Impossible opponents in squad battles?

PirateW
122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
No, not another post about teams impossible to beat...

I've come up against some opponents on squad battles which seem impossible to recreate and it's made me wonder - are some opponents actually the concept squads of people rather than actual teams?
Three examples from recent memory:
1. Last night's opponents had Ronaldo Nazario 96 up front (the Brazilian prime icon). Is he available yet because I can't find him on transfer market nor see a sbc to earn him. How have my opponents got him?
2. I played against a team with both Rooney and Yaya Toure FUT Birthday versions. You can't buy these, only get them as rewards for submitting 4 St Patrick's players on each, so 8 St. Patrick's players in total. You can't buy St. Patricks players (that I know of), only earn them through weekly rewards. There are 5 to get and you can get them once each. How did my opponents have both those players?
3. A couple of weeks ago I logged on just after 6pm UK time on a Wednesday, no more than 15 minutes after totw was released. I updated squad battles opponents and my opponents had IF Griezmann and someone else who had been released no more than 15 minutes early. I searched on market for that Griezmann and there were none at the time. Either the opponents sniped him (and the other in form) immediately and no-one else was listing (unlikely he'd got that and then I get matched against them), or he'd pulled them both straight after their release (surely can't be that lucky?).

#3 I came against first and just passed it off as them being lucky. #2 I was like "how have they got both of them" and started thinking something was iffy. #1 with Ronaldo last night and I'm like "this can't be right".

I can't explain how some of these teams are created viable - are they concept squads and if so why are they being put against us in squad battles?
I frequently come up against awesome teams with multiple icons, toty, in forms, etc. that are way beyond the budget of 99.99% of players. My only explanation is either that these users teams don't really exist, or they're concept teams to artificially make squad battles more difficult?

Has anyone else come against teams that simply don't seem possible?

Comments

• humjun54
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Reading your post, that could mean r9 comes out tonight. More Irish players for weekly challenges on Friday. But I'm wearing my tinfoil hat pretty hard right now
  • mdizzl3
    12306 posts Has That Special Something
    #1 is impossible, the only loan card was a 94 I think for those who bought the icon version of the game.

#2 is likely loan cards. I had both at one point.

#3 is just luck, someone needs to pack the first cards available
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13937 posts Has That Special Something
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    #1 is impossible, the only loan card was a 94 I think for those who bought the icon version of the game.

deffo loan cards your spot on
  • PirateW
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

If I get home before 6pm I'll take picture and upload of the squad battle with Ronaldo 96 on it to evidence that he's already in my opponents team.
    Loan cards I didn't think of for the FUT Birthday players but that makes absolute sense (I just forgot that they don't have the blue loan indication border around them for opponents on squad battles so didn't consider that).
    Agree that someone has to pull those informs but for them to have pulled them both (before any others were even on the transfer market), and put them both into a squad, and for that squad to come out against me all within a few minutes of the players coming into packs seemed a bit far fetched.

I still think that concept teams are put against us.
  • PirateW
    Ok here's the link for proof that I had an opponent with 96 Prime Ronaldo in their squad before he was released
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtasvedxI0vOgQGhffmUiT9VyY_a

The clip was recorded at 10:27pm last night.
    Those opponents are Wednesdays opponents with 96 Prime Ronaldo.
    I updated Wednesday's opponents, as seen in the video so that Thursday's opponents came up. You can see top right the time until the next opponent update (which will be today's opponents).

So although someone has said it's impossible, here's the evidence that it did happen.

I always check my opponents before I play so I can see if anyone's bronze benching. I pick the order of my games based on perceived difficulty and use squad rotation for fitness, hence me seeing 96 Prime Ronaldo in that squad on Wednesday.

Can anyone explain how they had him before he was released, not even loans can explain this.
  • Kasuyo
    418 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2018
    If that is the case then EA will be creating the teams not actual people.

So really how can they get a player before he has been released, it has to be EA making the teams up. Didn't tell us about that then did they, sneaky buggers.
  • Nobber93
    1354 posts Play-Off Hero
    The icon edition gave you 96 Ronaldo on loan so that’s that explained.