too early now to sell up for TOTS?

BC_United
1001 posts Professional
below is my team and i'm only concerned about the 3 TOTY cards coz they're all worth 1M+ each and are bound to drop (especially if they make it to TOTS) so my questions are:

1. Will it be too much of a downgrade to replace either Kane or KDB with FB Rooney? If not, then it's worth freeing up 1-1.5M coins by selling one of them

2. Some YouTubers started videos about selling up this week but, since TOTS won't start for another month plus a crash just happened last week, am i better off holding for another 2 weeks or so and hope the TOTY prices would recover a bit?

3. Of the 3 TOTY cards i have, which is/are locked for TOTS? I would want to sell the one(s) that is/are lock(s) in advance as their prices will definitely drop . On the other hand, I might keep the one(s) that will probably not make it to TOTS as i bought all 3 of them when fresh

Thanks

pMg8Ho6.jpg

Comments

• YOLOT0URE
    6970 posts Big Money Move
    Kante won’t get tots other 2 will
  • iBarçaBoy
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero
    i should keep the TOTY cards because they will still be the best.
  • Nen
    4365 posts Moderator
    Honestly, just enjoy the game, ride out the coin losses.

Even when TOTS is out you then have the do i buy on release or wait for the re-release...
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »

Kante very slim chance right? Might sell the other 2 b4 the next crash then
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    iBarçaBoy wrote: »
    i should keep the TOTY cards because they will still be the best.

true but if the TOTS is -1 rated and half the price then i wouldn't mind downgrading to buy a few more TOTS/Icons with the same coins
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    edited March 2018
    Nen wrote: »
    Honestly, just enjoy the game, ride out the coin losses.

Even when TOTS is out you then have the do i buy on release or wait for the re-release...

true, i never get it right... last year PL TOTS were lowest on the 1st weekend so i missed the boat and had to wait out for the re-release which is like another month

this year i thought that would be the same for TOTY and bought during 1st weekend which turned out to be way too early...

honestly dunno whens' the best time to buy during this upcoming TOTS
  • Meroblastic91
    429 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Imagine having 5 Million coins and building this
  • Sanchezzzz
    3883 posts National Call-Up
    lol
  • Nervous_Nick
    5286 posts Big Money Move
    Kane will get a tots and it will be cheap like last year.
    KDB tots will still be expensive.
    Kantè won't get a tots card.

I'd sell Kane.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    You’re so tight I bet you wouldn’t give a door a bang
  • HotDog89
    331 posts Sunday League Hero

• Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    BC_United wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »

Kante very slim chance right? Might sell the other 2 b4 the next crash then

Kante no chance I would have thought
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional

I'd sell Kane.

what makes you think Kane will be cheap and KDB will be expensive? more ST options than CAMs for TOTS?

would FB Rooney be fine to replace Kane then? (at least until TOTS)
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    HotDog89 wrote: »

I would love to try other leagues but i'd buy some icons to hybrid b4 doing so..... however not touching icons until all primes are released or else i can lose 1M overnight like what just happened to 94R9
  • Addicksfan
    3293 posts National Call-Up
    Why sell the TOTY cards? the TOTS versions if they get them won't better the TOTY versions.

I'd look to keep that team enjoy it and trade with any spare coins, look to make around 10K a day and you'll have quite a bit come TOTS.
  • Nervous_Nick

I'd sell Kane.

what makes you think Kane will be cheap and KDB will be expensive? more ST options than CAMs for TOTS?

fifa17 tots Kane max price was 400k. He was 180k by the end of june.
    KDB tots stayed at 700-800k pretty much til the end of the game.

• BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Why sell the TOTY cards? the TOTS versions if they get them won't better the TOTY versions.

I'd look to keep that team enjoy it and trade with any spare coins, look to make around 10K a day and you'll have quite a bit come TOTS.

good point... however aa -1 rated card probably won't make a big difference but definitely better value for $?

i've around 1.5M coins atm and loads of IFs/NIFs i previously packed which i sell whenever they are required by SBCs but still if i want to build a full blue/icons team by TOTS i'm not sure if i'd have enough coins
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional

I'd sell Kane.

fifa17 tots Kane max price was 400k. He was 180k by the end of june.
    KDB tots stayed at 700-800k pretty much til the end of the game.

true... TOTS Kane seemed a bargain last year but heard TOTY Kane this year is a different level right? So not sure if the upcoming TOTS Kane would be more like last year's TOTS or this year's TOTY. If it's like the TOTY would it still be one of the best STs which keep his price high compared to last year?

I'm not sure as i haven't tried TOTS Kane last year so can't really tell the difference
  • Nervous_Nick
    Tots Kane in fifa17 had pretty much the same stats as fifa18's toty
  • Orison
    48694 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited March 2018

I would love to try other leagues but i'd buy some icons to hybrid b4 doing so..... however not touching icons until all primes are released or else i can lose 1M overnight like what just happened to 94R9

Very weak argument considering you could have bought Vieira, Desailly and friends ages ago.

You got a boring PL team for months now and in the mean time those TOTYs dropped a considerable amount as well.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    edited March 2018
    Orison wrote: »

Very weak argument considering you could have bought Vieira, Desailly and friends ages ago.

You got a boring PL team for months now and in the mean time those TOTYs dropped a considerable amount as well.

I see your point. But to me PL teams aren’t boring cuz I’ve never had one in 16 and 17. Yes I’m bored of PL teams beating my full TOTS team last year but not bored of owning one lol.

Re Vieira yes he’s probably the best cdm but I got bored of owning him 2 years in a row so I don’t see myself splashing over 1M to own him.

Desailly, I just don’t see spending that much on a CB

Also I bought icons early last year and lost tons on them

Whereas TOTY cards. They aren’t in packs anymore so price should hold better than Icons. TOTY Kane and KDB aren’t boring to me cuz I’ve never owned their tots last year. I bought and sold tots Kante last year within a week so aren’t bored of him anyways.

The point I’m trying to make is, boring or not, it’s all relative
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I know I always say this on your threads but you spend far too much time worrying about coins.

I’ve lost about 3.5/4m since Jan. I do not care. I’ve tried different players, various icons and I play the game. Players come down. The million I lost on Ronaldinho was worth it for how good he was. Same for R90. Lost hundreds of thousands on Maradonna and ST Ronaldo etc.

So what? I’ve still got enough to make an awesome team with players I like. More coins would obviously be better. If I hadn’t bought those players and used a cheap team/untradeables I could have got R9 and Gullit tonight. And an awesome team around them. But I want to actually play and not just trade or play with rubbish cheap players like everyone does with Bakayoko etc.

This week is the first time ever that I’ve sold everything and sat on coins. I only did it on Sunday and I’m BORED! It’s all getting spent tonight! Lol
  • RadioShaq
    15101 posts Moderator
    What day was tots last year?
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional
    sell up now and use a cheap squad until tots which will be in about 5 weeks time
  • Nervous_Nick
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    What day was tots last year?

May 12th.
    EPL tots may 17th.
  • Jfo88
    22622 posts Club Captain
    Who cares you have the most boring generic Prem team and you will have the same at TOTS just keep your cards
  • TerryTenMen
    92 posts Park Captain
    Here we go, the usual people moaning about generic teams. What's the consensus on non generic around here, some 75 rated players they probably havent heard of boosted up to 84 because of some IF's or random 3rd bank holiday half moon special edition bronze?
  • Danic123
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    Game will be dead a couple of weeks after TOTS.

The world cup mode will role out and it’ll be all about that. Worth selling players now for around two weeks worth of interest?

Probably not I’d say.
  • Orison
    48694 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Who cares you have the most boring generic Prem team and you will have the same at TOTS just keep your cards

Sounds about right
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    I know I always say this on your threads but you spend far too much time worrying about coins.

I’ve lost about 3.5/4m since Jan. I do not care. I’ve tried different players, various icons and I play the game. Players come down. The million I lost on Ronaldinho was worth it for how good he was. Same for R90. Lost hundreds of thousands on Maradonna and ST Ronaldo etc.

So what? I’ve still got enough to make an awesome team with players I like. More coins would obviously be better. If I hadn’t bought those players and used a cheap team/untradeables I could have got R9 and Gullit tonight. And an awesome team around them. But I want to actually play and not just trade or play with rubbish cheap players like everyone does with Bakayoko etc.

This week is the first time ever that I’ve sold everything and sat on coins. I only did it on Sunday and I’m BORED! It’s all getting spent tonight! Lol

Lol again thanks for reminding me in all my threads. But you do trade and profit a lot to make up for all those losses right? The thing is I’m in Asia time zone so whether it be sniping a bargain during lightning rounds or maximising my profit in trading by selling in hype or by selling right after a new sbc is released means that I’ve to stay up to at least 2-4am. I’m a married man with a full time job so that’s not easy. Also I’m not like I used to be 10-20 years ago so even to stay up late during weekends to do this makes me feel sick and tired the following day.

So, in short, trading in Fifa is very unhealthy for me thus I’m so careful with my coins as I don’t wanna stay up for so many nights just to get the cards I want.

Maybe I’m just too old for Fifa after all and should quit lol