Do you regret doing your SBC players?

Mr_Dudes_x
25 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited March 2018
Cos I do! I have hamsik, rijkaard, costa and larsson. According to futbin, if I wouldn’t have done the sbcs I’d have around 2.2 million coins. It’s my
Own fault really, but I regret it more than anything. Larsson is ten a penny, he scores a lot of goals but I’m not a fan of his dribbling or his finishing at times. I like rui costa, hamsik and rijkaard however rui costa is ten a penny now (reus, felipe Anderson, lanzini) are all pacey CAMS who would give a very similar output. Oh yeah, and rui Costa’s finishing honestly sucks. Rijkaard is pretty good but I don’t get on with his low balance. But yeah, lesson learnt for next year. I genuinely believe apart from a select few, TOTS will bring so many cheaper and better alternatives to these icons... for like 10x less in price. Love the icons for the links though in fairness.

Comments

• dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    Hell no, that's why I have standards, unlike all those people who have done prime shearer :D

no but seriously I don't, Hernandez, larsson, petit and Giovinco are all expecting crespo to come to my club
  • Mr_Dudes_x
    dylanmx wrote: »
    Hell no, that's why I have standards, unlike all those people who have done prime shearer :D

no but seriously I don't, Hernandez, larsson, petit and Giovinco are all expecting crespo to come to my club

How is larsson for you?? He misses some really easy shots for me to say he has insane finishing and his first touch isn’t great
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have 8 untradables in my starting 11 and about a million invested in EPL and La Iiga SBC. If I could turn the clock back, I wouldn’t have done 5 base icons. Although saying that, the pulls were decent. 3 made it into the starting 11.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9690 posts League Winner
    i only did the ones that i knew id want for the end of the game: R9, dinhio, ferdinand, and gullit
  • Mr_Dudes_x
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    I have 8 untradables in my starting 11 and about a million invested in EPL and La Iiga SBC. If I could turn the clock back, I wouldn’t have done 5 base icons. Although saying that, the pulls were decent. 3 made it into the starting 11.

That’s decent. Knowing my luck I’d get baby schmeical. And same I’ve invested a lot for the league sbcs, ea are taking the p*** to drop them now.
  • Gorda
    3609 posts National Call-Up
    Regreted schmeicel but i used him in bergkamp Sbc so No big deal. All other icons i Done i am happy with.
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Mr_Dudes_x wrote: »
    dylanmx wrote: »

How is larsson for you?? He misses some really easy shots for me to say he has insane finishing and his first touch isn’t great

@Mr_Dudes_x amazing player, I don't play that much fifa anymore but 57 games and 64 goals, about 20 or 30 assists but I don't know since it doesn't say on the phone app
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mr_Dudes_x wrote: »
    byronw1983 wrote: »

That’s decent. Knowing my luck I’d get baby schmeical. And same I’ve invested a lot for the league sbcs, ea are taking the p*** to drop them now.

I was lucky enough to dodge the horrendous ones, and didn’t hit any keepers. I kept expecting the Russian or Nigerian flag.

I’m hoping they drop them Friday, it’s nearly April, I’ve got so many players in my club it’s a ball ache
  • I only did Prime Larsson and Birthday Rooney and I love them both.

Larsson especially is an Elite Striker.
    Only downside is his 3* skills and average Dribbling.

Everything else is perfect.
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    nah but ive only done Futbday Rooney (which was such value for coin) and SBC Promes (great super sub and my pack luck made it less than 90k)
  • DadBod
    6363 posts Big Money Move
    I only did prime ronaldinho sbc....

No ragrets
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14409 posts World Class
    Promes
    Larsson
    Rijkaard

Regret none of them
  • Goldenbowles
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I regret buying FIFA18!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Sunday League Hero
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • YES!!!! what a waste. i have done all the advanced sbc's and matchups. i literally got nothing. This is why i would never and I repeat NEVER would spend real money in packs.
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Regret doing Cavani only, too hard to link up. Maybe when TOTS drops there could be decent french league players.

Rui, Rio, Hernandez and Petit, don’t regret one bit and all in my first 11.
  • Jezzaaa
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ferdinand and overmars... no regrets at all
  • Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    Prime Larsson - no regrets
    87 Del P from sbc - no regrets
    POTM Salah - partially regret, but he worked for my formation back then so guess its 50/50
    Prime Costa - again, now i regret, but he did good back when my team was lesser.
    Futmas Alessandrini - no regrets
    PTG higuain, PTG Sterling - Guess i got caught in the PTG hype, but i love Higuain as a sub when i need to hold up play and control, Sterling i could do without, but guess he was cheap enough.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5900 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    SBC Quaresma - Nope, amazing card, lots of fun to use even if his next special beats the SBC card I spent a lot of coins on.

FUTMAS Meunier- Nope, incredible CM

FUTMAS Muriel- Yeah, rots on my bench, rarely plays, waste of coins when there's already an IF as good as that card.

FUTMAS Berardi- Yeah, rots on my bench as well, not a great card, looks good but doesn't feel great in game.

Pirlo- Stamina, dumped him into an icon SBC

Crespo- Not a fan of his work rates, M/L is the devil, but I enjoy using him when he's on the ball, one of the best strikers I've used, just wish he had better work rates, would sell my soul to be able to change work rates, Crespo with H/M would be unstoppable.

Kaka- Nice card, lots of fun to use, stamina makes him impossible to get the most out of for 90 minutes so throw him on as a late sub

Birthday Van Persie- Woeful card, both in ST and CAM, tried him and unless you cut in and just finesse it, he's a terrible card to use, turns like a bus, slow dribbling, passing is average and not very fun to use. I loved the old RvP cards, this one was nothing like those :(

Birthday Basti- Awful card, regret getting him, no stamina, even as a deep player, he's dead pretty quickly, dumped him into a SBC

PTG Rigoni- Regret, 1 upgrade, has done nothing since, rots in my club

EDIT: Also have POTM ST Salah, love him, worth the coins, one of the best cards I've ever used.

Sticking to players that will fit my team in future and have good work rates, stamina and terrible work rates ruin players for me.
    Post edited by I SiR MartY I on
  • Lackosweat
    7642 posts League Winner
    SBC Quaresma - Nope, amazing card, lots of fun to use even if his next special beats the SBC card I spent a lot of coins on.

FUTMAS Muriel- Yeah, rots on my bench, rarely plays, waste of coins when there's already an IF as good as that card.

FUTMAS Berardi- Yeah, rots on my bench as well, not a great card, looks good but doesn't feel great in game.

Crespo- Not a fan of his work rates, M/L is the devil, but I enjoy using him when he's on the ball, one of the best strikers I've used, just wish he had better work rates, would sell my soul to be able to change work rates, Crespo with H/M would be unstoppable.

Kaka- Nice card, lots of fun to use, stamina makes him impossible to get the most out of for 90 minutes so throw him on as a late sub

Birthday Van Persie- Woeful card, both in ST and CAM, tried him and unless you cut in and just finesse it, he's a terrible card to use, turns like a bus, slow dribbling, passing is average and not very fun to use. I loved the old RvP cards, this one was nothing like those :(

Birthday Basti- Awful card, regret getting him, no stamina, even as a deep player, he's dead pretty quickly, dumped him into a SBC

Sticking to players that will fit my team in future and have good work rates, stamina and terrible work rates ruin players for me.

Ffs FB Bastian was free. You regret what ?
  • I SiR MartY I
    Lackosweat wrote: »

Wasting an Irish card on him that I could have used for Rooney/Toure. That's my regret, sorry if I wasn't clear.

Rooney's card looks incredible and I'm gutted I missed out on having it.
  • Magoder
    592 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2018
    88 Schweinsteiger - high rated fodder for free

90 Rooney - relatively cheap so for that reason no regrets. Hasn't been amazing though, I must admit. It may be my formation; using him mainly as RST (False 9) in a 442. Versatile player though and I'll give him a few more runs in D1/WL sub.

EOAE Pirlo - favourite player in real life so certainly no regrets. Stamina sucks but his passing is on another level.

PTG Rigoni - completed him with untradables, thought he'd get a few more IFs. Was used in the PTG untradable SBC and pulled 89 Thiago (great Icon SBC fodder) so no regrets.

SBC Promes - certainly no regrets here. Cost me 30k overall from scratch after selling all contents from the packs and didn't pull anything of note. He's incredible. Integral to a team that has finished Elite twice this month, mainly at RM in 442 and CAM/ST in 41212(2) sporadically. One of my favourite cards and his TOTS will be making my final team at RM if it's better than this card.

Currently in the process of completing Prime Gullit who will be central to my team for the rest of FIFA.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional

Wasting an Irish card on him that I could have used for Rooney/Toure. That's my regret, sorry if I wasn't clear.

once you got rvp then you had no chance of getting Rooney or Toure
  • Patrick87
    7 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2018
    No regret
    Prime Larsson, Prime Costa, Prime Petit and Prime Ferdinand- No regret, best ever decision made.

Cavani- No regret, but didn't use him nowadays since i got Prime Larsson and 89 MVB.
    Thiago- No regret, link up well with my team.
    Hamsik- Good.

Gignac, Al soma, Younes, Giovinco, Queresma, Moore, Promes, Casillas- Not regret. Earn some packs during doing the sbc, didn't play all them often as very hard to link everyone else.

Zlatan Futmas- A little bit regret, doesn't suit my playing style but is okay since i like him very much, use him for prime R9.
    Munier Futmas- No regret.

Pirlo, Bastian, Van persie- No regret since it's free. I use it for R9 Prime.

Regret
    POTM Salah 89, later use it for 92. Regret it twice, i don't know why, i just don't know how to use him. My Willian 84 is better than him. The weaker foot is also a reason.
    Post edited by Patrick87 on
  • I SiR MartY I
    Parth12008 wrote: »

I know, I figured that AFTER I done the first two :joy: I'm an idiot and regret getting those two and missing out on Rooney.
  • Safehands84
    4061 posts National Call-Up
    Yes. I’ve not gone overboard done all the league sbc minus japan, 1 base icon , prime Schmichel few ptg and 4 futmas. Only Schmichel plays and I wouldn’t notice any difference between him and a standard keeper. None one else plays. Few get on my bench but that’s it
  • Safehands84
    4061 posts National Call-Up
    Yes. I’ve not gone overboard done all the league sbc minus japan, 1 base icon , prime Schmichel few ptg and 4 futmas. Only Schmichel plays and I wouldn’t notice any difference between him and a standard keeper. None one else plays. Few get on my bench but that’s it

Only ones I don’t regret are RVP and Schweinsteiger because they were basically free
  • Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    Parth12008 wrote: »

I know, I figured that AFTER I done the first two :joy: I'm an idiot and regret getting those two and missing out on Rooney.

I did do RVP and scweini also, with sole purpose of reducing cost of icon sbc for free :)
  • nj10
    2200 posts Fans' Favourite
    I did 11 base icons most will be fodder for r9 gullit and maldini if I have enough coins

I regret a couple of the futmas cards though

I have generally broken even from league sbcs so I don't mind using Thiago as fodder as well.

Overall I don't regret my untradeables

My untradeable midfield is pirlo, kaka, Rui costa rijkaard ptg sterling, ptg firmino, base dinho, ptg willian and base Henry so I won't have to buy a midfielder ever again haha
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Sunday League Hero
    The user and all related content has been deleted.