The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

OT: Excessive sweating

Andy99TradeZ
15245 posts World Class
I've found that for the last few years I seem to sweat quite badly from the armpits no matter how warm/cold the weather is.

Recently became more self conscious about it and now never go out in a t-shirt by itself because the obvious patches can be kinda embarrassing.

Was looking at this https://www.sweatguard.co.uk/best-antiperspirant.asp as a potential option but unsure.

Anybody else had a similar issue and what have you used to help it?

Cheers.

Comments

• KingLionel10
    15185 posts World Class
    Drink some VS imo Andrew
  • LFC Simon 98
    19198 posts World Class
    Shave those pits fam
  • LFC Simon 98
    19198 posts World Class
    Drink some VS imo Andrew

Or this tbh
  • WFCBagnall
    75747 posts Moderator
    Drink some VS imo Andrew

@Uberman656
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    Seems that you have some thyroid issues , get some full blood work . Have you spoken to a doctor ?
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Shave your arm pits.

Drink atleast 1.5 litre of water ever day.

Sweat is basically your body letting you know it's over heating. Therefor it releases sweat to cool you down.
  • Fab
    19450 posts World Class
    coffee always made my armpits go crazy so now i dont drink coffee maybe u drink coffee if u do u should not drink coffee for a bit and if u dont then i cant help sorry
  • MisterJV
    Blarix wrote: »
    Shave your arm pits.

Sweat is basically your body letting you know it's over heating. Therefor it releases sweat to cool you down.

no , It's something else . The man has been suffering for years .. He needs to get some lab work ASAP
  • hindy24
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    i suffer from this but its worse on 1 side bizzarrely... Ive tried various anti perspirants including doctor prescribed. I think what basically makes them more potent is the amount of aluminium contained. I tried Driclor which u put on at night and wash off in the morning but my god the skin irritation it caused was unreal so i stopped.

But yeah man it sucks and i feel ur pain :/ . The WL stressing last year made my right pit go mental lol
  • Libguy
    5285 posts Big Money Move
    Well you should obviously try an antiperspirant since that's what it's sort of made to do. Sweating can be a side effect of many medications too.

Though just to warn you about antiperspirant: I usually use regular deodorant, but I bought an antiperspirant by accident once five or six years ago. It definitely stops your arm pits from sweating, but I started noticing that I'd get these weird trickles of sweat running down my side on the way to work. I think that, if you block the sweat from coming out of your armpits, it's still got to go somewhere.
  • Rb10119
    2357 posts Fans' Favourite
    My armpits sweat during fut champs :lol:
  • ha032742
    36430 posts Moderator
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/excessive-sweating-hyperhidrosis/

Not sure how bad it is in your case but I’ve seen botox be very effective when people have had it for the same problem and medication etc. hasn’t worked.
  • Fab
    19450 posts World Class
    Libguy wrote: »
    Well you should obviously try an antiperspirant since that's what it's sort of made to do. Sweating can be a side effect of many medications too.

Though just to warn you about antiperspirant: I usually use regular deodorant, but I bought an antiperspirant by accident once five or six years ago. It definitely stops your arm pits from sweating, but I started noticing that I'd get these weird trickles of sweat running down my side on the way to work. I think that, if you block the sweat from coming out of your armpits, it's still got to go somewhere.

what if u cover ur body in it
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    MisterJV wrote: »
    Shave your arm pits.

no , It's something else . The man has been suffering for years .. He needs to get some lab work ASAP

Not always. Sometimes it's simple lifestyle change such as better sleep,drinking more water and cutting out coffee/fizzy drinks. Not everything is serious specially when its only his arm pits and not his whole body.
  • ha032742
    36430 posts Moderator
    Fab wrote: »

Then you would die.
  • Libguy
    Fab wrote: »

Pretty sure you explode and all that's left is a big puddle of sweat and gore.
  • Legegg
    1056 posts Professional
    hindy24 wrote: »
    i suffer from this but its worse on 1 side bizzarrely... Ive tried various anti perspirants including doctor prescribed. I think what basically makes them more potent is the amount of aluminium contained. I tried Driclor which u put on at night and wash off in the morning but my god the skin irritation it caused was unreal so i stopped.

But yeah man it sucks and i feel ur pain :/ . The WL stressing last year made my right pit go mental lol

I tried that. It was a mates and he said it stops you sweating. You've got to let it dry, otherwise it gets irritating. If you let it dry then it's absolutely fine.
  • MisterJV
    Shave your arm pits.

Not always. Sometimes it's simple lifestyle change such as better sleep,drinking more water and cutting out coffee/fizzy drinks. Not everything is serious specially when its only his arm pits and not his whole body.

Yes , Lifestyle change is good . My own experience with Thyroid issues was always staying up till odd hours and being fine , High Metabolism , high blood pressure / heart rate . When my wife and I were dating she took notice of things and told me to see a doctor where I got some blood work and now I am controlled with medications . Seeing a physician would be my first suggestion to @Andy99TradeZ
  • DjRoels
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When I was 16 years old I had the same problem. My mom (yes my mom) bought me a product called ‘axitrans’ at the local pharmacy. It stings a bit when I applied it, but it helped me so much!! Apply it before bedtime, let it dry and the morning after wash your armpits and use a deodorant. Hope this helps.
  • Legegg
    1056 posts Professional
    Shave your arm pits.

Yes , Lifestyle change is good . My own experience with Thyroid issues was always staying up till odd hours and being fine , High Metabolism , high blood pressure / heart rate . When my wife and I were dating she took notice of things and told me to see a doctor where I got some blood work and now I am controlled with medications . Seeing a physician would be my first suggestion to @Andy99TradeZ

Women always notice stuff you need to get fixed! Like not eating crisps all day and occasionally eating a vegetable.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    15245 posts World Class
    DjRoels wrote: »
    When I was 16 years old I had the same problem. My mom (yes my mom) bought me a product called ‘axitrans’ at the local pharmacy. It stings a bit when I applied it, but it helped me so much!! Apply it before bedtime, let it dry and the morning after wash your armpits and use a deodorant. Hope this helps.

See I'm 18 so I guess similar, got any idea whether it was a certain ingredient in the product that was what helped?

Thanks everyone else so far
  • o0OainavO0o
    2485 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sounds toxic. Your diet might need to include more antioxidants. More water and less soft drinks. More lettuce and veggies and less fried frenchy fries.
  • MisterJV
    Legegg wrote: »
    Shave your arm pits.

Women always notice stuff you need to get fixed! Like not eating crisps all day and occasionally eating a vegetable.

She was studying to become a nurse @ the university where we met . Good thing I went to the doctor .. life changing tbh
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    I recomend you NOT to use a product that blocks you from sweating. Sweating is a natural organism response. You should see a doctor. None from this forum or internet can help you. Its nothing to be scared about.
  • Libguy
    Shave your arm pits.

She was studying to become a nurse @ the university where we met . Good thing I went to the doctor .. life changing tbh

I went to the doctor once years ago and he took my blood pressure and looked at me and said "Did you . . . . run here?" I had not. Now I don't go to the doctor no more.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Yeah go the doctor. It might be a minor thing but they will likely be able to solve your problem whatever it is.
  • MisterJV
    Shave your arm pits.

I went to the doctor once years ago and he took my blood pressure and looked at me and said "Did you . . . . run here?" I had not. Now I don't go to the doctor no more.

then go to another one.

You shouldnt be going through something like this at your age.. you should be wearing tank tops and letting the guns out at 18 @Andy99TradeZ
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Shave your arm pits.

then go to another one.

You shouldnt be going through something like this at your age.. you should be wearing tank tops and letting the guns out at 18 @Andy99TradeZ

Or the noodle arms
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    hope it gets sorted
  • Jfo88
    22946 posts Club Captain
    Just own it like the Hoff
    421bc001e56694b9029d9503e5e022de.jpg