Last week I did the unthinkable.....

SPAMPEBS
4196 posts National Call-Up
edited March 2018
A lot of you saw what I did so I won't bore you with the details but just check my thread history if you're not familiar... It's an interesting read lol, but since starting a new club I have done nothing but played some squad battles and traded on the companion app only at work because I've not got time to sit at home doing it would rather try and squeeze in a game or two if I'm gonna go on fifa.

Well it's taken me 4 or 5 days to trade up to this....

ANx6c7bP_o.jpg

That's with a completely fresh club, no coin boosts to help either. Just relentless buying and realisting of whatever I found was selling well, normally due to sbc's.

I'll be honest I've had more fun with fifa this last week than I did in the last several months with that absolutely ridiculous team, I no longer feel like I must get the latest released totw player or icon. I no longer feel like I must play the game because I've spent so much money on it. To be free of the attraction to fifa points is a glorious thing and if anyone else feels like I felt............Then I strongly recommend doing something about it and not letting it get worse.

Do I think liscarding/discarding my entire club was the best solution? No, but is it one that worked for me? Yes.

Lots of you already know you don't need to put money on this game to get a great team, if I can do that in less than a week... Imagine what else is achievable.
Post edited by SPAMPEBS on

Comments

• PMSFL
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    That you Bateson?
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    To be fair, this was a particulary special week, the market went full bananas lol só, in every other week(s), it would have taken longer. Good job, though. I, for one, if tried the same, would end up backfiring and losing money.i'm terrible at trading, i always end up missing the right opportunity to sell...
  • SPAMPEBS
    PMSFL wrote: »
    That you Bateson?

I was never as bad as him..... He's different levels of denial.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    PMSFL wrote: »
    That you Bateson?

:D
  • Momus
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero
    Still incredibly grateful for that IF nainggolan you put up haha
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Pretty impressive mate, are you going to spill the beans on what you traded?
  • SPAMPEBS
    Retro_G wrote: »

I literally snipe or buy anything that's needed for sbc's sometimes just below normal going rate and sell for only 300-400 or so coins profit on most occasions. I just keep that ticking over with a full transfer list checking, keeping it topped up and relisting. The coins soon pile up, I wouldn't recommend sitting at home doing it but it's easy to keep the coins coming in at work checking your transfer list every now and then if you have a job that permits.
  • SPAMPEBS
    Momus wrote: »
    Still incredibly grateful for that IF nainggolan you put up haha

I did about 8 of them at once lol even I enjoyed that!
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »

I literally snipe or buy anything that's needed for sbc's sometimes just below normal going rate and sell for only 300-400 or so coins profit on most occasions. I just keep that ticking over with a full transfer list checking, keeping it topped up and relisting. The coins soon pile up, I wouldn't recommend sitting at home doing it but it's easy to keep the coins coming in at work checking your transfer list every now and then if you have a job that permits.

Very nice, low risk trading. I used to do that with squad fitness cards, but it got extremely tedious.
  • SPAMPEBS

Very nice, low risk trading. I used to do that with squad fitness cards, but it got extremely tedious.

Absolutely, that's why I only do it at work lol because it is tedious.
  • Deano2508
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    I made a killing on Orlando players yesterday, wish I’d of started doing it sooner
  • SPAMPEBS
    Deano2508 wrote: »
    I made a killing on Orlando players yesterday, wish I’d of started doing it sooner

Sniping?
  • fighter__noir
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How's the georgian striker?
  • BigBuffalo
    1044 posts Professional
    How about you list that Wilson or Mahrez for discard ;)
  • SPAMPEBS
    How's the georgian striker?

Amazing, I was gonna make a thread about him but couldn't be bothered with the constant posts asking me how many I'm selling.
  • SPAMPEBS
    BigBuffalo wrote: »

Maybe next week when I'm fed up again ;)
  • Kirkyy310192
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I did exactly this. I had 6m coins and i transferred 3m to a mate and spent 3m on packs.
    Started back off with 60k and i now have over 2.6m worth of players in my team and bpl, spfl and half of la liga league sbcs done. Ive found to be enjoying fifa a lot more knowing i built it up from nothing. Took a lot of grinding buying and selling silvers from sbc leagues.
  • BigBuffalo
    1044 posts Professional

Hahaha, but seriously I’m starting to feel like you did now, I literally just spend the last 2 days non stop grinding to finish prime ronaldo, but now I have him I feel like I have to now play fifa and nothing else otherwise I’ve wasted my time
  • SPAMPEBS

Hahaha, but seriously I’m starting to feel like you did now, I literally just spend the last 2 days non stop grinding to finish prime ronaldo, but now I have him I feel like I have to now play fifa and nothing else otherwise I’ve wasted my time

That's exactly the problem, I have 84 Wilson and birthday Bolasie upfront.... They cost me zero pounds.... And I don't feel obliged to come on and play at all. Having prime Henry and ronaldinho etc was such a burden..... I'm so glad to have rid. And I now know I could easily trade up to them with no money so next year I really hope I learn my own lesson.
  • Zero_velocity
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Saw that old thread of yours the day after. Was gutted I missed it!

Great teams by the way. Who would you say is better...Kouyate or Kolasinac?
  • SPAMPEBS
    Saw that old thread of yours the day after. Was gutted I missed it!

Great teams by the way. Who would you say is better...Kouyate or Kolasinac?

Tough decision, only played about 10 games with them and so far they are pretty similar. If I had to get rid of one it would probably be kouyate because of his horrible marking stat.
  • ICUP
    6439 posts Big Money Move
    Wheres the image :/
  • Shutup
    3821 posts National Call-Up
    Respect. Best thing I did this year was delete the club and start over
  • Flamstead
    3689 posts National Call-Up
    Kudos @SPAMPEBS - should shut up all the people who say you can't have a good team through trading only.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks for Courtois and Handanovic :lol:
  • SPAMPEBS
    Flamstead wrote: »
    Kudos @SPAMPEBS - should shut up all the people who say you can't have a good team through trading only.

Yeah I guess it depends if you have the time, patience and knowledge to do it.

I have nothing against pay to win though, I've done it many times. But it needs to stop for me.
  • SPAMPEBS
    Thanks for Courtois and Handanovic :lol:

Always a pleasure
  • SPAMPEBS
    Shutup wrote: »
    Respect. Best thing I did this year was delete the club and start over

Yeah it's really rejuvenated my interest and enjoyment in the game.
  • ICUP
    6439 posts Big Money Move
    @SPAMPEBS whats the team

this is all that comes up "HuW1RuZE_o.jpg"
  • SPAMPEBS
    ICUP wrote: »
    @SPAMPEBS whats the team

this is all that comes up "HuW1RuZE_o.jpg"

Fixed?