4427 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks for the heads up, even though I only have 150k
  • jonasc21
    77 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I feel I have wasted 3+ million coins
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    jonasc21 wrote: »
    If any of you guys consider doing the R9 SBC, don't!
    After having played 544 games with the 94 and 87 games with the 96 I can tell you that the 94 is so much better.

I've seen a lot of the pros hate on him as well and I really agree.
    So disappointed, just want the 94 back tbh.
    Are any of you guys that did the R9 SBC actually satisfied with him?

I was gonna do the sbc, but I wanted to try the loan first. Because the loan was at 100k I bought the 94 tradable version. After reading all the reviews it’s the best decision made. I don’t even think the 94 version is worth the coins tbh
  • jonasc21
    77 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    After having played 544 games with the 94 and 87 games with the 96 I can tell you that the 94 is so much better.

I was gonna do the sbc, but I wanted to try the loan first. Because the loan was at 100k I bought the 94 tradable version. After reading all the reviews it’s the best decision made. I don’t even think the 94 version is worth the coins tbh

I loved the 94 he was like a cheat code but the 96 is so disappointing.
    Be patient with the 94 and he will be a god for you, don't even consider the 96 SBC.
  • Blkmagik
    7 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2018
    Prime R9 is the BEST striker I’ve used in all of Fifa. Over the weekend the gameplay was awful and generally everything just felt awful, but today omg he’s been amazingly fantastically brilliant
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5215 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    The problem is the 96 is missing the “tries to beat defensive line” trait (see sbcgate). So he doesn’t make runs like the 94 does.

If you have already done the 96 sbc. The best advice is to use a two striker formation and use him as a target man with another striker on get in behind. Obviously you don’t want to use R9 that way. But he is not as advertised unfortunately.
  • ha032742
    35203 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018

Don’t worry Kurt aka “the best FIFA player in the world” scored 4 with him past Gorilla earlier this evening, who’s R94 didn’t get a sniff.

@Pocketsquareguy no issues with his runs and I had the 94 for over 500 games too.

They’re just different types of players due to the player model they each have :)
  • With the baby icon sbc it was a no brainer. I gained vieira, blanc & ronaldinho including prime R9 all for way under 3 mil.
  • JED_JD
    1572 posts Fans' Favourite
    Does ronaldo really do thaaaaaat much more than jesus does though?
  • abbey621
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've played 80 games with the 96 version and he has 105 goals so far, I played over 400 games with the 94 version and I can tell you there is NO DIFFERENCE, both are clinical. I would say this, when i comes to EA's laggy servers, even Ronaldo can become worse than bronze players.
  • ha032742
    35203 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018
    JED_JD wrote: »
    Does ronaldo really do thaaaaaat much more than jesus does though?

Probably not to the extent of 3.5m difference in cost but I didn’t get FIFA 18 to use NIF Jesus all year. Higher rated players generally are more clinical in competitive/close games though.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    ha032742 wrote: »

Don’t worry Kurt aka “the best FIFA player in the world” scored 4 using him past Gorilla, who’s R94 didn’t get a sniff.

@Pocketsquareguy no issues with his runs and I had the 94 for over 500 games too.

They’re just different types of players due to the player models they each have :)

Not sure it’s the body type. Pretty sure it’s the missing trait. One would think the fattest version of ronaldo (94) would not be more aggressive and make more runs at the back line than prime ronaldo.
  • ha032742
    35203 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018

Don’t worry Kurt aka “the best FIFA player in the world” scored 4 using him past Gorilla, who’s R94 didn’t get a sniff.

They’re just different types of players due to the player models they each have :)

Not sure it’s the body type. Pretty sure it’s the missing trait. One would think the fattest version of ronaldo (94) would not be more aggressive and make more runs at the back line than prime ronaldo.

There’s no issues with his runs so far for me like I said. You maybe feel it’s due to him missing a trait but equally we don’t know for sure that’s the case due to EA’s lack of communication on the subject. Say it does get proven that the trait is there but doesn’t appear due to a visual glitch...what would you blame next :p

EDIT: The body type comment wasn’t aimed at you btw. I was pointing out you may prefer the 94 due to the stockier player model or the 96’s slimmer one which makes him more agile...it’s down to personal preference.
  • BigBuffalo
    1044 posts Professional
    Blkmagik wrote: »
    Prime R9 is the BEST striker I’ve used in all of Fifa. Over the weekend the gameplay was awful and generally everything just felt awful, but today omg he’s been amazingly fantastically brilliant

I agree, I did him on the weekend and at first I was like damn what have I done, cos he wasn't doing much, but I added 'get in behind' & 'stay central' to his instructions and wow is he worth the money
  • Pocketsquareguy
    I would continue to blame EA obviously. I expect that if they say “the trait is there” they will add it in and he will perform better. That said the next thing I look at would be his higher defensive work rate.
  • CeeQue
    10979 posts Has That Special Something
    Larsson is still banging them in for me so no reason for me.
  • ha032742
    35203 posts Moderator
    I would continue to blame EA obviously. I expect that if they say “the trait is there” they will add it in and he will perform better. That said the next thing I look at would be his higher defensive work rate.

This is exactly what I expect the majority who are hating the prime will do :joy:
  • HysxteriA
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    Come up against him 3x and literally does nothing all game unless he is put through specifically on goal with the ball at his feet. Off it is where he suffers simply due to his work rate and aggression. No rating or hype can fix that. I'd take Ronaldo, Dinho or any player with H/M H/L workrates over him for the amount of coins he costs you could get someone who would be more effective off the ball imo. On it nobody comes close. Depends on your play style I guess.
  • Pocketsquareguy

This is exactly what I expect the majority who are hating the prime will do :joy:

For the record I don’t hate the prime. I just don’t think he is worth the coin and I think he is worse than the 94. He is still an elite striker. But he is a false 9, hold up player.
  • Pocketsquareguy

Don’t worry Kurt aka “the best FIFA player in the world” scored 4 with him past Gorilla earlier this evening, who’s R94 didn’t get a sniff.

They’re just different types of players due to the player model they each have :)

There was a really interesting part of the stream. Gorilla was going through his friends list of other pros looking at 96 r9 scoring record. Other than Kurt they were all around 1 goal a game. Whereas the guys with the 94 were around 1.5+ (which is the scoring record most of the other guys had with the 94 before upgrading). When I see pro players averaging a goal a game with prime r9 I see a problem. Especially when some had close to 2pg with the 94.
  • ha032742
    35203 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018

There was a really interesting part of the stream. Gorilla was going through his friends list of other pros looking at 96 r9 scoring record. Other than Kurt they were all around 1 goal a game. Whereas the guys with the 94 were around 1.5+ (which is the scoring record most of the other guys had with the 94 before upgrading). When I see pro players averaging a goal a game with prime r9 I see a problem. Especially when some had close to 2pg with the 94.

Except that was when a lot of people hadn’t bought a super midfield/defence. Now virtually everyone I come up against in division 1 has an icon midfield/defence etc.
    Post edited by ha032742 on
  • Djkhalid1921
    9284 posts League Winner
    byronw1983 wrote: »

I loved the 94 he was like a cheat code but the 96 is so disappointing.
    Be patient with the 94 and he will be a god for you, don't even consider the 96 SBC.

Thanks but I really like the 96 and I'm glad to have done the sbc :)
  • Ghenghis
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think the 96 is amazing, heading, dribbling, speed, acceleration, strength, shot, the guy doesn't have a weakness imo other than maybe stamina. I haven't used the 94 but he must be something else to be better than the prime.
  • BigBuffalo
    1044 posts Professional
    A bad workman always blames his tools
  • Joe
    4585 posts National Call-Up
    Never used the 94, he's awesome and cost me less than the 94, would do again.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    BigBuffalo wrote: »

Yeah. I definitely forgot how to play the game in the two hours between changing from the 94 to 96 r9. Makes total sense.
  • ha032742
    35203 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018
    BigBuffalo wrote: »

Yeah. I definitely forgot how to play the game in the two hours between changing from the 94 to 96 r9. Makes total sense.

Give it time...they’re not the same card so you have to get used to the nuances of the 96.
  • nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    The problem is the 96 is missing the “tries to beat defensive line” trait (see sbcgate). So he doesn’t make runs like the 94 does.

If you have already done the 96 sbc. The best advice is to use a two striker formation and use him as a target man with another striker on get in behind. Obviously you don’t want to use R9 that way. But he is not as advertised unfortunately.
    Lol, the 94 DOESNT HAVE THIS TRAIT, even in the database. Placebo effect says hi.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Did the 96 prime for 2.5, I'll take that. He's a much better dribbler than the 94 imo

• Pocketsquareguy
    edited March 2018
    nope123 wrote: »

Lol, the 94 DOESNT HAVE THIS TRAIT, even in the database. Placebo effect says hi.

You must not have been following all the sbc stuff. The database/ Game is all messed up. Look at some of the other icons. So many of them have traits listed they don’t have in game. And many have missing traits in the database. 94 r9 has tries to beat defensive line in game but not in the data base. 96 has it in the database but not in the game. There are tons of other ones as well.