SBC's...

Bellcheddar
1333 posts Professional
edited March 2018
Not sure if this is just me but does anyone else find actually doing SBC's mind numbingingly boring and the opposite of fun?

Just looking at the R9 SBC and to be honest at 3.5 million I would be happy to do it if it was just one squad you had to do. But there's no way I'm gonna build 14 different squads. I just can't be @rsed with that lol. I haven't done any yet as I don't like untradeables but would make an exception for R9.

Anyone else put off by this side of doing SBC's or do you guys actually enjoy doing them?

Comments

• kaaasen
    245 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m exactly the opposite. SBCs are my main reason for playing this pile of crap.
  • silas1980
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2018
    Tbh as the gameplay's utterly terrible it's the only thing left I'm mildly interested in. And when i say interested I mean hopelessly addicted.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    kaaasen wrote: »
    I’m exactly the opposite. SBCs are my main reason for playing this pile of ****.

Lol, fair point the gameplay is bad, I just can't get up for doing these which strikes me as even less fun than playing a match online - and that's saying something!
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Yeah I do be the same, if I don't have players in my club. I'll usually not bother with the sbc.
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m exactly the opposite. SBCs are my main reason for playing this pile of ****.

Absolutely lol the problem is that i used one of my st.patricks cards on schweiny and now i want to complete yaya and need to win two more matches on seasons, which i have zero interest on... I guess i'll just do van persie and move on with my life lol
  • forearms
    5132 posts Big Money Move
    A lot of the people asking about doing untradeable ICONs don't seem to understand that you do them incrementally. I have some SBCs that are at 1/7 complete or 2/8, and others at 5/7 (Van Der Sar)complete, or 5/8 (Petit). If you finish it in one go, good on you, but some just fill them in as they get the players. Obviously not the same with the Base ICON SBC, with the time expiration. But that is how Ive done the 6 in my squad. Was planning on finishing the VDS one, but that was put on hold with the Base ICON SBC.
  • RadioShaq
    15972 posts Moderator
    I dislike them and just futbin them. Sorta ruins the skill of somone who is good or enjoys them. They should have an advantage or be rewarded.
  • LoPo9
    1178 posts Professional
    SBC's can be fun, but it's unfortunate because they cause price fixing and card hoarding. It would be one thing if EA made it hard for you to do, but they don't. Douche bag card hoarders and price fixers make the SBC experience miserable.
  • Joe
    4586 posts National Call-Up
    Nah it's more fun than playing for me. And you get a pack for each one of them, which is fun until you don't get a board from a 100k pack lol.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Joe wrote: »
    Nah it's more fun than playing for me. And you get a pack for each one of them, which is fun until you don't get a board from a 100k pack lol.

I’ve packed David Villa 3 times from a 100k pack. THREE. Livid
  • WellWornBeast
    2147 posts Fans' Favourite

• Onedoesntsimply
    2286 posts Fans' Favourite

This. Entertaining to do, generally decent packs and a great source of profit even if you don't want the rewards. Truth be told SBCs are by far the best thing about FIFA for me.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    Really interesting this. So most people would have given up on fifa altogether already had it not been for the SBC’s? So you do these and avoid actually playing the game and enduring the terrible gameplay then.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    I’ve packed David Villa 3 times from a 100k pack. THREE. Livid

LOL!! I just did the FUT 15 SBC today for a mini gold player pack and got 81 MOTM O'Campos, 84 Ederson, 84 Sterling and 82 Rose in it... nothing like 35,000 coins worth of cards for doing almost nothing.

• Hive
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LoPo9 wrote: »
    SBC's can be fun, but it's unfortunate because they cause price fixing and card hoarding. It would be one thing if EA made it hard for you to do, but they don't. Douche bag card hoarders and price fixers make the SBC experience miserable.

It never fails to amaze me how many people keep ranting against the "unfair price fixers". It's basic supply and demand. If there were no demand for the players, people couldn't put them up for those inflated prices. What do you expect people to do, *not* sell their players for a higher price when people are suddenly willing to pay top dime for them? Do you guys yourselves say "nah I don't want to make that extra 10k on this player, I think I'll just list him at discard price to be nice to some random squad builders"? Come on...

Besides, if people weren't so reliant on known SBC guides to finish the SBCs and instead tried to come up with original solutions, it wouldn't be that much of an issue.
  • SBC's & untradeables >>>>>
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    exactly just like trading and even playing it is a grind a boring mind numbing grind there is nothing in FIFA that is fun
  • Truthurts wrote: »
    exactly just like trading and even playing it is a grind a boring mind numbing grind there is nothing in FIFA that is fun

For you
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Took me 2 freaking hours plus to do Prime Vieira last night, but I managed to do him and Crespo for 1.4 million after packs and unteadeables, which is fantastic imo.
  • RSL183
    767 posts Semi-Pro

HAHAHAHA