FIFA 19 Wish List

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
So after taking a break from FIFA for quite a while I came back for the FUT birthday promo to try and have some fun. Didn’t last long as the game has too many flaws for me to enjoy more than a game or two a day at most. Anyways, here’s what I hope they fix for FIFA 19. Feel free to add some of your own.

Simple changes:
Stop making the ball go through my legs. Can’t count how many times I positioned myself for a block or interception only for my player to split his legs open to let it through.

No more auto anything. If I’m controlling a player, only my inputs should do anything. No auto clearance, no auto lunges, nothing. Let me be in full control. Auto switching as well. Stop.

Tone the AI assistance down even more. The beginning of 18 saw a low amount of AI help and a lot of people were struggling. There was a learning curve and they whined so it changed back to everybody holding RB and/or A for the entire game so they don’t have to do much.

Don’t fiddle around with card releases. Prime R9 still not being in this far into the game cycle is shameful. All icons should be available from the very start.

More communication. Explain everything about how the game works. What each rating does exactly, explain differences I.e. 80 sprint speed vs. 90. How big of a difference is that really?

More complicated:
Change FUT Champs entirely. Weekend league has absolutely burnt everybody out and it needs to be removed. Make it a constant ladder system where you can play as many games as you want whenever you want and you’ll always be matched with your skill level.

Scrap chemistry and/or chem styles. I personally would love if I could play whoever I wanted no matter who else was in the team. If that’s not possible, scrap chem styles. Everyone should play to their card stats.

If you have any others feel free to share or comment on mine!

Comments

• Milanista28
    1143 posts Professional
    I wanted it last year but we didn't get it, Better stats!!!

Defenders and GK should have clean sheets at the very least, I'd love to see passing % and heat maps for all players.
  • gettysburg11
    1727 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is a small thing but it still bugs me. The ball should never hit the ref, and players should never have their progress impeded by the ref.
  • Sanchezzzz
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Fun.
  • BuffonJuve93
    1168 posts Professional
    Tournaments. Use for silver and bronze players other than as SBC fodders.
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2018
    Removal of the things we are not allowed to speak about on here..

Script/momentum etc :trollface:
  • Hujaber
    4842 posts Big Money Move
    free to play. that's the dream
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Hujaber wrote: »
    free to play. that's the dream

Never going to happen. If it was a new game created today then that’s how it would be but they aren’t going to throw away hundreds of millions in revenue for no reason.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10201 posts Has That Special Something
    This is a small thing but it still bugs me. The ball should never hit the ref, and players should never have their progress impeded by the ref.

It happens in real life.
  • JBC03FC
    3336 posts National Call-Up
    No wish list, wont play it.
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move

It happens in real life.
    A game shouldn’t have elements of randomness especially in an e-sport
  • Knowlesdinho
    10201 posts Has That Special Something
    I’d like to see tournaments back.

This one is more of a fantasy, I’d also like all people who just jockey around instead of attempting a tackle, removed from the game. I reached what I think is a personal best of 72% possession on Monday because of this. Of course his possession consisted of pressing Y to Martial, Jesus and Mane.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    - Invisible refs for competitive games
    - Better servers for game modes outside WL
    - WL & SB reward system improved
    - Disconnect glitches fixed
    - Cups
    - Icon releases improved
    - WL to begin when rewards are claimed
    - Stamina upgrade for EOE cards/icons
    - A clear release schedule for content
    - Chemistry removed/changed
    - More stat data collected for players (CS etc)
    - Improved rewards for winning Draft
    - Improved rewards for winning Div 1
    - An alternative online game mode for non competitive players
    - Play a friend invite system fixed
    - Daily objective improvement
    - Pro clubs complete overhaul
    - Auto defending toned down
    - Remove chem styles completely (they don’t work so find another pack filler)
    - Wingers 7 chem at CAM if chem not changed
    - Communication needs more improvement
  • Currieman
    4921 posts National Call-Up
    More content.

More tournaments

Fix all of the broken things like auto lunge etc.

A small thing but give us more filters in the search E.G search for a player by rating for when they have multiple IFs etc.

Change WL to something weekly. E.G 50 games to be played from Mon-Sun whenever you like.
  • Summer69
    1312 posts Professional
    aston villa in the premier league
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    SStop making the ball go through my legs. Can’t count how many times I positioned myself for a block or interception only for my player to split his legs open to let it through.

No this should not happen.

At this moment the passing/interceptions system is broken, but your idea will just aggravate things.

Passing is assisted resulting in many people abusing passes even if it should be a hard pass to make and risky.
    Based on that the defenders on this game just assume the passes will go into a straight line and then cover the line between the passer and the receiver instead of pressing the guy making the pass in order to make it harder to pass.

The fix should be to make the passes miss the direction/intensity resulting in lose balls that can be collected usually by the defenders since they outnumber the attackers.

• Lukaku9
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    SStop making the ball go through my legs. Can’t count how many times I positioned myself for a block or interception only for my player to split his legs open to let it through.

No this should not happen.

At this moment the passing/interceptions system is broken, but your idea will just aggravate things.

Passing is assisted resulting in many people abusing passes even if it should be a hard pass to make and risky.
    Based on that the defenders on this game just assume the passes will go into a straight line and then cover the line between the passer and the receiver instead of pressing the guy making the pass in order to make it harder to pass.

The fix should be to make the passes miss the direction/intensity resulting in lose balls that can be collected usually by the defenders since they outnumber the attackers.

I dont think he means as when it nutmegs but players do this strange lunge type movement that is completley un natural..

The game is incosistant i have hold power button down why does it still tap the ball and then next time smash it. Things like that bug me. If i am in control of a player why in mainly a defensive situation will that player slide or smash the ball clear without me pressing anything.

Last but by no means least fix player switching. I have it on manual and sometimes it still changes player not to mention changing to players 3 away from the ball.
  • Silent Singer74
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Give gk's with at least 85 handling stats actually be able to catch a ball and not deflect it to a striker to tap in. If I've got a keeper with 90 handling, he should be able to catch a pig covered in fairy liquid. Gk's are terrible in the game and have been for far too long.

Tone down op low driven shots, they're broken.

A.i defending should track back and follow the opposition so when I change player I've a chance to defend. I still want my tackling to be manual but players with good positioning and defence stats, should work.

Servers are ridiculous. It makes the differece between competing to win or having a team full of headless chickens that doesn't work.

If I've an 88 rated team for example, don't have the programming so it evens out against a team rated at 82. It feels like I'm restricted way too often against lower rated teams.

Either make op players 86 and above or have their stats play as an 82 (bakayoko, Jesus, martial etc).

Complete overall of wl and add bronze and silver competitions.

Remove squad battles or change how the rewards are. More you play, you receive a better player as a reward.

Let me trade with other players for players. Set restrictions for prices as a minimum and max like you have for transfer market.

Free kicks don't work well enough but let gk move along the line separately to just moving wall left or right to counteract good free-kick takers.

Too many patches to paper over the cracks each year.

Long shots need to be toned down and ball speed is too fast when powered up.

A huge improvement with communication on what chem cards do. Do they really make a difference?

Remove training cards (pointless).

• Silent Singer74
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Also, don't let defenders catch up to me if I've got the ball at my feet with a pacey player. Acceleration has been removed from the game, you can't slow down and then burst past a player. Too many players just let a.i stand still so I run into the player.

If I tackle someone, I've tackled someone, it shouldn't bounce back to the opposition 2,3,4 times as it does now.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    These threads always end up polluted with such rubbish.
  • Fab
    17549 posts World Class
    Servers
  • Diggy
    13619 posts Has That Special Something
    Total revamp or I’m out so I guess I’m out
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    JBC03FC wrote: »
    No wish list, wont play it.

4600 FP says you will do!