Which ‘retro’ boots?

Antparry92
17689 posts World Class
edited March 2018
In need of some new studs seeing as my Magistas have split. Most of my choices are ‘retro’ apart from one pair which are blackouts. The T90 lasers are only £40 brand new which is what is tempting me. The predator powerswerves are £90 brand new and then the new blackout preds are £100
ebc4442d180e5ecab6e2d2ce7146e9d4.jpg
c9a12d2bc98aa47689a713f407acf2dc.png
39b4a85d12cd12f455ccb42264fc0832.jpg
8e80c134c285a63a789e67d49e7cf129.jpg
722fb3ffd157a4b2765658f865712578.jpg

Post edited by Antparry92 on

Which ‘retro’ boots? 66 votes

Red T90 laser
12%
MikeshaunlouisondylwmsB16LadAndybelfastLORDarchibaldVflagshipScruffyDogBurger 8 votes
Yellow T90 laser
7%
JRLegeggRetodd33FUTAbellDeanoZoff 5 votes
Black T90 laser
4%
Hoopsterzjoelbuk99Cheetah Thumbs 3 votes
Predator powerswerve
45%
HolgerBadstuber murazorPeterCarswellJoresOkore5XxRichiexRichxXBob_DylanAndy99TradeZChoepiechakieJIBJAB-DY5SnapzsWonderfulwestTwoZebrasROCKNROLLA Ibte10S P 4 C E YMikeyP_FCFootyFootyFootballRetro_Gcboz18 30 votes
Ace 17.1 blackouts
30%
CampinoLittleland95ha032742LFC Simon 98Shearer09NUFC1NornIronJfo88KingLionel10JohnDoeBuffonJuve93Xtrem3 PoptartsethnickBcfcDale88Mattysb1SupaNoodle1990Hitman_Hattonnyisles8388SadioMansofyanmitsagottamagic 20 votes

Comments

• LORDarchibald
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Red T90 laser
    Buy the red T90s then PM me a link so I can buy the yellows!!! Some of my fav boots ever. Still regret selling them.
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Predator powerswerve
    Always go for the preds. Wore my predator X’s today when I went and practiced. Going to cop the 18s soon enough.
  • Antparry92
    17689 posts World Class
    edited March 2018
    I’m leaning towards the preds at the moment, but £40 for the T90 lasers is nothing
  • LORDarchibald
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Red T90 laser
    The problem with older Preds is the soleplate always separates from the shoe (for me at least). I would be worried about that considering the fact that they are now 10 years old...
  • Scholesyy
    1405 posts Professional
    Predator powerswerve
    You buying boots by the looks of them? Buy the ones that feels best when you put them on.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Predator powerswerve
    And it's not even close
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Predator powerswerve
    Didn't know they were that cheap, might have to get a pair
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Predator powerswerve
    The problem with older Preds is the soleplate always separates from the shoe (for me at least). I would be worried about that considering the fact that they are now 10 years old...

Yeah I have had that issue. My X’s are 8 years old almost but still in decent shape.
  • Antparry92
    17689 posts World Class
    Scholesyy wrote: »
    You buying boots by the looks of them? Buy the ones that feels best when you put them on.
    I’ve worn both pairs in the past
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Predator powerswerve
    Buy the red T90s then PM me a link so I can buy the yellows!!! Some of my fav boots ever. Still regret selling them.

Those are from classicfootballshirts.co.uk
  • Antparry92
    17689 posts World Class
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

Yeh I’ve sent him a link, there’s another one called bw football boots
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Predator powerswerve
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

Yeh I’ve sent him a link, there’s another one called bw football boots

Yeah I know, I've spent so much time looking at boots online I recognised both pages directly when I say your pics :D
  • Snapzs
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    Predator powerswerve
    The preds are top choice. Although I used the total 90s back in my playing days since they are kind of wide, good boot aswell.
  • Retro_G
    29187 posts Player of the Year
    Predator powerswerve
    Mismatch
  • Legegg
    1011 posts Professional
    Yellow T90 laser
    I've got the T90 III Elite so I say those. So, so comfortable and I feel really accurate with them.
  • Retro_G
    29187 posts Player of the Year
    Predator powerswerve
    Legegg wrote: »
    I've got the T90 III Elite so I say those. So, so comfortable and I feel really accurate with them.

You don't look as good though. ;)
  • LFC Simon 98
    17286 posts World Class
    Ace 17.1 blackouts
    Ease
  • Legegg
    1011 posts Professional
    Yellow T90 laser
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Legegg wrote: »

You don't look as good though. ;)

I've got some Mercurial Safari boots for looking good/like a ****!
  • Antparry92
    17689 posts World Class
    Can’t believe the Ace’s are getting so many votes tbh
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    Predator powerswerve
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Can’t believe the Ace’s are getting so many votes tbh

Modern boots are hideous. Predator Mania was where it peaked
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Those all blacks are beautiful.
    The 2nd pair is ugly imo
  • RebelRob
    5223 posts Big Money Move
    Predator powerswerve
    Predators have already been my favourite boot of choose. T90's didn't feel anywhere near as comfy as the power swerves, and it felt like the 90 patch sometimes hindered the contact with the ball.
  • Antparry92
    17689 posts World Class
    So I’ve already got a toots blackout kit in the house and the guys from toots got back in touch and said it’ll work on the T90 lasers other than the rubber ‘strike zone’.

For half the price I think I have to go for the 90’s and the fact I’ll be able to black them out anyway
  • PirateW
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Saw retro boots thread and thought of Puma Kings. The fact that 2008 boots are considered retro is very scary.
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Predator powerswerve
    :love:
  • Antparry92
    17689 posts World Class
    PirateW wrote: »
    Saw retro boots thread and thought of Puma Kings. The fact that 2008 boots are considered retro is very scary.

It’s all relative, if you start going back further than that the price tag becomes ridiculous. So I’ve settled for a happy medium. Old but not too expensive
  • Sercs
    18654 posts World Class
    Retro and you havent included world cups! come on dude!!

10346.jpg
  • Antparry92
    17689 posts World Class
    Sercs wrote: »

10346.jpg
    For a good reason. Absolutely can’t stand playing in them. I’ve had a pair before and probably the most uncomfortable boot I’ve worn. Could feel the studs poke through the insole and generally a lot of pressure going through the studs. Don’t get me wrong they’re beautiful but I found them very uncomfortable. Copa’s on the other hand are aright
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Predator powerswerve
    Sercs wrote: »

10346.jpg

Klose 2006 memories
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Mercurial >