Downward header tips?

JBC03FC
3336 posts National Call-Up
Half way through my second game trying this and still not 1 goal.

Can barely win the header never mind score!

Any ideas?

This is the worst objective yet.

Comments

• Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    Buy kluivert
  • rckstr
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    Double tap b
  • JBC03FC
    lol finally got first one!

STAND STILL WHEN CROSSING HOPE FOR BEST!
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Omg I can use my futmas Carroll :lol:
  • Legegg
    1010 posts Professional
    Head like a low driven shot. Hold B and then tap. LB Y rather than cross. I used Futmas Andy Carroll.
  • Random Jimmy
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just play TOTW on beginner, should be able to get it done in one half.
  • JBC03FC
    rckstr wrote: »
    Double tap b

yeah I know how to do it, but its actually getting a player on the end of the cross that is proving the challenge.

gonna try pirlo out wide and get the best non icon header of the ball. Who is that?
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Are you doing it offline?
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    edited March 2018
    Play against beginner. Use a 2 ST formation. Go inside the box with one ST and cross to the other one, dont be shy with the cross button :) . Double tap the shot button to the far post. You ll score 10 goals in a half :)
    Thats what I did.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Play a friend take turns scoring them.
  • Antparry92
    17529 posts World Class
    Do what I did, TOTW or squad battles, beginner and spam crosses in
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    JBC03FC wrote: »
    rckstr wrote: »
    Double tap b

yeah I know how to do it, but its actually getting a player on the end of the cross that is proving the challenge.

gonna try pirlo out wide and get the best non icon header of the ball. Who is that?

Andy Carroll.
  • JBC03FC
    2 now! haha
    murazor wrote: »
    Play against beginner. Use a 2 ST formation. Go inside the box with one ST and cross to the other one, dont be shy with the cross button :) . Double tap the shot button to the far post. You ll score 10 goals and a half :)
    Thats what I did.

perfect!
  • JBC03FC
    Mariano is incredible at downward headers. Job done ;)
  • Adiabatic
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    Make sure you have assisted crossing so you can go higher power to get the cross to the head. I always have it in on semi and was wondering why I was only getting crosses to the outside of the box for a volley when putting a lot of power on.
  • ha032742
    35029 posts Moderator
    Lofted crosses using LB and cross button (I’ve swapped mine so can’t remenber the default) helps and do it against the AI in TOTW challenge on beginner...managed all 10 in one game.
  • RadioShaq
    14887 posts Moderator
    I am terrible at crossing. I found the easiest way was totw on easiest. Then just walk to the end line with a normal cross. After reading this thread that beat trying singles where people where holding the ball going for 70 percent possession.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Do it from closer in. So inside the 18 yard box so it has less time to dip for them to stupidly volley it
  • kfcbucket21
    6074 posts Big Money Move
    I scored 8 headers and somehow none were downward even though i double tapped it
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4183 posts National Call-Up
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Do it from closer in. So inside the 18 yard box so it has less time to dip for them to stupidly volley it

I thought this to, but when I crossed from inside the box they would just vollly it every time.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    DaveSaves wrote: »

I thought this to, but when I crossed from inside the box they would just vollly it every time.

More power when crossing
  • ItsOnlyAli
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    SB on beginner, pause game and put cb's upfront. run to by line with best crosser put loads of power on the cross towards back post, double tap shoot and direct the header downwards for good measure, did it in 1 half fairly easy.
    Annoying thing is if you dont put enough power on it they will volley it.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3972 posts National Call-Up
    double tap on beginner mode yup..keep lining them up B)