90s Mexico Fans?

Irreverant1_
370 posts Sunday League Hero
I wish we had some good Mexican Icons for next FIFA... I was a huge fan of Alberto Garcia Aspe, Duilio Davino, Claudio Suarez, Marcelino Bernal, Hugo Sanchez! Don’t you wish they were all in the same game! Even for whatever country you are from...more Icons to go with your favorite and it would add more diversity to teams you go against as well, but for me Aspe was a legend! Amazing midfielder!

Comments

• mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Jorge Campos was entertaining! :smiley:
  • Ledesale
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    I really wish I could have been around to see some of these players in their prime, by the time I was of age to actually appreciate the game most of these players were either retired or on the back end of their careers.
  • jbunnerz
    1287 posts Professional
    Don't even know if he was good but watching Cuauhtémoc Blanco as a 7 year old at WC 98 is what really got me into football. That flick over his head was amazing
  • Dawud
    15660 posts World Class
    How is Luis Hernandez an icon tho
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Dawud wrote: »

I have never seen him play, or atleast don't remember. Don't wanna sound disrespectful but that is some Icon there! :joy:
  • Irreverant1_
    mHazard wrote: »

I have never seen him play, or atleast don't remember. Don't wanna sound disrespectful but that is some Icon there! :joy:

Luis Hernandez is actually a legend. Most goals scored for a Mexican player in a WC. Watch his highlights, the guy was OP for his time! Beast even against an OP Brazilian team in the 90s.
  • Hive
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No offense, but I could easily list 50+ guys more deserving of being Icons in FIFA than the Mexicans mentioned in this thread.
  • Irreverant1_
    Hive wrote: »
    No offense, but I could easily list 50+ guys more deserving of being Icons in FIFA than the Mexicans mentioned in this thread.

No offense taken, but I guess you didn’t get the subject of the thread lol Mexico fans... I could have named Cruyff, Zidane, Seedorf, etc etc but...
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Sunday League Hero
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Irreverant1_
    elwrecko wrote: »
    Yes Aspe and Blanco skill move that was some outrageous stuff everyone was trying it the next day

True! Blanco was a beast too! He looked slow but he wasn’t...and had a powerful shot.
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Wasn't even born then but I want more mexican legends
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hive wrote: »

Okocha being an icon annoys me for this reason. There have been 100's of better players. I suppose the term 'icon' is vague enough that they can be an icon in their country and ea can include them to boost sales even if they werent world class players.