Is Messi worth rebuilding for?

Hippyboy6
16858 posts World Class
I currently have this team

Handanovic
Florenzi - 87 Benatia - IF nkoudo - PTG Sandro
PTG SMS - IF Allan - Nainggolan - IF Ramirez
Mertens - PTG Icardi

I have around 500k & was going to get birthday Florenzi & peres but wasn't aware that Messi is in range. PTG Icardi & Sandro are untradeable so I could build a hybrid around those to fit Messi in but is he worth it?

Comments

• coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Is that 4222?

I think you'd enjoy Messi at RM if you switch to 442. Would be a cool hybrid :)
  • Hippyboy6
    16858 posts World Class
    That's currently in 41212 (2) Allan CDM, Ramirez CAM.... Although I'll probably sub Kaka on at CAM at half time now
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    I don't know if you would have to rebuild... can you get rid of Ramirez and Mertens and maybe go with an Argentine three-some (Messi, Higuain, Icardi) up top?
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2018
    Are you opposed to a 4312? Very easy to get him in there if you were wanting to use him at striker

Icardi and Messi up top with mertens CAM, IF Allen under mertens and Paulinho under messi. Whether you want Messi on the left or right just link sandro/Peres to get Paulinho that extra link. Rest can be whoever you want in the serie A. Could also go Dybala at CAM instead of Mertens and that would give you a little more wiggle room on who to link with Messi since you would only need an orange link but Paulinho looks rather decent
  • CraigB85
    1722 posts Play-Off Hero
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    I don't know if you would have to rebuild... can you get rid of Ramirez and Mertens and maybe go with an Argentine three-some (Messi, Higuain, Icardi) up top?

Alejandro Gomez > Higuain IMO
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Get Messi at CAM, thank me later
  • Hippyboy6
    16858 posts World Class
    I couldn't get on with Higuin but Gomez is certainly an option. I don't have any issue with 4312, so that would make things easy.

Is it worth getting him over Florenzi though? Even sounds like a silly question when I type it :joy:
  • Carswell
    8096 posts League Winner

• uhMaZiiNq
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    I couldn't get on with Higuin but Gomez is certainly an option. I don't have any issue with 4312, so that would make things easy.

Is it worth getting him over Florenzi though? Even sounds like a silly question when I type it :joy:

Dybala would work in a 41212(2) since he wouldn't need that second strong link like mertens. I would personally much rather have somebody like Messi over florenzi. Attackers are always more fun to spend the coins on.
  • MyRoomsMessi
    2476 posts Fans' Favourite
    Carswell wrote: »

• LORDarchibald
    99 posts Park Captain
    Messi is fun to use but his stamina is a joke
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    Messi is amazing. His finesse shots go in every time and his dribbling is unreal. You can use the left stick and just weave in and out of defenders to create space.

Probably the most fun I've had on 18 but he's small and not very strong which are his only weaknesses. I played him at ST and RCAM in 4222 and he was amazing in both positions.

I only sold him because I wanted to use the coins elsewhere.