Prime R9 Reviews

Mr_footballer1
1912 posts Play-Off Hero
How is he? Any issues with composure, stamina or aggression? Looking for honest reviews before I gut my club to do him

Comments

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Nobody is going to say anything negative less than 24 hours after they spent over 3m on an untradeable.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9501 posts League Winner
    Come up against him twice already this WL and he's nigh on unplayable.

If he gets in a race shoulder to shoulder with your CB's it's pretty much over... just tears forward and can finish with either foot. Show him left, he'll go right - and vice versa. Had him head in from a corner against me too, seems to have it all.

Seems strong as an ox as well.

Really not fun to play against!

• SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    Next level, can’t say about stamina tho. I haven’t made it past half time yet
  • Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Nobody is going to say anything negative less than 24 hours after they spent over 3m on an untradeable.

Very good point Dave. Bias will be high. Have you done him pal?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

No mate. I bought the 94 instead so if I want any TOTS, I can sell him
  • Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero

It does make sense. 3.8 is a lot to tie up right now and come tots time it is gonna be a lot cheaper to do the prime sbc
  • BaseCamp
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    Hes got almost 30 goals for me in 10 division 1 games. 1 of those I got disconnected very early as well. Hes a better pure goal scorer than TOTY Ron because hes simply a better shooter. I'm not gonna start weekend league till tomorrow because I'm busy today but that will be the true test for him.

To me the thing about him is his shooting though. He just bangs them in from a bit further out than anyone else.

• Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero
    Orison wrote: »

I don't think a 5 game loan at the start of the game is representative of how he is in the current meta. He's obviously gonna be amazing but just not sure whether to do him now or not. Gonna be swapping st 96 cr7 for him, he will be a step up for sure but just not sure how big.

Like Dave says will be hard to get an accurate opinion right now. Probably after weekend league people will have a more balanced view.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain

It does make sense. 3.8 is a lot to tie up right now and come tots time it is gonna be a lot cheaper to do the prime sbc

If you do the base icon SBC's and get some good deals + have 88 RVP/Schwein he costs around 3M after packs
  • Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shane wrote: »

If you do the base icon SBC's and get some good deals + have 88 RVP/Schwein he costs around 3M after packs

I got 1.9, 1 87 icon ready and 91 pirlo and 88 bastien. Can dump 96 st Ron for 1.9 mill
  • Jfo88
    22623 posts Club Captain
    I have pretty much trash around him and he is winning me games single handedly. The rage messages he gets you are quite funny as well.
  • Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    I have pretty much trash around him and he is winning me games single handedly. The rage messages he gets you are quite funny as well.

It is very tempting I'll have to admit but it will probably take me all day to do it
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    3 average stats in a sea of dark green. This is like me pointing out the fact that Scarlett Johansson has a tiny mole on her arm.
  • Orison
    48727 posts FIFA Cover Star

I don't think a 5 game loan at the start of the game is representative of how he is in the current meta. He's obviously gonna be amazing but just not sure whether to do him now or not. Gonna be swapping st 96 cr7 for him, he will be a step up for sure but just not sure how big.

Like Dave says will be hard to get an accurate opinion right now. Probably after weekend league people will have a more balanced view.

The "solid, but there are better cards" is basically all you need to know about him
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Monster of a card no doubt about it but if I was strictly playing to win and had to pick one id still go with toty cristiano.. 3.5m though with just six months left for 19 might as well get him just coz it’s R9..
  • dudders
    2343 posts Fans' Favourite
    well I had the loan at the begging of the game and couldn't get on with him just never in position for me felt very clunky , did the prime loan yesterday and same thing , feels a lot smoother than I remember but just not involved enough for me always dropping back , henry completely overshadowing him , will give it more time , really want to like him but so far not convinced about shelling out 3.6 mill on a untradeable.
  • Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    3 average stats in a sea of dark green. This is like me pointing out the fact that Scarlett Johansson has a tiny mole on her arm.

This is true but we all know there is more to a card than just stats
  • Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero

The "solid, but there are better cards" is basically all you need to know about him

Food for thought but who are these better cards?
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Monster of a card no doubt about it but if I was strictly playing to win and had to pick one id still go with toty cristiano.. 3.5m though with just six months left for 19 might as well get him just coz it’s R9..

Seems like lots of top 100 players use R9 as their star player though
  • Finesse_4days
    7255 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018

99ron probably or 83 martial
  • DougInskip
    6383 posts League Winner
    dudders wrote: »
    well I had the loan at the begging of the game and couldn't get on with him just never in position for me felt very clunky , did the prime loan yesterday and same thing , feels a lot smoother than I remember but just not involved enough for me always dropping back , henry completely overshadowing him , will give it more time , really want to like him but so far not convinced about shelling out 3.6 mill on a untradeable.

Fair play man, very honest @dudders I have only used prime Henry and he’s so good
  • Orison
    48727 posts FIFA Cover Star

TOTY CR7 for example.

If you can afford both sure go for it, but if not then I would go with CR7
  • Finesse_4days
    7255 posts Big Money Move
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Come up against him twice already this WL and he's nigh on unplayable.

If he gets in a race shoulder to shoulder with your CB's it's pretty much over... just tears forward and can finish with either foot. Show him left, he'll go right - and vice versa. Had him head in from a corner against me too, seems to have it all.

Seems strong as an ox as well.

Really not fun to play against!

It would be an interesting race prime r9 vs desailly I'm not sure who would win that one
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Seen more pro's use R9 than TOTY CR7 tbh, maybe I'm wrong though
  • Agent VZ
    edited March 2018

All really comes down to personal preference end of the day Shane.. Gorilla for example says the 94 turns like a truck.. I have them both I just feel cr edges it slightly if I had to pick one personally coz of the complete package he offers.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain

All really comes down to personal preference end of the day Shane.. Gorilla for example says the 94 turns like a truck.. I have them both I just feel cr edges it slightly if I had to pick one personally..

96 should feel smoother hopefully
  • Agent VZ

All really comes down to personal preference end of the day Shane.. Gorilla for example says the 94 turns like a truck.. I have them both I just feel cr edges it slightly if I had to pick one personally..

96 should feel smoother hopefully

Awesome card man your gonna enjoy him.. Super price also considering the amount we all thought his sbc was gonna be :joy: .. End of the day it’s R9 we’ve been using the blue crs,messis and Neymar’s year in year out so it’s a no brainer...
  • Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero
    He's getting done at some point that's for sure it's just whether now or wait.

Do we think the base icons will go up after the upgrade is over?
  • FIFA Legend
    738 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    After using the R94 for 700+ games. I can say the biggest difference is balance, agility and speed. This helps immensely with his dribbling. Other than that, it’s the same card. I kind of miss the haircut and his troll face picture. lol