OFF Fifa: Neymars wage demands

tilen11
4892 posts National Call-Up
edited March 2018
Neymar Jr. is demanding a pay rise to £1m a week in order to stay at PSG - Paris Saint-Germain, according to The Times and The Sunday Times

If there is any truth in this im shocked. He already has all the money in the world at the age of 26 and wants even more.

I know that football is business, loyalty doesnt exist anymore or its rare but this is another level of selfishness.

Remeber Oscar saying he went to China since he doesnt want to be poor when he wont play anymore. Doubt he would be poor with 10m a year.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    If this is true, well all I can say is I lost some respect. I remember at barca I loved him, he was someone to look up to. But to abandon your team just to go get more money. Now I would understand if he wasn't getting payed a lot at barça, but he was. Not only that but now he wants even more!? He's a great player a world class player no doubt, but he has lost my respect.
  • WarrenBarton
    7054 posts Big Money Move
    Could be bs
    Sports journalists talk a lot of it tbh
  • LiamSully
    6004 posts Big Money Move
    He grew up in a shack with no shoes hiding from gangs with guns (not facts just how I picture Brazil from films) he’s not gonna care what anyone thinks when he’s long dead and buried and his great-great-grandkids are still living off his earnings
  • tilen11
    4892 posts National Call-Up
    dylanmx wrote: »
    If this is true, well all I can say is I lost some respect. I remember at barca I loved him, he was someone to look up to. But to abandon your team just to go get more money. Now I would understand if he wasn't getting payed a lot at barça, but he was. Not only that but now he wants even more!? He's a great player a world class player no doubt, but he has lost my respect.

Same here
    Could be bs

I know but if it is true its just disgusting
  • Choepiechakie
    31049 posts National Team Captain
    He wants to leave, so he asks this ridiculous wage.
  • QuinnUK87
    1801 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ruin his career. He has like 5 years on his contract? Stick him in the under 18 team and make him train with the reserves. Players have far too much power these days (or think they do.)
  • Gromit
    3355 posts National Call-Up
    He wants to leave, so he asks this ridiculous wage.

This
  • WarrenBarton
    7054 posts Big Money Move
    tilen11 wrote: »
    dylanmx wrote: »

Same here
    Could be bs

I know but if it is true its just disgusting

Yeah it’s pure greed if true.
  • Tornado31619
    15725 posts World Class
    QuinnUK87 wrote: »
    Ruin his career. He has like 5 years on his contract? Stick him in the under 18 team and make him train with the reserves. Players have far too much power these days (or think they do.)

PSG need him.
  • ICUP
    3906 posts National Call-Up

Paying 200 million euros to stick your signing with the under 18 LOL.

Whichever manager does that is getting sacked

• QuinnUK87
    1801 posts Play-Off Hero
    ICUP wrote: »

200mill to PSGs owners is pocket change.
  • ICUP
    3906 posts National Call-Up
    ICUP wrote: »

200mill to PSGs owners is pocket change.

Doesn’t matter. Saudi’s are rich but they hate loosing money. Emery is getting sacked at the end of the season for his UCL failure
  • veltok
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    LiamSully wrote: »
    He grew up in a shack with no shoes hiding from gangs with guns (not facts just how I picture Brazil from films) he’s not gonna care what anyone thinks when he’s long dead and buried and his great-great-grandkids are still living off his earnings

Hahahahahahhahaha he's was only poor