The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Controversial

Advait
14717 posts World Class
edited March 2018
So I started up the game as usual, made my way through to SB and played the first team on ultimate as I would

It was an 82 rated squad with 50 something chem

From the get go, it felt off. The AI was flying across the pitch. His players that IG statwise have extremely poor Pace and agility were turning rapidly and accelerating like Messi

I play SB on ultimate all the time and none of this is exaggeration or biased

I open the scoring in the first half, Larsson finesse

The AI equalizes with N'zonzi taking fantastic turns and scoring with his weak foot in a most remarkable fashion. A finish that only really high rated attackers execute. This is not very unusual but fishy nonetheless.

Game trickles through to penalties and I see this

dcwv20.jpg

Could this have deeper implications or could this just be a visual glitch

I feel these corrupted stats were true IG and reflected very evidently

Would like to hear what you think about this

It gets worse! I got away with the win but only got 1915 points...
Which is stupid, considering I've never got under 2800 or so points for beating ultimate, regardless of the scoreline

Comments

• Zv1k0
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    Did you just start playing on Ultimate or what? All this sounds normal to me and yes, they are boosted to 99.
  • JohnDoe
    11344 posts Has That Special Something
    I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you not, during last WL my OTW Yarmolenko turned into some English player called Brown, who had a few maxed out stats, but other poor ones. He also had 50(ish) stamina, and he did last about 45 minutes before he coule barely run anymore, so it wasn't only a visual thing, not to mention that he was also much slower and had a 1*WF. I took screencaps of it.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Did you just start playing on Ultimate or what? All this sounds normal to me and yes, they are boosted to 99.

Like I said, I play every week
  • pudgyfudgy
    6135 posts Big Money Move
    From the several penalty shootouts that I've encountered in SB before, they are counted as a draw for scoring purposes. Shouldn't be the case but unfortunately they are.

And I think other forumers have checked and confirmed that on ultimate, players get their stats boosted by a lot, possibly mostly at or close to 99. It's the only remaining way for the game to make ultimate more difficult than legendary.
  • Zv1k0
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    Advait wrote: »

Doesn't sound like it but ok. If you got 2800 points for every time you won, you either won 3-0 against very high rated/chem team or scored atleast 4 goals. Rating of the team doesn't matter in terms of how they play but only for points multiplier.

So playing Ultimate is not worth it unless you can score atleast 4 goals every game, even 5 against low rated/chem if you concede a lot.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15905 posts World Class
    So I started up the game as usual, made my way through to SB and played the first team on ultimate as I would

It was an 82 rated squad with 50 something chem

From the get go, it felt off. The AI was flying across the pitch. His players that IG statwise have extremely poor Pace and agility were turning rapidly and accelerating like Messi

I play SB on ultimate all the time and none of this is exaggeration or biased

I open the scoring in the first half, Larsson finesse

The AI equalizes with N'zonzi taking fantastic turns and scoring with his weak foot in a most remarkable fashion. A finish that only really high rated attackers execute. This is not very unusual but fishy nonetheless.

Game trickles through to penalties and I see this

dcwv20.jpg

Could this have deeper implications or could this just be a visual glitch

I feel these corrupted stats were true IG and reflected very evidently

Would like to hear what you think about this

It gets worse! I got away with the win but only got 1915 points...
    Which is stupid, considering I've never got under 2800 or so points for beating ultimate, regardless of the scoreline

Well I've had the same issue where my opponents Bonucci was rated 99 in a online D1 game. I know people/ea will deny it and say it doesn't reflect on their in game rating but the fact that it's there is an issue for me.
  • JohnDoe
    4sOOMN4.jpg
    ST2VXBM.jpg
    4Swwn22.jpg
    3aTEIhz.jpg
    AcbRKOD.jpg

So, what the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is this all about?
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15905 posts World Class
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    4sOOMN4.jpg
    ST2VXBM.jpg
    4Swwn22.jpg
    3aTEIhz.jpg
    AcbRKOD.jpg

So, what the **** is this all about?

Yarmolenko changed his name?
  • JohnDoe
    edited March 2018
    Those are not Yarmo's stats. He also has 5* skills, 2* WF, and he's not 32. Any explanation for this? And yes, he did play as if he had the stats shown on the images.

I also just noticed his position has somehow changed to GK.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15905 posts World Class
    Those are not Yarmo's stats. He also has 5* skills, 2* WF, and he's not 32. Any explanation for this? And yes, he did play as if he had the stats shown on the images.

We're in 2018 and this game is still glitchy af.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6177 posts Big Money Move
    Stats are boosted on ultimate, it's absolutely clear. You see 60 rated bronzes running faster than 90+ pace players, even in the second half!!
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ultimate difficulty has always been like this, for me anyway. To get over 2800 points on ultimate you have to at least win 3-0 4-0 depending on rating and chem, all teams are boosted to 99, it's not a new thing. This has been my experience anyway, I used to play on ultimate quite a lot but don't bother now as it's just not worth it point wise.
  • JohnDoe

It's BS. Not like WL isn't hard enough, I actually have to go through crap like this. Dude's passing and physicality were on point, though, that's for sure, too bad he turned so slowly that by the time he was done the match was already over.
  • limjitwe
    7446 posts League Winner

It's BS. Not like WL isn't hard enough, I actually have to go through **** like this. Dude's passing and physicality were on point, though, that's for sure, too bad he turned so slowly that by the time he was done the match was already over.

You paused and went into see during ingame?
  • JohnDoe
    edited March 2018
    limjitwe wrote: »

It's BS. Not like WL isn't hard enough, I actually have to go through **** like this. Dude's passing and physicality were on point, though, that's for sure, too bad he turned so slowly that by the time he was done the match was already over.

You paused and went into see during ingame?

Yes. And after the match, I tried to check his stats in the squad section, but nothing showed up (there's a screencap of that too). Is it too much to ask that EA don't mess around with the players I own?
  • Mackie17
    5936 posts Big Money Move
    penalties wins have to be low points otherwise people would play for draws

also I can accept having CPU intelligence/decision making etc boosted but having the actual player stats change and possibly our players stats changing is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and makes a mockery of the whole basis of FUT

whats the point in IFs and Icons if they get robbed of the extra stats we pay for
  • JohnDoe
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    penalties wins have to be low points otherwise people would play for draws

also I can accept having CPU intelligence/decision making etc boosted but having the actual player stats change and possibly our players stats changing is **** and makes a mockery of the whole basis of FUT

whats the point in IFs and Icons if they get robbed of the extra stats we pay for

That's exactly what the images I uploaded illustrate. My player's stats changed. idgaf if it's a glitch or not, it still happened.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    As said by @Mackie17 @JohnDoe and so on...

I don't mind AI being more efficient and intelligent but giving 99s and boosting finishing on CBs and CDMs is just plain buzzkill and objectionable
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up
    have to say, if this is the way EA change have to approach the difficulty increases then its essentially false advertisement (in terms of the 'view team' option in SBs) as the card ratings shown pre game would be incorrect essentially wouldn't they?

Its yet again another nonsense by EA with all their cloak and dagger approaches to the game and how it essentially works, don't get me wrong something has to be adjusted to increase the difficulty but tier lack of transparency has yet again brought another issue to the fore....
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Waspy wrote: »
    have to say, if this is the way EA change have to approach the difficulty increases then its essentially false advertisement (in terms of the 'view team' option in SBs) as the card ratings shown pre game would be incorrect essentially wouldn't they?

Its yet again another nonsense by EA with all their cloak and dagger approaches to the game and how it essentially works, don't get me wrong something has to be adjusted to increase the difficulty but tier lack of transparency has yet again brought another issue to the fore....

Rightly said
  • Dado BL
    1260 posts Professional
    This is nothing new. Called DDA if I remember correctly. Dynamic difficulty adjustment.

We knew that sliders change in game and someone even found the code last year where sliders change in game. But EA claimed it was only for offline modes such as squad battles.

I never bought it. It’s obvious that sliders change in game as most of us can feel it.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dado BL wrote: »
    This is nothing new. Called DDA if I remember correctly. Dynamic difficulty adjustment.

We knew that sliders change in game and someone even found the code last year where sliders change in game. But EA claimed it was only for offline modes such as squad battles.

I never bought it. It’s obvious that sliders change in game as most of us can feel it.

This
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero

If they must change (which is highly contentious) then I don't think they should change for your players too though. How on earth is anyone supposed to get used to how a team plays when their performance changes greatly from match to match?
  • nextqprmanager
    3365 posts National Call-Up

What & you didnt know this?
    its not contentious - been said many times & Im a noob
  • WTFsmirky08
    2973 posts National Call-Up

Yeah, pretty obvious it happens online, in most WL games, certainly after a significant win streak or going more than a couple of goals up

To the point now that if I am battering someone I actually just stop trying to score to avoid this sort of crap happening
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up

Yeah, pretty obvious it happens online, in most WL games, certainly after a significant win streak or going more than a couple of goals up

To the point now that if I am battering someone I actually just stop trying to score to avoid this sort of **** happening

have to say i was playing the DKT last night and the sheer volume of nonsense was incredible!!! Seems ever since i added an additional icon in my team the aidsy bounces and unreal shots im conceding are getting more frequent.....

De Bryne (NIF 89) scored 22yrd scissor kick last night (first time volley from a cross....) i just couldn't believe it. The amount of misplaced passes were unreal as well, I just had to laugh!
  • Dado BL
    1260 posts Professional
    Waspy wrote: »

To the point now that if I am battering someone I actually just stop trying to score to avoid this sort of **** happening

have to say i was playing the DKT last night and the sheer volume of nonsense was incredible!!! Seems ever since i added an additional icon in my team the aidsy bounces and unreal shots im conceding are getting more frequent.....

De Bryne (NIF 89) scored 22yrd scissor kick last night (first time volley from a cross....) i just couldn't believe it. The amount of misplaced passes were unreal as well, I just had to laugh!

It’s DDA and EOMM. There are online patents for these and EA has published numerous papers on it.

We’ve been calling it the H word and the M word for years It’s actually called: Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment and Engaged Optimized Match Making.

It’s literally designed to make you rage more and spend more. It’s disgusting.
  • All players on Ultimate, wether a non rare bronze or a Prime Icon have maxed out 99 stats across the board.
  • Idek
    12838 posts Has That Special Something
    Surprised it's taken you this long to discover it
  • leon1309
    4210 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    I got behind bars for talking about it, so my advice is just stop and read about it somwhere else. Sadly we are not alowed to do it here, even if EA patented it...As the officila stance is: "None of this exist in game and...."