Possible red card bug?

PirateW
123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if there's a specific reason for it, but on more than one occasion I've had a player supended for two matches.
I've noticed that sometimes, after I've committed a bad foul and the referee plays on, it can be a while before the ball goes out of play. When there is a stoppage, I don't get the animation showing the referee producing a red card but next to my team name at the score, 2 red cards appeared.
I checked the match report and saw I had one red card given and a player sent off, not 2 as suggested by the red card indicator.

For next 2 matches the player was unavailable for selection with the red card icon, so he was suspended for 2 games.

How does the game decide if a red card is worth 2 red cards for the display and worth 2 suspensions? It is not every 2nd yellow card, just rarely. Has anyone else experienced this and is it intentional or a bug?

Comments

• DukeAgain
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    happens all the time,after the game ends and I go to my squad it says the player is suspended for 1 match. after 1 match the player is still suspended.
  • PirateW
    Any idea why? It's not every red card, and it's not every double yellow card. It seems random and it messes up plans with squad rotation whereby that player plays one misses one anyway.
  • DukeAgain
    not sure why,could be the player has already had a yellow,the second foul instead of a yellow then red just is a straight red. I think the game is getting confused and classing it as 2 reds. Cant remember if it happened in FIFA 17.
  • PapaJay
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DukeAgain wrote: »
    not sure why,could be the player has already had a yellow,the second foul instead of a yellow then red just is a straight red. I think the game is getting confused and classing it as 2 reds. Cant remember if it happened in FIFA 17.

Did you make your opponent rage quit while that red card player was in your reserves?

A red card always shows 2 in the match, its a visual bug,
    believe the other is your opponent rage quitting and not clearing your red carded player
  • PirateW
    PapaJay wrote: »

Did you make your opponent rage quit while that red card player was in your reserves?

believe the other is your opponent rage quitting and not clearing your red carded player
    Occurs during squad battles so still has 2nd match suspension after fully completing 90 minutes against cpu.
  • PapaJay
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Must be SB bug then too, i noticed the red stays if my opponent rage wuit
  • DukeAgain
    PapaJay wrote: »

It happens playing friendly seasons against my mate,no rage quitting just rage tackles,had it happen to both of us in one game last night, we do play dirty and try and injure each other intentionally.