think the prime is more technical and better on the ball.

He feels worse on the ball for me when in tight spaces but fine when running into space. I don’t really notice much of a pace difference just that the 90 feels smoother.
  • VICTAAAA
    ha032742 wrote: »

He feels worse on the ball for me when in tight spaces but fine when running into space. I don’t really notice much of a pace difference just that the 90 feels smoother.

I haven’t had much issue in my small sample size with the prime. I will say that I used the 90 at CAM and the prime is currently at RCM. I still have 91 Dinho at CAM and he’s not getting supplanted the rest of FUT.
  • ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator

I haven’t had much issue in my small sample size with the prime. I will say that I used the 90 at CAM and the prime is currently at RCM. I still have 91 Dinho at CAM and he’s not getting supplanted the rest of FUT.

I’ve played 89 games with the prime so far so I feel like I’ve given it a fair chance along with the 90 I had before and used for ages.
  • VICTAAAA

I’ve played 89 games with the prime so far so I feel like I’ve given it a fair chance along with the 90 I had before and used for ages.

That’s fair, I’m not here to argue with you guys. Just to stick up for the prime as a CM (RCM). I will say this, in just the 8 matches I’ve played he’s only got a single goal. :lol:
  • ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator

That’s fair, I’m not here to argue with you guys. Just to stick up for the prime as a CM (RCM). I will say this, in just the 8 matches I’ve played he’s only got a single goal. :lol:

No arguments here either :)

93 is great at CM I have to agree but when playing at CAM or if you rampage forward from a deep position the 90 feels better imo.
  • VICTAAAA
    edited April 2018

93 is great at CM I have to agree but when playing at CAM or if you rampage forward from a deep position the 90 feels better imo.

Sometimes I wish Dinho wasn’t as good as he is so I can try other cards. Then I go play a match and he makes me eat my words :lol:
  • DutyHarry
    5070 posts Big Money Move

Sometimes I wish Dinho wasn’t as good as he is so I can try other cards. Then I go play a match and he makes me eat my words :lol:

Damn, still hesitating between him and Gullit prime, he's my favorite player ever, but Gullit could be useful too.
  • VICTAAAA
    DutyHarry wrote: »

Damn, still hesitating between him and Gullit prime, he's my favorite player ever, but Gullit could be useful too.

I’ve only used 91 Dinho as I love him at CAM. The prime has tempted me several times and still sort of does but my wing play isn’t as strong as my midfield passing.

IMO if you’ve never used Ruud in any FUT you need to try the 90 before Dinho. I’ve been lucky to have Ruud in my teams for the last 3-4 FUTs and these iterations (90 and prime) are about as: fun, clinicial and technical as any card can get in FUT. he can literally do it all in the midfield.
  • DutyHarry
    edited April 2018

I’ve only used 91 Dinho as I love him at CAM. The prime has tempted me several times and still sort of does but my wing play isn’t as strong as my midfield passing.

IMO if you’ve never used Ruud in any FUT you need to try the 90 before Dinho. I’ve been lucky to have Ruud in my teams for the last 3-4 FUTs and these iterations (90 and prime) are about as: fun, clinicial and technical as any card can get in FUT. he can literally do it all in the midfield.

Nope I haven't, I tried the prime dinho on loan and loved it, and only the baby Gullit this year which was a bit of a let down, sold him after 4 games, guess I'll have to grind till 2 million coins. :D
  • ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator

Nope I haven't, only the baby this year which was a bit of a let down, sold him after 4 games, guess I'll have to grind till 2 million coins. :D

Get 90 Ruud imo...good value :+1:
  • DutyHarry

Nope I haven't, only the baby this year which was a bit of a let down, sold him after 4 games, guess I'll have to grind till 2 million coins. :D

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
  • ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator
    Agent VZ wrote: »

Will I get berated? :#
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    The 90 is so good, I just can't imagine his Prime being that much better.
    Not worth the upgrade imo.
  • ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    The 90 is so good, I just can't imagine his Prime being that much better.
    Not worth the upgrade imo.

Yeah can’t notice much difference except close dribbling.
  • Daveofwales01
    8390 posts League Winner
    I have used both now and feel like they are very similar but I prefer the prime myself, either way you won't be disappointed imo, I'd probably have bought the 90 but I did the prime for a lot less than he was at the time so I'm happy
  • Rand0m Hero
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    I think the shooting difference is noticeable and I feel like the Prime is usually in better positions. Not a drastic difference in either card but so far I prefer the prime.
  • SGLT
    6209 posts Big Money Move
    Good to see this when I’ve just got him to replace the baby version lol
  • MikeyP_FC
    13565 posts Has That Special Something
    I’d like to see you figure a way to put one of two randomly in your squad. Maybe play 20 games.

After each game you guess if it was 90 or 93. Curious to see your accuracy!

Thanks for the reviews
  • AIeks
    5031 posts Big Money Move
    Prime feels so much better than the 90. Seen so many complaints about the prime, but nothing wrong with mine whatsoever.

Try different chem styles.
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    What the hell are you going to do with the prime though if you keep the 90?
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional
    They feel pretty similar to me. You can't go wrong with either. Considering I used a lot of untradables for the prime it meant he cost me a significant amount less than the 90 would have
  • VICTAAAA

@DutyHarry get the 90 and try him in all formations and all central positions. I don’t even acknowledge there’s an 86 Gullit card. :lol: