The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Would you get triggered if...

Pugzilla
16997 posts World Class
edited March 2018
You are winning 5-0 in the 75th, your opponent makes a nice play and on his second shot gets a goal (5-1), then Shhhhhhhhh into a dab.

Would you get triggered if... 194 votes

Yes, triggered.
7%
Mike_PickfordPrestoJfo88jjmmww1CBrueggs15RandomLhama83VanBasten12mypetfrogCanadianBoy21CovLee_CandiceMADRIDISTA_Izzy2K17Alford1995NoPosWow914krambizzle 15 votes
No, not triggered.
92%
EddieFicioJJCampinoHolgerBadstuber ChappyLittleland95murazorha032742LFC Simon 98Dan is ClutchSmudgeDiggyFloobysamthederbyramBoabdustOrisonRynolf2009LeonidasJBAgent Murhawk 179 votes

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    73606 posts Moderator
    No, not triggered.
    You're winning comfortably. No need to get triggered.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    No, not triggered.
    No but I would definitely make a post about it on the forums.
  • Pugzilla
    16997 posts World Class
    No, not triggered.
    So this is prompted by a game I just played. The dude had "Twitch" in his name so I looked him up and chilled in the stream as he throttled me. When I got my goal I was being cheek. And then he goes on this like long tirade, before I announce myself, and talks about "respect" and "this is why the community is so toxic." I couldn't believe how hurt his feelings got when he was smacking me so hard. So I had to ask what ya'll thought.
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    No, not triggered.
    Nah I'd laugh

Then score again and dab on him
  • Pugzilla
    16997 posts World Class
    No, not triggered.
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    You're winning comfortably. No need to get triggered.

Bruh thats what I thought. But he was into his feels and that honestly triggered me way more than getting crapped on haha.
  • Fab
    18965 posts World Class
    not really i'd just pass it around the back for the rest of the game attempting to trigger my opponent i mean im 5-1 up im alright
  • Jfo88
    22829 posts Club Captain
    Yes, triggered.
    Everything triggers me
  • Pugzilla
    16997 posts World Class
    No, not triggered.
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Everything triggers me

Sure it does snowflake. You and @fluffymnuffy probably are going to try and get me convicted of a crime under the FIFA SJW guidelines.

• Jfo88
    22829 posts Club Captain
    Yes, triggered.
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Everything triggers me

Sure it does snowflake. You and @fluffymnuffy probably are going to try and get me convicted of a crime under the FIFA SJW guidelines.

I don't know what this means.
  • JohnDoe
    11328 posts Has That Special Something
    No, not triggered.
    Everything triggers me

Uhhh... MAGA?
  • Pugzilla
    16997 posts World Class
    No, not triggered.
    Everything triggers me

**** sake. I quit with the internet for today.
  • Legegg
    1049 posts Professional
    So this is prompted by a game I just played. The dude had "Twitch" in his name so I looked him up and chilled in the stream as he throttled me. When I got my goal I was being cheek. And then he goes on this like long tirade, before I announce myself, and talks about "respect" and "this is why the community is so toxic." I couldn't believe how hurt his feelings got when he was smacking me so hard. So I had to ask what ya'll thought.

Confused by your motives. No need to do that. Wouldn't bother me but still make me think how much of a tool the person I'm playing is.
  • Pugzilla
    16997 posts World Class
    No, not triggered.
    Legegg wrote: »

Confused by your motives. No need to do that. Wouldn't bother me but still make me think how much of a tool the person I'm playing is.

Well I mean obviously I did it from an ironic position/ position of being cheeky. I was getting smacked and I always do it when I am down by 5 or more because it is so daft. Honestly never would have thought someone would really be like genuinely into their feels about it.
  • Legegg
    1049 posts Professional

Well I mean obviously I did it from an ironic position/ position of being cheeky. I was getting smacked and I always do it when I am down by 5 or more because it is so daft. Honestly never would have thought someone would really be like genuinely into their feels about it.

Right. Ironically do the thing that antagonises people. To someone streaming. He has an audience, of course he's going to react. That's what people do to get followers. I doubt he'd give a **** if he weren't streaming. Not sure what you expected by doing something annoying.

Also, there is absolutely no way the person you played against would have any idea you were doing it ironically. And even if you were I still don't see why.
  • Pugzilla
    16997 posts World Class
    edited March 2018
    No, not triggered.

Right. Ironically do the thing that antagonises people. To someone streaming. He has an audience, of course he's going to react. That's what people do to get followers. I doubt he'd give a **** if he weren't streaming. Not sure what you expected by doing something annoying.

Also, there is absolutely no way the person you played against would have any idea you were doing it ironically. And even if you were I still don't see why.

Why would anyone care when the win is in the bag is my point. Not exactly a tension filled equalizer or winner. Game was done and dusted from the 20th minute so why the high blood pressure over an all ages game celebration?

The point about him being live makes a bit of sense though, however, if the roles were switched I can promise I wouldn't give a rats **** about what the guy did down 5-1 in the 75th.
  • Paciga45
    3770 posts National Call-Up
    No, not triggered.

Why would anyone care when the win is in the bag is my point. Not exactly a tension filled equalizer or winner. Game was done and dusted from the 20th minute so why the high blood pressure over an all ages game celebration?

The point about him being live makes a bit of sense though, however, if the roles were switched I can promise I wouldn't give a rats **** about what the guy did down 5-1 in the 75th.

Because...reasons?
  • Legegg
    1049 posts Professional

I just don't get why you'd do something that does wind people up and then are surprised when it works. And then make a thread about it. I doubt he did care but because he was streaming he played it up, is what I was getting at. If I'm smashing someone and they do that I just think they're a gimp. Or 12 years old.

Oh well. You do you.
  • Pauldejong6
    6959 posts Big Money Move
    No, not triggered.
    Id laugh about it. Thats what you should do about everything in this game...
  • P
    7733 posts League Winner
    It's just common courtesy to skip when the other person has been. If I've skipped all my goals and you celebrate I won't get triggered, I'll just score again and celebrate to the halfway line.
  • Pugzilla
    16997 posts World Class
    edited March 2018
    No, not triggered.
    Paciga45 wrote: »

Because...reasons?

Because it is stupid AF and funny.
  • Pugzilla
    16997 posts World Class
    No, not triggered.
    P wrote: »
    It's just common courtesy to skip when the other person has been. If I've skipped all my goals and you celebrate I won't get triggered, I'll just score again and celebrate to the halfway line.

I recognize you as a OG type in here but I never understood why there are unwritten rules regarding this or that.

• BackDaddy
    3281 posts National Call-Up
    No, not triggered.
    Sounds like something I'd do for a lol.. I would never shush or dab if I'm winning but I see the funny side to shushing when you're down by 5
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    No, not triggered.
    lel
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4405 posts National Call-Up
    No, not triggered.
    No I would score another and run str8 to the camera and make him watch it all.
  • AlexSolm
    8285 posts League Winner
    No, not triggered.
    No reason to get upset over a celebration, especially when winning comfortably
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26241 posts Player of the Year
    No, not triggered.
    Quite common for someone I’m beating comfortably to shush me, think they are proud to get a goal against my team.
  • ManTrain
    3000 posts National Call-Up
    No, not triggered.
    Doesn’t bother me at all when I’m winning, but I certainly would never do it if I was losing 5-0.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    No, not triggered.
    No. It’s a game. Celebrate however you want. Plus, I would just laugh if I was up 5-1.
  • TwoZebras wrote: »
    Nah I'd laugh

Then score again and dab on him

This everytime

Even better when they shh you when they equalize late then you copy them after scoring the winner straight from kick-off
  • Mike_Pickford
    3745 posts National Call-Up
    Yes, triggered.
    This is why Fifa as we all once knew it is dead. It wasn't too long ago the majority skipped replays, didn't celebrate etc. because, really, what's the point. Now it seems all anybody tries to do is antagonize/wind up whoever they're playing. It's just sad imo.