Packs to Glory - So it begins...

Masscherano
602 posts An Exciting Prospect
Hey guys, I've decided to do something on the side to keep me entertained with Fifa.

To make it clear, I'm a pretty average player... I don't play WL and I'm in D3 on my main account so it's not likely I go high in seasons etc with this haha.

It's similar to a road to glory, however, I'm not allowed to buy... anything off the market to make it a challenge. (apart from the player you're forced to do in starter objectives!) I've never really had any luck from packs either best I've packed this year was SIF Firmino, so... I might not get much in terms of packs hahaha.

It's also a level 1 account so I have no coin boosts etc... *cry*, and I have limited time on Xbox and will still play some on my main account. :)

I'm hoping to do a mixture between online and offline games and just see how the club looks by the end of Fifa 18. :)

Starter team:
33kanw5.jpg

I've bought Calum Wilson for 900 coins as my first and only signing to complete the starter objective... as you're forced to buy someone! I've slotted him in for Ryan Taylor... so Wilson and Austin can lead the line for now.

We have also signed Luis Suarez on loan as part of the starter objectives, decided to bring in a top class triker for later down the line.

We finished the first round of starter objectives and got this... safe to say he'll be getting used somewhere once we're a bit higher in seasons. 29xapz5.jpg

We've done the First Exchange SBC as shown below nothing too exciting here.
cqhpc.jpg
2xp4.jpg

Comments

• murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Good luck ;)
  • Masscherano
    murazor wrote: »
    Good luck ;)

Thanks bro. :)
  • Knowlesdinho
    10606 posts Has That Special Something
    Hope all goes well.
  • Masscherano
    Hope all goes well.

Thanks man. Me too hahaha.
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck and enjoy!
  • Masscherano
    Good luck and enjoy!

Thank you very much! :)
  • Retodd33
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    These are always fun. I've been pack only all year and I've had a great time.

Good luck bud, start hammering those SBC's!
  • Masscherano
    Retodd33 wrote: »
    These are always fun. I've been pack only all year and I've had a great time.

Good luck bud, start hammering those SBC's!

How have you been getting on? :)

Wanted to do this now as I may run one on the side for all of Fifa 19 and keep tabs on it, think it'd be pretty cool to look back on.

You been buying players for SBC's? :)

Thanks for the luck mate, I'm at work at the minute, but hoping to get on a little after footy later. :D
  • Retodd33
    Yeah my rules were essentially only first owner players, so I said I could do SBC's (I can buy any players for them and consumables). So I though I'd have the odd POTM card, then they go and drop Icon SBC's...

To be fair, I think it's cheating to a degree how I've done it, as you end up with a far better team. I did separate pack only teams last year and figured I'd get frustrated if I did no SBC players all year.

Makes every decent pull mean something. I've had a few decent pulls this year, nothing amazing. SIF Son, SIF Lozano and IF drini (trying to force me to go meta), TOTW Mbappe and OTW Tolisso early on were lovely pulls.

That said, these are my teams now - Second one just for fitness. £0 spent this year as well. I should have R9 by the end of the week too.

Team_1.jpg

Team_2.jpg
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    Im a first owner club since the start. I do buy players to burn for sbcs. So not really packs only, but packs and sbc only. Current team in 41212 wide:
    vd Sar - toty Dani Alves, baby Rio, futmas VvD, red Zeegelaar - Rijkaard, league sbc Promes, Overmars, Bergkamp - baby Kluivert and SIF Josef Martinez.
    Plays like a dream.
  • Masscherano
    Yeah my rules were essentially only first owner players, so I said I could do SBC's (I can buy any players for them and consumables). So I though I'd have the odd POTM card, then they go and drop Icon SBC's...

To be fair, I think it's cheating to a degree how I've done it, as you end up with a far better team. I did separate pack only teams last year and figured I'd get frustrated if I did no SBC players all year.

Makes every decent pull mean something. I've had a few decent pulls this year, nothing amazing. SIF Son, SIF Lozano and IF drini (trying to force me to go meta), TOTW Mbappe and OTW Tolisso early on were lovely pulls.

That said, these are my teams now - Second one just for fitness. £0 spent this year as well. I should have R9 by the end of the week too.

Team_1.jpg

Team_2.jpg

Both teams are fantastic. You've done very well to get that far with just packs and SBC's.

I'm hugely handicapping myself by not being able to buy anything off the market but I want it to be part of the challenge. I'll probably only sell duplicates of stuff and maybe some consumables from packs. So I really am praying to the Fifa gods haha.

Some great pack pulls there also... could have easily had your standard WL team there. ;) I'm looking forward to when you get a board it not being worth a few thousand coins it's hopefully going to be a nice addition to my team!
    Im a first owner club since the start. I do buy players to burn for sbcs. So not really packs only, but packs and sbc only. Current team in 41212 wide:
    vd Sar - toty Dani Alves, baby Rio, futmas VvD, red Zeegelaar - Rijkaard, league sbc Promes, Overmars, Bergkamp - baby Kluivert and SIF Josef Martinez.
    Plays like a dream.

Magnificent team as well... very impressed.

Both of your first owner teams is better than my normal team hahaha.
  • Masscherano
    So bit of an update played some games last night and cleared out the starter objectives. :)

One of these was to buy a player - so to clear these I've allowed myself a second purchase and that's it for the rest of the PtG. I bought Jamie Vardy in at 2300 coins to have a pacy duo of him and Calum Wilson up front in my England squad.

I think my plan is to get to 15k and do single player drafts to ensure I get the 4 wins for the best possible pack rewards the majority of the time. I am considering using my coins for some bronze and silver players packs as that might help me build more teams and help me complete some of the basic SBC's and you only get 5 of each in the store. I'm currently at 6360 coins. :) I'm going to look to do one game of online seasons with my England team and then one game of Squad Battles/Single Player seasons with my fitness squad for now.

I'm going to look at posting how the Online games go as I play them, as they're a bit more interesting to look at compared to the Single Player games I've played.

I'll post below what's happened so far. (be prepared for quite like almost 20 pictures!)
    10f4bbq.jpg
    j79r21.jpg
    242ivba.jpg
    71l6cz.jpg
    2eds8sm.jpg
    2e3oaaq.jpg
    2e3oaaq.jpg
    dnirg0.jpg
    2n09a9u.jpg
    mczmzs.jpg
    10f2ikx.jpg
    n6hx2.jpg
    jzjpyt.jpg
    2ik6t6s.jpg
    i5rmnr.jpg
    1055i6q.jpg
    5n2o2e.jpg
  • Masscherano
    So I decided to open the 5 bronze players packs now and fill out my club with some extra possibilities for squads and SBC's and I've managed to fall one cars short of finishing the Let's Keep Going - Loyal Lads SBC, I hope to pack someone I can use in there soon.

Below I've posted which cards I used and what rewards I got, as well as the 5 bronze players packs openings.

For packs with 7 items + I'll just screenshot the players inside and not the consumables to make it a bit smaller.

From here I've updated my squads which are also below. :)
    Bronze Player Packs (split each pack into 2 to fit image)
    28qrjae.jpg
    2efjdbc.jpg
    14y27hw.jpg
    runrf8.jpg
    2vv9jy8.jpg
    2dhebth.jpg
    wtdh6d.jpg
    241j89j.jpg
    21j3udf.jpg
    2pza0hx.jpg
    SBC Submissions:
    2wc04rq.jpg
    2uzvxqo.jpg
    11llkqr.jpg
    SBC Rewards:
    2qvdo4j.jpg
    2w2o8hs.jpg
    2mfzzw8.jpg

Main Squad:
    2125p45.jpg
    Fitness Squad:
    2eelugx.jpg

These are what I plan on using across the next few games. :)
  • Retodd33
    Bronze pack method ftw, get the crud into the silver upgrade then the gold upgrade.
  • Masscherano
    Bronze pack method ftw, get the crud into the silver upgrade then the gold upgrade.

I'm a big fan of the BPM and use it on my main sitting on a full TP of duplicate bronzes at the minute and when FUT birthday ends I'll probably throw them into a silver upgrade and I'm just going to tr y the gold NIF trading method on there as it seems to be working well. I tried IF trading method before but it's been slow this year, money is in the wrong place I think!

Think I'm going to play some games and open the silver players packs, and if I still can't finish the Loyal Lads SBC from there, I'll open bronze packs til I can and then going into drafts I think. :)
  • Masscherano
    We're up to D9 in Online Seasons winning the title with 1 draw on the way (late equaliser cost me)... we've come up against similar teams on the way. There was a quite a few rage quits from opponents here.

We switched this with playing some Squad Battles games on the way with the Fitness team which has struggled on Professional... however I played one with my main team and coasted it so there's a big difference in quality that hopefully we can fix going forward.

Below is some pictures of the online games and some packs from recent rewards and we've started opening the silver players packs, we've picked up Bishop in one a 68 rated English CM who has gone straight next to Surman in my main squad as an upgrade there. :)

Loan Neuer was incredible against me in the 5-0 game I won, best GK performance I've seen on Fifa 18.

The game at the end vs Barnsley was a unique past/present Barnsley team which was cool to see but not effective.
    25hdcwi.jpg
    2uy4tqc.jpg
    23vc8jo.jpg
    2coixea.jpg
    155qf0i.jpg
    715ra9.jpg
    rh24ox.jpg
    5vwy7m.jpg
    ma9tkx.jpg
    bdlgnr.jpg
    2i970qf.jpg
    24qoks9.jpg