FUT Birthday Rooney Appreciation

VanBasten12
6784 posts Big Money Move
Ok ... going to create this one. Would not have thought I would actually do it, but after 20 goals in 12 games (first one being a mess and quick quit), I thought I'd make this.

Given he costs 45k and a bit of effort, he's a great bargain! And yeah, as with these high-rated SBC's, can always be thrown into a latter SBC.

Using him as a CAM in 352, all games bar 2 were played in D1. He's performed incredibly well and helped with a 7-2-0 season and the title.

My take on him ...
• Pace - good, no issues there.
• Shooting - best long shot taker in the game for me. And, I love to take long shots!
• Passing - what you'd expect with those stats
• Dribbling - obviously he's a bit stocky so it's not as smooth as others. It's enough though
• Physical - a great attribute of his playing at CAM - outmuscled many and as someone else mentioned, his heading has been surprisingly good.

Comments

• VanBasten12
    edited March 2018
    First goal:
    QRc2gO4.gif

Movement on the ball
    QXAjMXU.gif

Cross-goal long shot (with the stupid keeper animation)
    qkuHzB0.gif

Just thump it
    Eu1J3Gg.gif

Love the dip, so close
    dIEdR24.gif

Near post
    308A2Se.gif

First time again
    ZWsg7k4.gif

Hat-trick #1 - Nice try keeper
    nXuDJes.gif

Hat-trick #2 - Assisted by Jordi, first time strike
    EMTN6WC.gif

Hat-trick - #3
    4SvQSFc.gif
  • OneLegWanderer
    473 posts An Exciting Prospect
    im playing him at striker in a 4222 with ptg firmino at CAM and hes got 16 goals in 12 games so far, i love him

theres the odd game where he doesnt feel involved so i switch him and firmino and BANG hes back in the game, the most fun striker ive used this fifa tbh

some of those goals you scored are exactly the type im scoring with him, awesome
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've been using him wide cm he's brilliant
  • Hollandman
    4860 posts National Call-Up
    Aaaah wanna save my coins for another baby icon,remove this topic otherwise im tempted to do hes Sbc
  • TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    Completed him yesterday and threw him up top with Larsson, scores 4 on his debut :joy: seems to fit my play style perfectly as his link up play is brilliant. Mahrez still pulls the strings at cam (can’t reccomend highly enough) but front 3 seems very capable now, looking forward to WL
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Don’t know whether to play him cam or striker
  • Danic123
    4646 posts National Call-Up
    RCM in a 41212 narrow - he’s been brilliant so far. And the good part is I haven’t even been trying to get him involved as I’m not a fan boy.

Allowed me to move POTM Kane up to striker too, so win win really.
  • Antparry92
    20878 posts Club Captain
    I’ve got two paddy’s cards, need another 2, which I’m doubtful that I’ll get tbh.

I played against RVP and Rooney last night and I’ve got to say RVP was definitely the more dangerous of the two
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    I’ve got two paddy’s cards, need another 2, which I’m doubtful that I’ll get tbh.

I played against RVP and Rooney last night and I’ve got to say RVP was definitely the more dangerous of the two

It’s weird I never play more than 20 games in a week but for this card I had to :lol:
  • Rb10119
    3533 posts National Call-Up
    Always struggle finding a decent RCM but Rooney has been a beast so far
  • Antparry92
    20878 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »

It’s weird I never play more than 20 games in a week but for this card I had to :lol:

I need to do luck of the Irish and 9 online wins. I got 3 wins out of 4 last night but doubtful I’ll get back on in time to do the rest
  • FrankFrank
    9071 posts League Winner
    @VanBasten12 Think he could partner Prime Crespo well as a striker?
  • TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    FrankFrank wrote: »

Definitely, I have him with Prime Larsson and it’s deadly
  • CovLee_Candice
    5108 posts Big Money Move
    Try play him at cf position :D
  • JBC03FC
    3337 posts National Call-Up
    He is sensational.
  • Hollandman
    4860 posts National Call-Up
    Finally i have him to,cant wait to use him.Striker or cm?Partnering 87 Son in 4312 or cm with Prime Bergkamp and 86 Viera.
  • Trobos_Locos
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am having a hard time to create an Hybrid squad to use Rooney as a CAM and have him with full chem.
  • VanBasten12
    FrankFrank wrote: »

@FrankFrank ... only used him at CAM, but I do think he has the goods to play at ST. Partnering with the likes of Crespo would be needed, IMO.
  • VanBasten12
    Hollandman wrote: »
    Finally i have him to,cant wait to use him.Striker or cm?Partnering 87 Son in 4312 or cm with Prime Bergkamp and 86 Viera.

Positon will depend on your play style.

He's not my type of striker, but given his long shot ability, playing him at CM is too far back for me. Has to be CAM for me.
  • VanBasten12
    Try play him at cf position :D

I don't use formations that use a CF. But, I have no doubt that he'll be good in that position.
  • Mr. Soper
    3974 posts National Call-Up
    using him as CCAM on 4231 magical
  • CR7BRUH
    4114 posts National Call-Up
    He's very very good
  • JBC03FC
    3337 posts National Call-Up
    Find him better than kaka being honest. Probably play him cam behind 87 son or sbc cristiano and prime dinho.
  • Brownie1524
    9172 posts League Winner
    :heart::heart::heart:
    First shot of his debut :lol:
    P1JWMlG.gif
  • Pikachu
    9274 posts League Winner
    I appreciated using him to get Gullit. Does that count?
  • VanBasten12
    Pikachu wrote: »
    I appreciated using him to get Gullit. Does that count?

No. Go away :lol:
  • DWR
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He’s been amazing for me. 5 games, 5 goals, 5 assists playing CAM in a 4-3-3 - SPOTM Kane is struggling up top with wingers though so I may convert him back into a ST.