The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Anyone heard anything on a World Cup game?

CPFC16
2107 posts Fans' Favourite
Hoping it’s a seperate game released and not just DLC. Anyone heard anything about the game? Surely it’d have to be released in the next month or so. I will be devastated if it’s just an ultimate team extra to be honest.

Comments

• Milanista28
    1389 posts Professional
    Devastated aye.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26488 posts Player of the Year
    I’m hoping the opposite.
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    I’m hoping the opposite.

• Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    There will definitely be something since Ten Napel confirmed he had to do commentary for a 'world cup game'
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6878 posts Big Money Move
    If it’s like 2014 World Cup with a stand-alone release, that’s gonna be a hard no. After the World Cup ends there will be no reason to play it
  • If it’s like 2014 World Cup with a stand-alone release, that’s gonna be a hard no. After the World Cup ends there will be no reason to play it

Why?
  • CPFC16
    I’m hoping the opposite.

Oh really? How come?
    I love playing the qualifiers and then the World Cup. I wasn’t a big fan of the 2014 add on to be honest
  • CPFC16
    Santiago wrote: »
    There will definitely be something since Ten Napel confirmed he had to do commentary for a 'world cup game'

That’s good news anyway. Have always loved the World Cup games, hope they don’t boycott the full game, it’s something different from Ultimate team and very enjoyable. Loved the 2010 and 2014 World Cup games
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23939 posts Club Captain
    Add on game similar to 14 plz
  • CPFC16

I wouldn’t mind an add on game as long as they brought out a full game aswell. They’ve brought out full games every World Cup since 98 it’d be a real shame if they left it this time
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23939 posts Club Captain
    CPFC16 wrote: »

I wouldn’t mind an add on game as long as they brought out a full game aswell. They’ve brought out full games every World Cup since 98 it’d be a real shame if they left it this time

Yea i just want the add on for FUT at least
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26488 posts Player of the Year
    I’m hoping the opposite.

Oh really? How come?
    I love playing the qualifiers and then the World Cup. I wasn’t a big fan of the 2014 add on to be honest

The ads on was brilliant I thought, like the way it linked to UT.
  • CPFC16
    I’m hoping the opposite.

Oh really? How come?

I wasn’t mad into FUT 2014, so I might rather it this year if they done it. My favourite part of the World Cup games though was the offline modes hope they bring them out. It’s odd because I don’t like offline in normal FIFA.

• Orison
    53030 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    I’m hoping the opposite.

Oh really? How come?

Meh, gameplay was horrible on it.

Also don't think I ever touched it again after the WC
  • CPFC16
    edited March 2018
    Orison wrote: »
    I’m hoping the opposite.

Oh really? How come?

That second point could be a reason for them to just leave the full game unfortunately
  • CPFC16
    edited March 2018
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Has anyone played the 2010 one on PSP? Didn't it have a way to curve free kicks? I remember I loved that
  • Dan is Clutch
    26962 posts Player of the Year
    I’m hoping the opposite.

Oh really? How come?

I barely touched it during the WC. :joy:
  • felipe_the_one
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hoping it’s a seperate game released and not just DLC. Anyone heard anything about the game? Surely it’d have to be released in the next month or so. I will be devastated if it’s just an ultimate team extra to be honest.

I couldn't care less about FUT garbage, so I completely agree with you. Unfortunately hopes for a standalone game are really small as for now, given that we are getting closer to the world cup.

I recommend you join this thread:

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/364008/the-2018-fifa-world-cup-videogame-could-be-an-expansion-for-fifa-18/p12

There are other guys who also want the same.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7169 posts League Winner
    I wonder if they’ll make it realistic. Flares stopping games, empty stadiums as fans don’t want to go amid safety concerns, Russians fighting everyone :trollface:
  • Whoman
    5981 posts Big Money Move

I couldn't care less about FUT garbage, .

Wanna bet most people here, in the FUT section, do ?

• Orison
    I’m hoping the opposite.

Oh really? How come?

Sadly they got rid off the "media" page where you uploaded your goals way back in the day. I had some absolute howlers from the WC mode on there.
  • Dan is Clutch
    26962 posts Player of the Year
    I’m hoping the opposite.

Oh really? How come?

Sadly they got rid off the "media" page where you uploaded your goals way back in the day. I had some absolute howlers from the WC mode on there.

I don’t think I played it enough to really understand how bad it was. :joy:
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6878 posts Big Money Move
    If it’s like 2014 World Cup with a stand-alone release, that’s gonna be a hard no. After the World Cup ends there will be no reason to play it

Why?

Just my opinion obvs, but once WC hype is over I don’t see myself playing it because it’s already finished
  • Orison
    I’m hoping the opposite.

Oh really? How come?

I don’t think I played it enough to really understand how bad it was. :joy:

Good for you.
  • BcfcDale88
    4531 posts National Call-Up
    Personally I don’t think there will be one
  • LeonidasJB
    15034 posts World Class
    I’m hoping the opposite.

• Aitvaras
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Free DLC for everyone who bought an Icon Edition, 9,99$ for everyone else.

Just imagine the s*itstorm.
  • CPFC16
    I wouldn’t mind if it was a DLC as long as it had a proper World Cup game mode and not just the FUT side of it