Romario or Neymar?

1
FGseixas
530 posts An Exciting Prospect
Who do you guys think is better?

For me, and almost every brazilian, is Romario.
I'd like to know the opinion from foreigners...so
Romario or Neymar?

Comments

  • Pocketsquareguy
    4863 posts Big Money Move
    Romário. Not close IMO. I’m from the US. Only people that will say Neymar are really young.
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    Neymar is pretty top tier (right under Cristiano Ronaldo/Messi) but uh, the international standard is WC >>> Euro/Copa America and rest is just supplemental

    Romario led Brazil in 94 like Ronaldo did in 02 for the WC and they won the Copa America together in 95 and 97 and individually in 89/99. Legends of the game (Ronaldo more so) No one care that they didnt win the UCL.
  • Hive
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ronaldo above both Ronaldinho in his prime as well. But yeah, Romario for sure.
  • Lcfc
    2490 posts Fans' Favourite
    Romario all day
    Neymar Is well over rated
  • Blackbird10
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think Neymar may surpass him one day, but probably needs to lead his team to multiple CL titles or a World Cup to do so.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    Lmao Neymar can’t sniff Romario socks... and I’m a Neymar fanboy.. sorry he’s time may come but he hasn’t achieved anything yet outside of an Olympic gold medal...
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    joe666 wrote: »
    Lmao Neymar can’t sniff Romario socks... and I’m a Neymar fanboy.. sorry he’s time may come but he hasn’t achieved anything yet outside of an Olympic gold medal...

    I don't care for Neymar but the current Brazilian national doesn't have any game changing players besides him and Marcelo. All the other players mentioned here all won the WC playing with some of the best players around at the time. Kind of silly to rate players based on trophies, even the best player wouldn't win anything with a terrible team.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    joe666 wrote: »
    Lmao Neymar can’t sniff Romario socks... and I’m a Neymar fanboy.. sorry he’s time may come but he hasn’t achieved anything yet outside of an Olympic gold medal...

    I don't care for Neymar but the current Brazilian national doesn't have any game changing players besides him and Marcelo. All the other players mentioned here all won the WC playing with some of the best players around at the time. Kind of silly to rate players based on trophies, even the best player wouldn't win anything with a terrible team.

    Let’s just say we disagree n leave it there. Romario absolutely should be rated above Neymar and it’s not even close. Guys a legend. Carried Brazil to a world title and didn’t have r9, r10, on those teams to help him. He won the golden boot of the tourney for a reason. In the biggest stage he was magical.
  • Alex_cr
    4811 posts National Call-Up
    I am completely biased here because Romario is my second favourite player ever behind Roberto Baggio. But even with my bias I think it’s safe to say Neymar hasn’t got close to Romario yet.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Romario
  • Purplejacket
    2394 posts Fans' Favourite
    Im assumung most of you never watched romario play, just youtube videos.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    joe666 wrote: »
    Lmao Neymar can’t sniff Romario socks... and I’m a Neymar fanboy.. sorry he’s time may come but he hasn’t achieved anything yet outside of an Olympic gold medal...

    I don't care for Neymar but the current Brazilian national doesn't have any game changing players besides him and Marcelo. All the other players mentioned here all won the WC playing with some of the best players around at the time. Kind of silly to rate players based on trophies, even the best player wouldn't win anything with a terrible team.

    I’m definitely not a Ronaldo fan boy, his arrogance is embarrassing at times, but that fact that Portugal won Euro 16 with one of the worst teams they’ve ever produced ruins your logic.

    Saved them from going out in the group stage with two goals, goal in the semi final, plus 3 other assists. Remember that team had Renato Sanchez and a 52 year old Richard Carvalho in it.

    As for Romario and Neymar. Romario without a doubt, what a player!
  • DeCaje
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maybe discuss it when Neymar's career is over, because right now he's way too young to be compared with someone who's already been retired for a good while..
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    Lmao Neymar can’t sniff Romario socks... and I’m a Neymar fanboy.. sorry he’s time may come but he hasn’t achieved anything yet outside of an Olympic gold medal...

    I don't care for Neymar but the current Brazilian national doesn't have any game changing players besides him and Marcelo. All the other players mentioned here all won the WC playing with some of the best players around at the time. Kind of silly to rate players based on trophies, even the best player wouldn't win anything with a terrible team.

    I’m definitely not a Ronaldo fan boy, his arrogance is embarrassing at times, but that fact that Portugal won Euro 16 with one of the worst teams they’ve ever produced ruins your logic.

    Saved them from going out in the group stage with two goals, goal in the semi final, plus 3 other assists. Remember that team had Renato Sanchez and a 52 year old Richard Carvalho in it.

    As for Romario and Neymar. Romario without a doubt, what a player!

    I watched most of the tournament and Portugal including Ronaldo were complete **** barring 1 game. Please don't have the audacity to tell me he carried his team when they got through on luck in almost every game. Had they not changed the rules for the group stage, they would've dropped out because of his missed penalty. Teams can win on luck and on ref decisions even if they are awful. If you don't have those either of those things you aren't winning without a good team.
  • Joestoe
    4699 posts National Call-Up
    Romario by a country mile. Saw him perform at PSV as well in the early days.

    Neymar kinda ruins himself for me with his awful behavior. For me, he's the personification of everything wrong with football; money hungry, out of touch with reality, no regard/respect for anybody else but himself and so on. Great player, truly awful personality.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2018
    DeCaje wrote: »
    Maybe discuss it when Neymar's career is over, because right now he's way too young to be compared with someone who's already been retired for a good while..

    na, its not too young. Neymar doesnt have the ability that romario had and never will either, and im the biggest neymar fan on these forums. Neymar is great, great player.... but when you compare against players like romario, R9, he cannot be named in the same sentence as them. Hes not clinical, hes not clutch, neymar jr is a great player like ronadinho was, exciting to watch, entertaining.... but just falls short in some areas. Hence when he got bounced out of Champions league alrdy. Powerhouse of a team, most money ever spent, and neymar didnt even lead them out the 1st rd agaisnt a beaten down Old Madrid team that rdy to fall. Im a fan , but il always be honest.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Romario was better than messi and ronaldo let alone neymar.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    Lmao Neymar can’t sniff Romario socks... and I’m a Neymar fanboy.. sorry he’s time may come but he hasn’t achieved anything yet outside of an Olympic gold medal...

    I don't care for Neymar but the current Brazilian national doesn't have any game changing players besides him and Marcelo. All the other players mentioned here all won the WC playing with some of the best players around at the time. Kind of silly to rate players based on trophies, even the best player wouldn't win anything with a terrible team.

    I’m definitely not a Ronaldo fan boy, his arrogance is embarrassing at times, but that fact that Portugal won Euro 16 with one of the worst teams they’ve ever produced ruins your logic.

    Saved them from going out in the group stage with two goals, goal in the semi final, plus 3 other assists. Remember that team had Renato Sanchez and a 52 year old Richard Carvalho in it.

    As for Romario and Neymar. Romario without a doubt, what a player!

    I watched most of the tournament and Portugal including Ronaldo were complete **** barring 1 game. Please don't have the audacity to tell me he carried his team when they got through on luck in almost every game. Had they not changed the rules for the group stage, they would've dropped out because of his missed penalty. Teams can win on luck and on ref decisions even if they are awful. If you don't have those either of those things you aren't winning without a good team.

    Yeh mate, you’re right. Portugal won a major international tournament, coming ahead of Germany, France, Spain and other top European nations playing terrible all the time. Ronaldo scored 3 and had 3 assists. His goals and assists at important times helped them win the tournament, he even won the ballon d’or because of his euro and champs league performance. Hence why your logic of best players can’t win with a terrible team is flawed. Portugal were on paper terrible. But carried by a 1 world class player and a few very good ones.

    Please stop embarrassing yourself.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Two different types of players. Neymar is the player Denilson was meant to become.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Two different types of players. Neymar is the player Denilson was meant to become.

    Those Denilson step overs. A thing of beauty.
  • Pieman
    471 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lcfc wrote: »
    Romario all day
    Neymar Is well over rated

  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    i grew up watching romario play for brazil and barca (with my other favorite stoichkov) so this is a no brainer to me. he was fantastic at teh 94 wc. i was legit heartbroken when he couldnt go to the 98
  • Primal
    4347 posts National Call-Up
    romario was imense and ovbiously better than neymar is atm. can't see how were even comparing the two. neymar is good though.
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    Lmao Neymar can’t sniff Romario socks... and I’m a Neymar fanboy.. sorry he’s time may come but he hasn’t achieved anything yet outside of an Olympic gold medal...

    I don't care for Neymar but the current Brazilian national doesn't have any game changing players besides him and Marcelo. All the other players mentioned here all won the WC playing with some of the best players around at the time. Kind of silly to rate players based on trophies, even the best player wouldn't win anything with a terrible team.

    I’m definitely not a Ronaldo fan boy, his arrogance is embarrassing at times, but that fact that Portugal won Euro 16 with one of the worst teams they’ve ever produced ruins your logic.

    Saved them from going out in the group stage with two goals, goal in the semi final, plus 3 other assists. Remember that team had Renato Sanchez and a 52 year old Richard Carvalho in it.

    As for Romario and Neymar. Romario without a doubt, what a player!

    I watched most of the tournament and Portugal including Ronaldo were complete **** barring 1 game. Please don't have the audacity to tell me he carried his team when they got through on luck in almost every game. Had they not changed the rules for the group stage, they would've dropped out because of his missed penalty. Teams can win on luck and on ref decisions even if they are awful. If you don't have those either of those things you aren't winning without a good team.

    Yeh mate, you’re right. Portugal won a major international tournament, coming ahead of Germany, France, Spain and other top European nations playing terrible all the time. Ronaldo scored 3 and had 3 assists. His goals and assists at important times helped them win the tournament, he even won the ballon d’or because of his euro and champs league performance. Hence why your logic of best players can’t win with a terrible team is flawed. Portugal were on paper terrible. But carried by a 1 world class player and a few very good ones.

    Please stop embarrassing yourself.

    Yeah brilliant performance not showing up for 95% of the tournament by him or his teammates :D

    Don't embarass yourself either, you must've watched a different European Cup.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    Lmao Neymar can’t sniff Romario socks... and I’m a Neymar fanboy.. sorry he’s time may come but he hasn’t achieved anything yet outside of an Olympic gold medal...

    I don't care for Neymar but the current Brazilian national doesn't have any game changing players besides him and Marcelo. All the other players mentioned here all won the WC playing with some of the best players around at the time. Kind of silly to rate players based on trophies, even the best player wouldn't win anything with a terrible team.

    I’m definitely not a Ronaldo fan boy, his arrogance is embarrassing at times, but that fact that Portugal won Euro 16 with one of the worst teams they’ve ever produced ruins your logic.

    Saved them from going out in the group stage with two goals, goal in the semi final, plus 3 other assists. Remember that team had Renato Sanchez and a 52 year old Richard Carvalho in it.

    As for Romario and Neymar. Romario without a doubt, what a player!

    I watched most of the tournament and Portugal including Ronaldo were complete **** barring 1 game. Please don't have the audacity to tell me he carried his team when they got through on luck in almost every game. Had they not changed the rules for the group stage, they would've dropped out because of his missed penalty. Teams can win on luck and on ref decisions even if they are awful. If you don't have those either of those things you aren't winning without a good team.

    Yeh mate, you’re right. Portugal won a major international tournament, coming ahead of Germany, France, Spain and other top European nations playing terrible all the time. Ronaldo scored 3 and had 3 assists. His goals and assists at important times helped them win the tournament, he even won the ballon d’or because of his euro and champs league performance. Hence why your logic of best players can’t win with a terrible team is flawed. Portugal were on paper terrible. But carried by a 1 world class player and a few very good ones.

    Please stop embarrassing yourself.

    Yeah brilliant performance not showing up for 95% of the tournament by him or his teammates :D

    You do realise they won it right?
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2018
    Mdx wrote: »
    Romario was better than messi and ronaldo let:D
    Post edited by RandomLhama83 on
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    No idea. Im not 50..

    But by the laws of internet I must say the old guy who retired ages ago even tho I dont really know anything about him, or be labeled as a kid who doesnt know anything about football.. So Romario is my answer
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    Lmao Neymar can’t sniff Romario socks... and I’m a Neymar fanboy.. sorry he’s time may come but he hasn’t achieved anything yet outside of an Olympic gold medal...

    I don't care for Neymar but the current Brazilian national doesn't have any game changing players besides him and Marcelo. All the other players mentioned here all won the WC playing with some of the best players around at the time. Kind of silly to rate players based on trophies, even the best player wouldn't win anything with a terrible team.

    I’m definitely not a Ronaldo fan boy, his arrogance is embarrassing at times, but that fact that Portugal won Euro 16 with one of the worst teams they’ve ever produced ruins your logic.

    Saved them from going out in the group stage with two goals, goal in the semi final, plus 3 other assists. Remember that team had Renato Sanchez and a 52 year old Richard Carvalho in it.

    As for Romario and Neymar. Romario without a doubt, what a player!

    I watched most of the tournament and Portugal including Ronaldo were complete **** barring 1 game. Please don't have the audacity to tell me he carried his team when they got through on luck in almost every game. Had they not changed the rules for the group stage, they would've dropped out because of his missed penalty. Teams can win on luck and on ref decisions even if they are awful. If you don't have those either of those things you aren't winning without a good team.

    Yeh mate, you’re right. Portugal won a major international tournament, coming ahead of Germany, France, Spain and other top European nations playing terrible all the time. Ronaldo scored 3 and had 3 assists. His goals and assists at important times helped them win the tournament, he even won the ballon d’or because of his euro and champs league performance. Hence why your logic of best players can’t win with a terrible team is flawed. Portugal were on paper terrible. But carried by a 1 world class player and a few very good ones.

    Please stop embarrassing yourself.

    Yeah brilliant performance not showing up for 95% of the tournament by him or his teammates :D

    You do realise they won it right?

    Yeah, they won it playing terrible and getting matched with average teams, what is your point? You act like this is the first time a team won a tournament despite playing poorly.

    I don't care regardless, they have no bearing on my life. Regardless, this was a discussion about whether Neymar was better than other Brazilian legends. He is scoring more than them and he's getting flogged because he hasn't won a WC.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2018
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    Lmao Neymar can’t sniff Romario socks... and I’m a Neymar fanboy.. sorry he’s time may come but he hasn’t achieved anything yet outside of an Olympic gold medal...

    I don't care for Neymar but the current Brazilian national doesn't have any game changing players besides him and Marcelo. All the other players mentioned here all won the WC playing with some of the best players around at the time. Kind of silly to rate players based on trophies, even the best player wouldn't win anything with a terrible team.

    I’m definitely not a Ronaldo fan boy, his arrogance is embarrassing at times, but that fact that Portugal won Euro 16 with one of the worst teams they’ve ever produced ruins your logic.

    Saved them from going out in the group stage with two goals, goal in the semi final, plus 3 other assists. Remember that team had Renato Sanchez and a 52 year old Richard Carvalho in it.

    As for Romario and Neymar. Romario without a doubt, what a player!

    I watched most of the tournament and Portugal including Ronaldo were complete **** barring 1 game. Please don't have the audacity to tell me he carried his team when they got through on luck in almost every game. Had they not changed the rules for the group stage, they would've dropped out because of his missed penalty. Teams can win on luck and on ref decisions even if they are awful. If you don't have those either of those things you aren't winning without a good team.

    Yeh mate, you’re right. Portugal won a major international tournament, coming ahead of Germany, France, Spain and other top European nations playing terrible all the time. Ronaldo scored 3 and had 3 assists. His goals and assists at important times helped them win the tournament, he even won the ballon d’or because of his euro and champs league performance. Hence why your logic of best players can’t win with a terrible team is flawed. Portugal were on paper terrible. But carried by a 1 world class player and a few very good ones.

    Please stop embarrassing yourself.

    Yeah brilliant performance not showing up for 95% of the tournament by him or his teammates :D

    You do realise they won it right?

    Yeah, they won it playing terrible and getting matched with average teams, what is your point? You act like this is the first time a team won a tournament despite playing poorly.

    But that’s not my argument. You said great players can’t win anything with a terrible team around them. Portugal were terrible, and Ronaldo is a great player, hence why I said your logic is flawed.
  • Lizardo
    903 posts Semi-Pro
    Romário all the way.
    There's no comparison possible!!
Sign In or Register to comment.