NIF Neymar or Baby Icon SBC?

uhMaZiiNq
11612 posts Has That Special Something
edited March 2018
Just want to have one player that is basically my entire budget and build around them to try and have some sort of fun. Decided it's either buy Neymar or try my luck with the SBC and maybe get somebody whom otherwise I would never have the chance to use.

NIF Neymar or Baby Icon SBC? 52 votes

NIF Neymar
30%
LaMertesackerRunmurazorOrisonBob_DylanuhMaZiiNqtom00KnowlesdinhoHujaberFinesse_4daysNeymarJr85MrSoccernyisles8388Kai9623Aqeel87CraiolgutaLtKije 16 votes
Icon SBC
69%
Ollemanha032742LeonidasJBpaw14PeterGoldengraham09Jfo88DOMinantBenzP7JRFOmaymanpeleSGLTBlitzersNLJoresOkore521_NYG_21KaterNLHenstockWonderfulwestethnick 36 votes

Comments

• MrSoccer
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2018
    NIF Neymar
    I'm normally all about taking risks, and you can technically get Pele, Ronaldo, maradona, etc., but there are a bunch of pretty useless players imo, so I'd be really careful about putting almost all my funds into one SBC.

Good luck if you do it though! I'm probably just sour from my awful pull.
  • Jfo88
    22615 posts Club Captain
    Icon SBC
    Icon SBC most likely won't come around again this year and you barely play the game anyways so worth the risk
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Icon SBC most likely won't come around again this year and you barely play the game anyways so worth the risk

Yeah if I get somebody awful I'll just be done with the game and really wouldn't be bothered much at all. Just need to do something to try and get a little enjoyment. Making a 200k team and playing seasons hasn't been fun at all
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar
    If I can get some decent prices for the SBC I think I can keep SIF Lozano to link with 88 RVP when I get him to go with whatever icon so that seems like a decent enough start yeah?
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    NIF Neymar
    Dont fall into the trap
  • SGLT
    6192 posts Big Money Move
    Icon SBC
    I would take the chance on the icon
  • 21_NYG_21
    1061 posts Professional
    Icon SBC
    if you don't mind grinding, the icon SBC really wouldn't cost you much. Just bronze pack method for an hour or so, selling the players/consumables that go for something and keeping the useless ones then upgrading bronzes to silvers, silvers to non rare golds, then those non rare golds going into the 82-85 SBC. that's what I've been doing and I've done 3 of them.
  • Orison
    48556 posts FIFA Cover Star
    NIF Neymar
    People are evil and want you to be stuck with Schmeichel or VdS as your marky player lmao
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar
    21_NYG_21 wrote: »
    if you don't mind grinding, the icon SBC really wouldn't cost you much. Just bronze pack method for an hour or so, selling the players/consumables that go for something and keeping the useless ones then upgrading bronzes to silvers, silvers to non rare golds, then those non rare golds going into the 82-85 SBC. that's what I've been doing and I've done 3 of them.

Which bronze pack is it and what can an hour of time bet exactly
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar
    Orison wrote: »
    People are evil and want you to be stuck with Schmeichel or VdS as your marky player lmao

Wouldn't even care lol just would stop playing which wouldn't bother me. Do figure Neymar is probably better than almost anyone there is to pull though right? I would be hoping for an attacker out of the sbc for sure. I suck so really doesn't matter who I have in defense I'm still gonna let up goals
  • 21_NYG_21
    1061 posts Professional
    Icon SBC

the 400 coin pack, and like everything it involves a bit of luck. But for example, Irish players are very common in those packs and you can get 200-300 coins easily, if not more. It's really grindy though, takes forever to open up all the bronze packs, then turn the bronzes into silvers, etc.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar

the 400 coin pack, and like everything it involves a bit of luck. But for example, Irish players are very common in those packs and you can get 200-300 coins easily, if not more. It's really grindy though, takes forever to open up all the bronze packs, then turn the bronzes into silvers, etc.

Sounds like something I do not want to do lol
  • 21_NYG_21
    1061 posts Professional
    Icon SBC

yea I've been too sick to play anything that requires concentration (Fortnite) So I've just been doing this whilst on my death bed lol.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10512 posts Has That Special Something
    NIF Neymar
    I got Neymar untradable from Chinese New Year. I love using him, so much so I’m seriously considering buying the OTW.

If you do an Icon SBC, you could get someone useless. I did it because I had everything in my club bar one IF which cost me 13k, and I pulled Nesta. I was happy with that because he fits my squad.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar

yea I've been too sick to play anything that requires concentration (Fortnite) So I've just been doing this whilst on my death bed lol.

Since I won't have my elite controller until next weekend I won't be grinding as much fortnite so figured I would try and find some way to get a sliver of enjoyment from FIFA until MLB drops. The wait for that has been painful
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar
    I got Neymar untradable from Chinese New Year. I love using him, so much so I’m seriously considering buying the OTW.

If you do an Icon SBC, you could get someone useless. I did it because I had everything in my club bar one IF which cost me 13k, and I pulled Nesta. I was happy with that because he fits my squad.

I think I'm gonna get Neymar tbh. Lot of time goes into doing the SBC as well and this way I can just sell Neymar and the team in a week and just leave the coins for later down the line if I feel like messing around with some Tots. Just not sure who I'll put behind a front 3 of Neymar - RVP - Lozano but I'll figure something out
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    Icon SBC
    Games near over may as well go for icon
  • Mrhey31
    1268 posts Professional
    Icon SBC
    Go for the Icon i did it 3 times.. all 3 were terrible, so already took those out for you.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Go for the Icon i did it 3 times.. all 3 were terrible, so already took those out for you.

:lol:
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4343 posts National Call-Up
    Icon SBC

I'm giving this a go. Sounds fun. I basically have the team I want for now, so I'm gonna try something new for fun. I'm buying the players pack though. First 2 packs made enough to cocer those and buy 2 more. Seems like a good challenge. If I can get to an icon before time runs out I will be well happy.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar
    Just came up with something quick but if I can grab a Neymar for 180-185 I should be able to afford this. Nothing special obviously but just want a fun front 3

Neymar - 88 RVP - SIF Lozano
    Sanson - Fabinho - Fernandinho
    Mendy - Mangala - Bailly - Walker
    Begovic
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4343 posts National Call-Up
    Icon SBC
    Just came up with something quick but if I can grab a Neymar for 180-185 I should be able to afford this. Nothing special obviously but just want a fun front 3

Begovic

I love sanson I used him a lot at the start. He's quality.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar

Begovic

I love sanson I used him a lot at the start. He's quality.

Yeah I used him at the beginning as well and liked him. Could've just got a 186k Neymar but unfortunately still waiting on asamoah to sell, put him a few k too high
  • RebelRob
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Icon SBC
    IMO with that team id go for the icon sbc. Worst case you could play a little bit with it and would I be able to afford martial pretty quickly who would be decent enough. Plus, you could always get r9, mara, adp, desailly, blanc, pele, matthaus, etc so worth the risk I reckon if you'd just sack it off anyway and not committed to it.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    edited March 2018
    NIF Neymar
    RebelRob wrote: »
    IMO with that team id go for the icon sbc. Worst case you could play a little bit with it and would I be able to afford martial pretty quickly who would be decent enough. Plus, you could always get r9, mara, adp, desailly, blanc, pele, matthaus, etc so worth the risk I reckon if you'd just sack it off anyway and not committed to it.

I'm not even sure I will have enough to do the SBC at the moment (would have to sell Lozano and I want to keep him to go with RVP) And if I do I won't have any coins left at all to even put low rated golds around them. Decided I'm just gonna give Neymar a try and sell the team at the end of the week and just leave the coins there for a later date
  • Wonderfulwest
    4686 posts National Call-Up
    Icon SBC
    I did one packed Litmanen not terrible but not good either. Least his usable and actually great for SB as his long shots are stupidly good
  • uhMaZiiNq
    NIF Neymar
    So went with Neymar and he's been fantastic. Him and Lozano are scoring a ton which is nice since I was doing awful previously. Still might do the icon sbc in a day or 2 though. That or just leave the coins until later for tots. Some cheap Eredivisie ones to put with Lozano would be cool. Can't imagine not using Lozano in a team though he's insane for only 35k