Any chance of a mid-tier icon upgrade? And what would it cost?

smcali23
1249 posts Professional
EA probably made a killing off of the base icon upgrade. Imagine a mid-tier one? There are probably just as many desirable/non desirable cards in that range, so I'm sure it would work out for them. But how much do you reckon it would set us back?

Comments

• TurdFerguson
    2597 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't see it happening tbh, but then again I didn't really see the base icon sbc coming out either. If it did come out, I'm guessing it would be in 600-750k range, but I really just cant see them doing it.
  • smcali23
    1249 posts Professional
    I don't see it happening tbh, but then again I didn't really see the base icon sbc coming out either. If it did come out, I'm guessing it would be in 600-750k range, but I really just cant see them doing it.

I mena, you're probably right. But I could see them making a killing on it. There are enough trash mid-tier icons for them to make it work. And at about 600k it might be worth a punt.
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    I hope not. Market is already drained as it is and the poor (me) need the 83-86 to cost less
  • Darfi02
    3523 posts National Call-Up
    It's a possibility around TOTS or further towards the end of the game. Maybe an 85, 86, 87 and 88 team requirement or perhaps 3 of those. Another possibilty is it could require a base icon to do who knows EA do what they want (usually whatever that is, is money driven).
  • Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    smcali23 wrote: »
    EA probably made a killing off of the base icon upgrade. Imagine a mid-tier one? There are probably just as many desirable/non desirable cards in that range, so I'm sure it would work out for them. But how much do you reckon it would set us back?

i dont get how they made a killing, they took coins not money
  • smcali23 wrote: »

i dont get how they made a killing, they took coins not money

Quickest way to replenish coins is to open packs with money

• zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    can easily see them doing this. especially if the avg cost is like <= 750k or so. everyone chasing mid Ronaldo/Dinho/Gullit
  • smcali23
    1249 posts Professional
    can easily see them doing this. especially if the avg cost is like <= 750k or so. everyone chasing mid Ronaldo/Dinho/Gullit

Exactly this... and 90% of people pulling Laudrup, Zanetti and Schmeichel.
    Darfi02 wrote: »
    It's a possibility around TOTS or further towards the end of the game. Maybe an 85, 86, 87 and 88 team requirement or perhaps 3 of those. Another possibilty is it could require a base icon to do who knows EA do what they want (usually whatever that is, is money driven).

It’s easy money for them. Buy fp to make up the deficit, open packs, and probably end up with a player worth less than you put in. Only way I can see it being attractive is if the requirements are relatively low. If a base icon cost 250-280 thousand I can’t see this costing more than 500-550 thousand.