How often do CBs with high attacking work rate push forward?

funkychill
108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I saw Birthday Kouyate card and he looks awesome, then i saw his work rate and i got dissapointed. I've never used many CBs with high attacking work rate (maybe used Van Dijk once in draft), so my question is: in what situations do they push forward mostly? And how often does that happen during the game? Would you guys consider using CB with great defensive stats although he has tendency to push forward a lot?

Comments

• Ahmed
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i got Futmas Van Dijik which i used for nearly 260 games & never felt he push forward more than he should be, Anyway all formations have CBs instruction on Stay back while attacking so he is not going forward unless i push him to join attack, hope this is useful ...
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2287 posts Fans' Favourite
    VVD definitely pushes up more than Bonucci for example, I find he leaves gaps for 1 2s all the time
  • funkychill
    Ahmed wrote: »
    i got Futmas Van Dijik which i used for nearly 260 games & never felt he push forward more than he should be, Anyway all formations have CBs instruction on Stay back while attacking so he is not going forward unless i push him to join attack, hope this is useful ...

I'm using Koscielny and Bailly as my CBs and i have both of them on stay back while attacking, yet, sometimes Bailly (medium att work rate) pushes forward on ST position for no reason. e.g. game's tied, it's not late in the game, and i'm not in attacking/ultra attacking/all out attack tactics.
  • funkychill
    edited March 2018
    VVD definitely pushes up more than Bonucci for example, I find he leaves gaps for 1 2s all the time

It's only logic because Bonucci is high/low while VVD is med/high.

But my question was at what time in the game will CBs with high attacking work rate push forward most? Will they do that randomly or will they push forward more in counter attacks or?
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2287 posts Fans' Favourite
    Throughout the whole game he'll step into midfield, leaving you open if you lose the ball. That's my experience at least
  • Ahmed
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    funkychill wrote: »
    Ahmed wrote: »

I'm using Koscielny and Bailly as my CBs and i have both of them on stay back while attacking, yet, sometimes Bailly (medium att work rate) pushes forward on ST position for no reason. e.g. game's tied, it's not late in the game, and i'm not in attacking/ultra attacking/all out attack tactics.

i do see your point ... my VVD doesn't push that much tbh, i am playing 4312 though & both CBs are on stay back while attacking.
  • 3NG
    945 posts Semi-Pro
    I’ve found marking is very important to counter/balance a high work rate. For example, SIG Sessegnon at LB is terrible due to his marking, always pushed forward and out of position. I feel like the same thing will happen with Kouyate, reluctant to try him at all despite his other stats being absolutely perfect for a cb