Kaka unappreciation thread

Hippyboy6
16837 posts World Class
I was so looking forward to using him, his stats look superb but he just doesn't live up to them. He has flashes of brilliance but most of the game seems to pass him by, dropping to CDM doesn't help. Also the quick sub suggestion every time the ball goes out of play in the second half is annoying.

I think he's going into the Crespo SBC, I've got Florenzi & Kaka doesn't even come close to him....... Sad state of affairs where Lozano is a far more effective super sub than 92 rated Kaka :neutral:

Comments

• LORDarchibald
    99 posts Park Captain
  • McRaven
    3718 posts National Call-Up
    He's already gone in the Gullit SBC. Saved me a 100k. Too bad though as he was one of my favorite players irl, but just couldn't get the best out of him and he didn't play as he used to be during his prime. He just looked like Kaka. Had great finishing though.
  • Hippyboy6
    16837 posts World Class
    McRaven wrote: »
    He's already gone in the Gullit SBC. Saved me a 100k. Too bad though as he was one of my favorite players irl, but just couldn't get the best out of him and he didn't play as he used to be during his prime. He just looked like Kaka. Had great finishing though.

It is gutting. On the plus side, I'm glad I took your Florenzi advice....... He's incredible
  • Lokoplovdiv
    473 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gone in base icon sbs :smiley:
  • McRaven
    3718 posts National Call-Up
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    McRaven wrote: »

It is gutting. On the plus side, I'm glad I took your Florenzi advice....... He's incredible

Yeah, real shame. He was so good in his prime, really wanted a card like that.

Glad he's working out for you! Going to buy him back as soon as I've finished Gullit and got the coins. Florenzi had such a presence in midfield, really miss him.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25970 posts Player of the Year
    He’s not as good as I wanted him to be, but he’s still staying in my team for the rest of the year.
  • n2j2000
    1997 posts Fans' Favourite
    Going in a SBC, not enjoying him in-game at all.
  • ha032742
    34449 posts Moderator
    Going into Pele SBC soon hopefully along with Rooney :*
  • WFCBagnall
    67128 posts Moderator
    He'll be going into an sbc on Thursday.
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    Yup I don’t like him at all either dunno what it is. Going into prime Maldini.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    He’s pretty good imo?
  • S-Dog
    2299 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's really poor
  • coatsy
    He’s best as a CAM in 41212
  • Hippyboy6
    16837 posts World Class
    coatsy2008 wrote: »

That's where I'm using him, just not working at all
  • coatsy

How are you trying to use him?
  • Millsy89
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've got him CCAM in 4231, figured that would be the best way to protect his stamina and have plenty of options to unleash his passing range.

Sadly, he just seems a bit lacklustre and wildly inconsistent. It's like his IGs are actually 10 less than what they say - Still good, but not elite like they appear to be.
  • Hippyboy6
    16837 posts World Class

I guess I was trying to use him like Mahrez in my other team. They both have a quick striker & a bigger striker in front of them. I try to mix it up between holding up the ball then playing a forward through, a first time pass or a long shot/dribble if the space opens up. I thought they'd be similar players, smooth dribbling & good long shots...... Mahrez has twice as many goals & 3 times the assists from 10 games each.
  • coatsy

I guess I was trying to use him like Mahrez in my other team. They both have a quick striker & a bigger striker in front of them. I try to mix it up between holding up the ball then playing a forward through, a first time pass or a long shot/dribble if the space opens up. I thought they'd be similar players, smooth dribbling & good long shots...... Mahrez has twice as many goals & 3 times the assists from 10 games each.

Try a more 1-2 based game with him.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25970 posts Player of the Year

Try a more 1-2 based game with him.

It hurts that I can’t recreate his bursting runs forward :cry:

But I agree, 1-2 build up is the best way to use him.
  • CovLee_Candice
    3956 posts National Call-Up
    If only he have 70 stamina and 85 balance he will be my main CF. Too bad EA ruined him and pirlo. Eoe pirlo and kaka can outperfoem low tier icon in this game.
  • Jfo88
    22542 posts Club Captain
    He is ok. Definitely doesn't feel 92 rated tho.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    Beginning to really get a feel for him at ST in a 4411. Honestly find him best here leading the attack. He often drops back or holds up play very very well. But I also find him making runs in behind and or out wide to help my wingers. Normally my ST is pretty stagnant but Kaka is everywhere. Positining is superb, but most of all it's his passing for me.

I definitely encourage you fellas give him a chance
  • Primal
    3832 posts National Call-Up
    he's ok but won't get into my team even with engine his dribbling is a lie.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    He’s captain invisible in my team. The only time I notice him is when he’s too slow/tired to run anywhere.

Bench he goes!
  • jpsblue
    3588 posts National Call-Up
    i initially enjoyed him in SB however he was non existent in WL last week

gonna use him in R9 SBC
  • Färjestad
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    He is really good. Trio of Dinho, Kaka and Gullit and he dosen't feel out of place at all.
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    @yerwaltz used him quite well against me. I’ve got him, but not used him yet.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    I also had issues with him, doesn't seem to move smothly. He's very clunky. I used big guys like Suarez, CR7, Kane and none felt so sluggish.

I would put it in an SBC, but I don't want to get another former Milan player untradeable.
  • Realist
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    I play him up top. Had issues similar to others at cam where he dropped too deep. Really polarising for me at the mo. Averages a goal a game but frustrates the hell outta me at times. His passing can be so inconsistent but his finesse shots are some of the best I’ve seen with any player I’ve used this year. Every time I think about benching him he has a worldie so he stays a bit longer. I don’t dislike the card but I think he’ll be on the bench come tots. No regrets in doing him tho whatsoever.
  • CraigB85
    1713 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only used him in a couple of SB games so far as CAM in 352 but man is he afraid of going forward!

To be fair I've not amended CT so I'll try that but that aside he seems quite stecky and it doesn't take much power for his shots to really leave the ground!

Definitely feeling underwhelmed so far