DZDwVqSVAAAraJl.jpg
Post edited by JDB44 on

Comments

• JDB44
    436 posts Sunday League Hero
    Current Squad

2017-18 Season
    GK
    Federico Marchetti, 34, 80 OVR. Current starter.
    Thomas Strakosha, 22, 74 OVR. Rotation Player.
    Guido Guerrieri, 21, 61 OVR. 3rd string, possible loan move.
    Ivan Vargic, 30, 69 OVR. Transfer Listed.
    Marius Adamonis, 20, 56 OVR. Future prospect looking for loan move.

Defense
    Dusan Basta, 33, 80 OVR. Transfer Listed.
    Patric, 24, 69 OVR. Transfer Listed.
    Wesley Hoedt, 23, 77 OVR. Current RCB in back 3 formation.
    Wallace, 22, 77 OVR. Current CB in back 3 formation.
    Mauricio, 28, 78 OVR. Current LCB in back 3 formation.
    Issa DIop, 20, 76 OVR. Recently purchased for 19,800,000 from Toulouse FC.
    Bastos, 25, 77 OVR. Rotation Player.
    Luiz Felipe, 21, 60 OVR. Loan listed.
    Jordan Lukaku, 23, 77 OVR. Rotation Player.
    Adam Marusic, 24, 71 OVR. Rotation Player.
    Stefan Radu, 30, 78 OVR. Lost starting position to Wallace. Rotation Player.
    Luca Germoni, 19, 62 OVR. Future prospect looking for loan move.

Midfielders
    Lucas Leiva, 30, 79 OVR. Starting CDM.
    Marco Parolo, 32, 81 OVR. Starting CM.
    Sergej Milinkovic-Savic', 22, 80 OVR. Starting CM.
    Alessandro Murgia, 21, 69 OVR. Future prospect looking for loan move.
    Luca Crecco, 21, 67 OVR. Future prospect looking for loan move.
    Davide Di Gennaro, 29, 72 OVR. Backup.
    Danilo Cataldi, 23, 75 OVR. Rotation Player.
    Joseph Minala, 20, 68 OVR. Rotation Player.
    Luis Alberto, 24, 77 OVR. Starting CAM.
    Ravel Morrison, 24, 74 OVR. Rotation Player.

Attackers
    Felipe Anderson, 24, 81 OVR. Starting RW.
    Malcom, 20, 78 OVR. Recently arrived for 30,000,000 from Girondins de BX.
    Francesco Orlando, 20, 68 OVR. Prospect.
    Ciro Immobile, 27, 82 OVR. Starting ST.
    Alessandro Rossi, 20, 66 OVR. Prospect.
    Simone Palombi, 21, 68 OVR. Prostpect.
    Filip Dordevic, 29, 75 OVR. Transfer Listed.
    Felipe Caicedo, 28, 77 OVR. Rotation Player.
    Keita Balde Diao, 22, 82 OVR. Starting LW, trying to resign but is thinking of leaving.
    Cristiano Lombardi, 22, 70 OVR. Rotation Player.
    Ricardo Kishna, 22, 75 OVR. Rotation Player.
  • JDB44
    DZD1C0NU0AAIecy.jpg
  • JDB44
    DZDwVqXVwAAmHlm.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    2612 posts Fans' Favourite
    You have sold Stefan de Vrij? I don't see him in your squad
  • JDB44

Yes I did. He was actually one of two players that refused a contract extension. Something that rarely happens to me but is a nice twist to the story.
  • Danimal5981
    2612 posts Fans' Favourite
    JDB44 wrote: »

Yes I did. He was actually one of two players that refused a contract extension. Something that rarely happens to me but is a nice twist to the story.

Right, if only it was in the story ;)
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck in your story!! I like to see the Serie A around. It probably was the only big league that didn't have a representation here (at least not since some time ago).

In real life, it's not that I like SS Lazio much, but I'll follow the story closely.
  • JDB44
    subpop wrote: »
    Good luck in your story!! I like to see the Serie A around. It probably was the only big league that didn't have a representation here (at least not since some time ago).

In real life, it's not that I like SS Lazio much, but I'll follow the story closely.

Thanks! Lazio seem like a club that's close to competing at the top but still needs some improvement.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck I did a story with the arch enemy AS Roma last year that was very enjoyable I look forward to following :)
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Good luck on this one. Finally seeing the Serie A (: Hopefully you can give Lazio the last push to become a permanent contender.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Good luck with your thread. I like so much the Serie A and it'll be nice to see a story around this league.
  • JDB44
    DZLTXaUVoAAGaLj?format=jpg
  • WestardLord
    2330 posts Fans' Favourite
    I like the drama, adds some spice.
  • subpop
    Interesting movements. Important players in their way out as some young talents come in. Let's hope they can respond since day 1.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Really interesting movements as nobody is as important as the team spirit. Hope the young players can fill the big footsteps.
  • JDB44
    I like the drama, adds some spice.

Thanks, it does make it a little more exciting.
    Interesting movements. Important players in their way out as some young talents come in. Let's hope they can respond since day 1.

de Vrij could have been very good for me I took but he refused any contract that didn't have him listed as Critical first team and I'm trying to not use that role unless needed. Just to make things different.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Really interesting movements as nobody is as important as the team spirit. Hope the young players can fill the big footsteps.

Balde Diao was very fun to use in preseason but he put us in a tight spot by saying he wants to think about his future, when he only has 11 months left. Kind of a Sanchez/Arsenal situation.
  • JoshDFC
    Shame to see de Vrij go I feel he has the ability to be a great player and I'm surprised he has gone to West Ham
  • JDB44
    DZD1C0NU0AAIecy.jpg
  • JDB44
    DZQfb9MX4AAxeHh.jpg
  • subpop
    Congratulations on the Supercoppa title. What a thriller.

And now a derby to start, which will also be a good test. Good luck.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Definitely a thriller in the Supercoppa. But congrats on your first title! First impression of what the team is capable of. And there are less interesting games to start a season...good luck against Roma.
  • JoshDFC
    What a way to stat the season a fantastic victory against Juventus and now a derby to get the Serie A campaign started good luck against Roma
  • JDB44
    Congratulations on the Supercoppa title. What a thriller.

And now a derby to start, which will also be a good test. Good luck.

Thank you, the way the match started I thought it would be a surprisingly easy victory but then Juve came alive.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Definitely a thriller in the Supercoppa. But congrats on your first title! First impression of what the team is capable of. And there are less interesting games to start a season...good luck against Roma.

Thanks! The team showed they can step up to big games for sure. I'm glad the season starts with Roma, it's nice playing a good team first.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    What a way to stat the season a fantastic victory against Juventus and now a derby to get the Serie A campaign started good luck against Roma

Thank you, wins over Juve and Roma would be a dream start.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    It's always good to start the season with a title, congrats and good luck against Roma.
  • JDB44
    DZVr0tgUQAEeRuV.jpg
    Malcom debuts with 15 minute hat-trick to complete derby comeback

Felipe Anderson put the home side ahead early with a stunning strike in the 25th minute from just outside the box before Dzeko scored his first of three goals to draw even minutes later. Dzeko would add his second right before the half with a headed goal off a corner that was awarded by a poor clearance from Lazio.

The second half started with Anderson scoring his second goal, this time a simple tap in from a rebound off Allison. Dzeko added his third with another header before Bruno Peres put the away side up by two with 20 minutes remaining.

21 year old Malcom made his debut appearance for Lazio in the 70th minute with his side trailing 4-2 in the derby. The pacey winger wasted no time in opening his account, scoring the first time he touched the ball from Anderson's corner that somehow made it's way through the box for Malcom to tap into the empty net.

Malcom would add his second to make it 4-4 ten minutes later with a little flair as he showed off his dribbling ability. Receiving the ball on the wing, Malcom spun past the defender, cut into the box and fired into the top corner to bring the fans out of their seats.

He wasn't done yet, with three minutes remaining Wallace cleared away a Roma corner with a long ball down the wing. Malcom chased it down and had space to work as he split the defenders and found himself one on one with the keeper. Malcom went to the keepers right to finish his hat-trick and give the home side the lead.

Lazio would see out the result, starting the season with a 5-4 victory over cross town rivals. Malcom was awarded Man of the Match for his 20 minutes of play. "I wanted to make a strong debut and show the fans what I can do. I was given the ball in good positions to use my strengths and abilities. It's a great result for us to start the season with and hopefully more will come."
  • JDB44
    DZVvRyLVMAE2PTh.jpg
    Lazio use complete team effort to win first road match of the year

It only took six minutes for Lazio to get on the score sheet with midfielder Milinkovic-Savic finding space at the top of the box and firing a shot between two defenders and past the keeper. Four minutes later Benevento would respond with Venuti scoring from a set piece 30 yards out that hit the bar on the way in.

The rest of the first half saw possession in favor of the away side but nothing could come of it as the half closed 1-1. Felipe Anderson would change the score early in the second half with a counter attacking goal to make it 2-1 before adding his second goal and fourth of the season to put Lazio up 3-1 to all but end the match.

Jordan Lukaku came on as a defensive sub late in the match and ended up scoring off a corner to make it 4-1 with only minutes remaining.

Giosue Vescovo was quick to praise the whole club for his side's performance "These are the victories we as coaches love to see. No one player stood out, it was a complete effort for everyone on the pitch from defense to attack. To score four times while only allowing one, with that one being a miracle striker that you have to give credit for. It was a great performance all around and a big win to keep our momentum going. I was worried of a letdown after beating Juve and Roma with AC Milan next week, this is a game we could have looked past. Instead the guys came to play."
  • JDB44
    Transfer deadline deals

DZLgtf4V4AEkvtQ.jpg

Lazio deals
    DZLgZrXVQAAMu6i.jpg
    (For some reason not pictured, Keita Balde Diao sold to Atletico Madrid for 36m)
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Two hat-tricks in the Derby della Capitale, what a match! Congrats on winning this battle, it gives you a confidence boost to play the upcoming matches.

Ps: I'm very proud to see 3 brazilians scoring in the Derby, especially Malcom.
  • JDB44
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Two hat-tricks in the Derby della Capitale, what a match! Congrats on winning this battle, it gives you a confidence boost to play the upcoming matches.

Ps: I'm very proud to see 3 brazilians scoring in the Derby, especially Malcom.

Malcom has been amazing for me. Him and Felipe Anderson are great paired with Immobile.
  • JDB44
    DZZMLfsXUAAy6ab.jpg:large