SBC Cheatsheet - Updated version 2.0 > Auto updates prices!

JorisDB
1383 posts Professional
edited March 2018
Update!
I've managed to auto update the prices from the players into the Excel file.
It took me some time, but once figured out it was pretty easy and works like a charm.
I've updated the spreadsheet to now show the different cheapest combinations for PS4, XBOX and PC (simply choose a tab on the bottom left corner).

Notes:
- The prices for the cards between 77 and 89 are based on the average price of the 5 lowest priced players, to give you a more fitting result (if for example 1 player goes a lot cheaper this will give you a biased image of the overall market price for players of the same rating. The average price will therefore give you a better indication).
- For the players rated 81 and lower I've excluded the cheapest 4 players, since it might be possible that some of these (e.g. Kaka at the moment) are extinct, meaning the price would be loaded as '0' and would give you the impression that the SBC costs are a lot lower then they actually are.
- For the players rated 90 and above only the lowest rated player is shown, since there aren't many cheap ones on the market. (90 rated = Kroos and Higuain, 91 rated = Lewandowski).

The prices should update once you open the Excel file, but if this is not the case simply go to the Data tab and click on 'Refresh everything'. This will force Excel to load the updated realtime prices from Futbin.

Link to the new and updated Cheatsheet:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai6p2fpbue0d83u/SBC Cheatsheet V2.xlsx?dl=0

Below is the original post.

---

Hi guys.

Since I've been completing quite a lot of SBC's lately I've been struggling with two things:
- What player rating combinations do I need to receive the desired overall rating?
- Which combination of ratings is the cheapest to receive the desired overall rating?

To solve both these options I've designed a spreadsheet in Excel that automatically calculates which combination of ratings gives you the rating you desire, and shows which of the many different possibilities is the cheapest option.

Since for example the 84 rated player prices are going through the roof right now it makes sense to look towards combinations of team that require less 84 rated players, and a few more 85 or 86 combined with lower rated players to avoid the huge costs of the 84's. This spreadsheet will show you what combination, based on current prices, is the cheapest to complete SBC's between 82 and 88 rated squads.

Disclaimer: This shows you the cheapest possible combinations of player ratings. This does NOT give you information about which actual players are best used in the different SBC's, for these solutions you can simply check out Futbin. This is tailored towards people who want to complete SBC's themselves and find the cheapest possible combination.

The following has been made obsolete since the update!
Since player prices fluctuate constantly you do need to fill in the current prices of the cards yourself, I've been looking at automatically downloading these data from some sites like Futbin and Futwiz, but this has proven to be quite difficult (this was actually my first time really working in Excel) > I'll look into this a bit more tomorrow. After you've filled in the correct lowest available prices for the players rated 77 to 91 once, the spreadsheets auto updates every squad rating and gives you the prices for every possibility of rating combinations there is, and auto highlights the two cheapest options.

It's really really easy, but if you still can't understand I've added two sceenshots to help you out.
gjmUYEL.png

Es5VJBt.png

I have no idea if something like this already exists, if there is then I've had a useful Excel course for myself, if there isn't then I hope this will help some of you out!

A few side notes:
- Some ratings only have 1 player who is quite a lot cheaper than everyone else (91 Lewandowski for example is by far the cheapest 91 rated player). If this is the case and you need more of these players you might want to increase the minimum price for that player in the spreadsheet to give you a more precise look at the SBC cost.
- Informs have not been incorporated to the spreadsheet, however if there is enough demand for it I might take a look and see if it could be possible to incorporate it in some way (I would have absolutely no idea how to at the moment, but that's a nice challenge!)
- 89/90/higher rated teams are also not yet incorporated, since I can not find the possible solutions for those (and I don't want to just put out some guesses since that might mislead people). If someone knows all the solutions for these I will happily incorporate them in the spreadsheet!
- All the combinations for the overall ratings are from: https://www.upfifacoins.com/news/849--fifa-17-squad-rating-combinations-how-to-get-87--78-ovr-team-rating-cheapest-for-fifa-17-squad-building-challenges (don't worry, these are updated to FIFA 18) and are checked on https://www.futbin.com/sbc-rating-combinations?rating=84 .
- If for some reason your team does not add up to the desired rating or the prices of the team turn out to be higher than displayed in the spreadsheet this might be possible due to a typo/error in the spreadsheet (I've checked it loads of times so I doubt it, but still, don't blame me if something goes wrong please!)

I hope I can help someone out with this spreadsheet, if you have any questions just shoot! I'll be happy to help!

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxxmyjk8j73qvev/FIFA SBC costs.xlsx?dl=0

You can not edit it in the Dropbox menu, so you have to click Download somewhere on the right side and open it with Excel. Once in Excel you can edit the player prices.
Post edited by JorisDB on

Comments

• AlnapaDiggler
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    This is superb!!!
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    This is superb!!!
    Cheers!
    Any suggestions/things you’d like to see added?
  • Maverick
    4750 posts National Call-Up
    I'll check this out more when I get home but I was looking for something like this.

Awesome man!!
  • LeBrouwski
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bookmarked for later
  • nj10
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    Got to love excel!

I'll have a look just to see what formula and things you've used haha.

• Crusher15
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Huge props man, this is great
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    lovely stuff, well done
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    Maverick wrote: »
    I'll check this out more when I get home but I was looking for something like this.

Awesome man!!

Same here! Was looking for this but couldn't find it and I was bored at work, so yeah here we are :)!
    LeBrouwski wrote: »
    Bookmarked for later

Cool let me know what you think!
    nj10 wrote: »
    Got to love excel!

I'll have a look just to see what formula and things you've used haha.

Haha it's nothing fancy, I bet anyone else with more knowledge could've done it in half of the time I did it in, but well it works!
    Crusher15 wrote: »
    Huge props man, this is great

Cheers!

• Phiba
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good effort!

Not to knock your hard work but I think you do need to work out how to get the current prices in automatically as I can't see people being put off by having to add in the lowest prices every time they want to do a SBC.

Also this is what you're competing against at the moment

https://www.futbin.com/sbc-rating-combinations

Tells you the combination of ratings required to make whichever overall rating the SBC requires.

https://www.futbin.com/stc/cheapest

Lists the cheapest players for each rating.

Plus the other thing to bear in mind (and this is the same for the futbin links) is the chem requirement of the particular SBC e.g. You might need a load of 82 rated players to do a SBC and the cheapest might be around 2.5k but if the chem requirement is higher than 30 then you need to buy specific players to make it work and so the overall cost could be a lot higher.

Please note all the above is intended just as constructive criticism and I do think this is a good effort and a great contribution to the community.

• JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    Phiba wrote: »
    Good effort!

Not to knock your hard work but I think you do need to work out how to get the current prices in automatically as I can't see people being put off by having to add in the lowest prices every time they want to do a SBC.

Also this is what you're competing against at the moment

https://www.futbin.com/sbc-rating-combinations

Tells you the combination of ratings required to make whichever overall rating the SBC requires.

https://www.futbin.com/stc/cheapest

Lists the cheapest players for each rating.

Plus the other thing to bear in mind (and this is the same for the futbin links) is the chem requirement of the particular SBC e.g. You might need a load of 82 rated players to do a SBC and the cheapest might be around 2.5k but if the chem requirement is higher than 30 then you need to buy specific players to make it work and so the overall cost could be a lot higher.

Please note all the above is intended just as constructive criticism and I do think this is a good effort and a great contribution to the community.

Cheers!
    Good points and constructive indeed!
    What I did is kinda combined the two sites you put up there in 1 simple spreadsheet, without telling you what player is cheapest but telling you the cheapest combination.

Your chem requirement is a very true point and haven't really thought about it, I will look at it a bit more when I'm at the office tomorrow (yes I'm very bored at the office ;)).
  • mdizzl3
    12306 posts Has That Special Something
    Nice spreadsheet.

Futbin does this very well too and more.
  • AlwaysDisappointed
    1765 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks fam
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    Nice spreadsheet.

Well, it doesn’t..
    You can see the combinations and can individually search for each cheapest player, but it doesn’t automatically calculate which of the +/- 16 different possible combinations gives you the cheapest outcome.

Thanks for your comment though :)!

• MojoJojo
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nice effort.

Try:

https://elmaano.github.io/sbc/
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    MojoJojo wrote: »

Ah thanks!
    That's an interesting one as well, loads of different possibilities to receive the required rating!
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13964 posts Has That Special Something
    wow somebody has too much time on their hands
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional

Took about an hour of time I would normally spend browsing the forum ;).
  • Headshrinker363
    4776 posts National Call-Up
    JorisDB wrote: »

A selfless hour to benefit the people of the forum. Big up JorisDB.
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional

A selfless hour to benefit the people of the forum. Big up JorisDB.

Haha thanks!
    I've had quite a lot of fun putting it together as well!

If anyone has any tips/tricks to make things like this easier in Excel I'd be more than happy to hear them.
  • PS-4-ADC
    828 posts Semi-Pro
    Fair play lad! Awesome stuff!
  • PS-4-ADC
    828 posts Semi-Pro
    Nice spreadsheet.

Nice spreadsheet.

Well, it doesn’t..
    You can see the combinations and can individually search for each cheapest player, but it doesn’t automatically calculate which of the +/- 16 different possible combinations gives you the cheapest outcome.

Thanks for your comment though :)!

:D :D :D
  • Claret_n_blue_blood

only kidding mate, think it's a top job you have done, will certainly help a lot of ppl
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional

only kidding mate, think it's a top job you have done, will certainly help a lot of ppl

Haha well, you are essentially right though, since it's actually time I should've been spending on my work! ;)

Cheers for the kinds words guys!
    If anyone had something they'd like to see added or just some general tips/criticism that's always welcome!
  • Claret_n_blue_blood

Haha well, you are essentially right though, since it's actually time I should've been spending on my work! ;)

Cheers for the kinds words guys!
    If anyone had something they'd like to see added or just some general tips/criticism that's always welcome!

haha yeah I'm at work but always get time on here or companion app
  • Futfanatic
    12244 posts Has That Special Something
    This is awesome @JorisDB I’ve always thought the market would correct for differences in price for different rating combinations. Looks like I’m wrong.
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    This is awesome @JorisDB I’ve always thought the market would correct for differences in price for different rating combinations. Looks like I’m wrong.

Cheers! :)
    I thought so too, and I think in quite a lot of occasions it will do so as well, but since the market fluctuates so much and some prices are insane (like the 83/84s now) there are some combinations that cost (way) more than others!
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    Small bump!
    Haven't found the time to edit the spreadsheet, but did make some progress auto importing the current prices, this will take some time to finish though!

Any other opinions? :)
  • pudgyfudgy
    5368 posts Big Money Move
    This is brilliant.

If you could find a way to display combinations by entering the players you currently own, it would be perfect. It's the feature I'd use the most.

E.g. I need an 82-rated squad, but I want to use an 88-rated player in it. So I just enter '1' into the 88 column, and it returns all the possible combinations.

But this would require knowledge of the formula EA uses to calculate squad ratings. Not sure if this is already known.
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    This is brilliant.

If you could find a way to display combinations by entering the players you currently own, it would be perfect. It's the feature I'd use the most.

E.g. I need an 82-rated squad, but I want to use an 88-rated player in it. So I just enter '1' into the 88 column, and it returns all the possible combinations.

But this would require knowledge of the formula EA uses to calculate squad ratings. Not sure if this is already known.

Ah nice idea!
    I'm starting to find my way around Excel (although some very basic things still cost me quite some time and some pretty difficult things work out in minutes, haha) > I will certainly take a look at your idea after I found out how to auto import the prices!

Thanks for your comment! :)
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    This is brilliant.

love this idea