So, I've got 4 x Green Irish cards...

SSgtBlunder
948 posts Professional
....and I have no idea of who to get.

Firstly, I don't use any Prem players. I could (with owned icons) get in Rooney but he doesn't look that good tbh. Toure would be more difficult to get in, but even if I did, his low stamina/interceptions puts me off the card as a CM.

That leaves RVP and Schweinsteiger. I could use RVP alongside Larsson up top (moving Prime Overmars back into central midfield) but 2 x target-men isn't ideal. Schwein isn't a card I can see me using.

That leaves me thinking of getting RVP and Schwein just to use as SBC fodder.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Would of been nice to see Serie A/ Ligue 1 etc get an option too tbh.

Comments

  • Sterve
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Rooney is very very good.
  • Daveyb
    2950 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just get the fodder if you won't use them
  • JohnDoe
    11300 posts Has That Special Something
    Daveyb wrote: »
    Just get the fodder if you won't use them
  • HideousCompany
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The kinda stupid thing about is RVP costs two and there's only 5. So as soon you do RVP, you will have 3 and the only you can do is Schweini with 2 extra roaming around your club you probably won't use.

    Personally, I'm going for Yaya! Had him untradeable and used him 200+ games but submitted him for the second part of his SBC. Will also do Schweini as he only costs one and will be useful for SBCs in the future
  • Mattheos
    1354 posts Professional
    I'm getting Van Persie & Bastian, for SBC fodder.
  • Cassidinho
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got Rooney and he is ace. 5 more downward headers (my nemesis) and i'll get Schweiny just before the event closes, as id prefer RVP so i am holding out hope of a 2nd batch of greens to come out
  • keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens
  • Cassidinho wrote: »
    I got Rooney and he is ace. 5 more downward headers (my nemesis) and i'll get Schweiny just before the event closes, as id prefer RVP so i am holding out hope of a 2nd batch of greens to come out

    I got the 10 downward headers in one match, choose beginner on squad battles run into box, chip it up, double tap shoot whilst ball is in air and watch Andy Carroll knock those downward headers with ease
  • Daveyb
    2950 posts Fans' Favourite
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    No there isn't that would literally be the stupidest thing ever done by this company who's used to stupidity..oh wait it's ea so yeah there will be
  • Daveyb wrote: »
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    No there isn't that would literally be the stupidest thing ever done by this company who's used to stupidity..oh wait it's ea so yeah there will be

    :D
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Rvp is a lot more than a target man tbh his passing is outrageous and anything he hits just flies in used him at CF and cam and he ain't ever going into a sbc, gives you a free 88 in schweinsteiger to throw into one just means have 2 green cards sat in your club forever.
  • Daveyb
    2950 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got yaya who's a beast and schweinstieger for the sbc fodder
  • Safehands84
    3544 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve got RVP playing him arm CF at the minute with mastero, decent so far , good passing, great long shots but i moves my best player Gullit to accodate him and he’s nowhere near that level. Going to try him upfront with hunter on tonight
  • Mikeysaio
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cassidinho wrote: »
    I got Rooney and he is ace. 5 more downward headers (my nemesis) and i'll get Schweiny just before the event closes, as id prefer RVP so i am holding out hope of a 2nd batch of greens to come out

    I got the 10 downward headers in one match, choose beginner on squad battles run into box, chip it up, double tap shoot whilst ball is in air and watch Andy Carroll knock those downward headers with ease

    This is exactly what I did. It was so easy doing that objective with futmus Andy Carroll
  • Daveyb wrote: »
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    No there isn't that would literally be the stupidest thing ever done by this company who's used to stupidity..oh wait it's ea so yeah there will be

    this is who u get, 99 rated beast
    Screenshot_20180319-100128.jpg
  • Daveyb
    2950 posts Fans' Favourite
    Daveyb wrote: »
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    No there isn't that would literally be the stupidest thing ever done by this company who's used to stupidity..oh wait it's ea so yeah there will be

    this is who u get, 99 rated beast
    Screenshot_20180319-100128.jpg

    Lol but I've used my Irish dudes now,oh ffs
  • DeanoZoff
    4279 posts National Call-Up
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    It actually said something similar to this when the message came up about fut birthday on Friday.

    Im going to keep 2 or 3 as i only want Schweini out of that lot
  • Daveyb
    2950 posts Fans' Favourite
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    It actually said something similar to this when the message came up about fut birthday on Friday.

    Im going to keep 2 or 3 as i only want Schweini out of that lot

    It never said anything about a secret player coming needing Irish players it's kaka sbc and it won't need Irish players or there will be a riot and the place will go into meltdown.....it's would be hilarious mind and I've used my Irish players
  • Wortel1981
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    I did RVP because he fits perfectly in my dutch team, as there weren't any other options left to do i did schweini, because i think the EOE Kaka requires a fut birthday card
  • DeanoZoff
    4279 posts National Call-Up
    Daveyb wrote: »
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    It actually said something similar to this when the message came up about fut birthday on Friday.

    Im going to keep 2 or 3 as i only want Schweini out of that lot

    It never said anything about a secret player coming needing Irish players it's kaka sbc and it won't need Irish players or there will be a riot and the place will go into meltdown.....it's would be hilarious mind and I've used my Irish players

    It said something similar davey, calm down.

    Something along the lines of "if you use them all now then you cant get them back"
  • Whufc
    1357 posts Play-Off Hero
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    How likely Is this as I have a full city team so would like to get Yaya but I don’t wanna not do it then there’s no other use for the green cards or it’s a player I don’t want
  • Daveyb
    2950 posts Fans' Favourite
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Daveyb wrote: »
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    It actually said something similar to this when the message came up about fut birthday on Friday.

    Im going to keep 2 or 3 as i only want Schweini out of that lot

    It never said anything about a secret player coming needing Irish players it's kaka sbc and it won't need Irish players or there will be a riot and the place will go into meltdown.....it's would be hilarious mind and I've used my Irish players

    It said something similar davey, calm down.

    Something along the lines of "if you use them all now then you cant get them back"

    I'm calm mate I wasn't even arguing with you anyhow, but it said something like be careful who you choose to get once you use them they gone in regards to the four that are available now, not some secret player if they do that it will just be moronic so most probably will knowing this crew
  • Whufc wrote: »
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    How likely Is this as I have a full city team so would like to get Yaya but I don’t wanna not do it then there’s no other use for the green cards or it’s a player I don’t want

    pretty unlikely was just having a laugh, if u have a full city squad then yaya will be your man
  • lefab10
    1006 posts Professional
    Gonna pick up Rooney.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5319 posts Big Money Move
    lefab10 wrote: »
    Gonna pick up Rooney.

  • nirv-
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Daveyb wrote: »
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Daveyb wrote: »
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    keep the green cards, there's a secret player at the end of promotion for those who had the will power to keep the greens

    It actually said something similar to this when the message came up about fut birthday on Friday.

    Im going to keep 2 or 3 as i only want Schweini out of that lot

    It never said anything about a secret player coming needing Irish players it's kaka sbc and it won't need Irish players or there will be a riot and the place will go into meltdown.....it's would be hilarious mind and I've used my Irish players

    It said something similar davey, calm down.

    Something along the lines of "if you use them all now then you cant get them back"

    I'm calm mate I wasn't even arguing with you anyhow, but it said something like be careful who you choose to get once you use them they gone in regards to the four that are available now, not some secret player if they do that it will just be moronic so most probably will knowing this crew

    Not if theres another irish sbc after everyone used those players Sat. Probably really expensive too so more packs.

    The saddest part is that as unlikely as that is, its EA, so thats my base case, and ill wait the 3 or 4 days til Kaka before using the 5.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    I think I know what I'll do.....Keep my green cards.

    95% certain there will be no other requirement for the cards other than these four players, but I'll prob have more fun/use throwing these cards into a RoI hybrid than get a Rooney/RVP etc I just won't use. Sat on a good chunk of coin too so not desperate for any more SBC fodder either.

    If in the future they are required for something, I'll have four of them sat here :-)
Sign In or Register to comment.