The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Stop Start Continue in Fifa 19

Enigma8784
1823 posts Play-Off Hero
Alright Chaps

Compiling a list of the above for Fifa 19- 18 hasn’t been my first full FUT as only got 17 in Jan so I will be buying 19 as I don’t make WL so I’m not scarred by it.

Stop
-Selling 83 and above when there is no promo on- just going to hoard these above all else
- Trying to predict MM too random now never make much profit personally
- Switching formations constantly 4312 is working best for me now and did in 17 but gone through every formation to figure this out

Start
- Sell all players I pack at the beginning of the game and use a cheap team for a couple of months- Martial was selling for like 80k at the start, Jesus and Morata 60k it was madness
- Not being afraid to take a risk with investments

Continue
- Buy 12k points on release as this set me up for the year with the players I packed- nothing amazing but made a very useable team quickly
- SBCs this is where I get most enjoyment
- Prepping the leagues well in advance
- Buying one marquee player to build around- 17 was SBC Suarez 18 is Prime ADP they revolutionise my gameplay.

Be good to hear what your thoughts would be

Comments

• Archerinho
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    As a player who started this game with FIFA 18 only it was good to hear some advice for the next year. So thanks!
  • RadioShaq
    15602 posts Moderator
    I can never settle on a formation myself. It’s probably worth trying all of them at the start as each fifa they can really change. The rest seem pretty good though.
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Archerinho wrote: »
    As a player who started this game with FIFA 18 only it was good to hear some advice for the next year. So thanks!

• Stevie_G
    1016 posts Professional
    Few good points there. Looks a little unusual when I see my Martial bought for 60k, sitting on my subs bench. Funnily enough, I'd actually encourage buying high rateds at the start of the game, but stick to the high-end ones (if you can afford them) - Alaba, Sandro, Boateng, De Gea etc. They'll hold pretty constant in price for the first 2-3 months of the game.

To add:

CONTINUE

Bronze pack method. Makes you an absurd amount of coins over time. Keep any player under 400 coins and sell when/if they rise. Provides 'free' fitness cards and contracts too

Storing silver players. Often, it's better not to sell them for 200/300 coins. Keep them for when/if they rise, and if you need quick coins, you can easily discard them for 100 or so coins at any time.

Prime icon SBCs if I really want to do the player. I'm sure many will disagree (and that's totally understandable), but it ties in with using the players you want. We've all got so caught up in avoiding the SBC trap and using 'meta-only players', but for me, it's removed some of the fun from the game. As much hate as he gets, I've loved Rui Costa so far, my most used player and I'll be using him until the end of the game. It's made me enjoy the game more knowing he's a player I gradually saved towards and crafted myself.

STOP

Upgrade packs of every sort. I've probably burnt about 700k coins from speculative decisions this year, and 600k of that would be through upgrade packs. Gold upgrade is horrendous, while TOTW / PTG / OTW SBCs are also pathetic, I probably did 20-30 combined of those and never packed anyone worth more than the SBC itself. I'm sure the majority had a similar experience. They're just a coin sink, need to resist the temptation to do them.

Doing certain SBCs because 'I might pack someone good'. If, like today's daily PTG SBC (for the 45k pack), the pack is 99% likely to lose you coins, it shouldn't be done. Considering that in 6 years of FIFA, I've only packed 2 players worth over 250k, we shouldn't be expecting to pack anything extremely good out of SBCs. Sure, they're good fun at times, but to maximise coins you should only do them when profitable, and leave the ones that aren't.

START

Investing purely to sell in the hype. Even if I don't think certain IFs will be required for POTM, they'll almost always rise to the point you can make coins in the hype. For the first POTM Salah, his Hero card went up from 120k to 190k in the 2 weeks beforehand. He wasn't required, as most thought, and he went down to 100k. Still, jumping on early can really yield you good profits from low-risk selling through hype alone
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Few good points there. Looks a little unusual when I see my Martial bought for 60k, sitting on my subs bench. Funnily enough, I'd actually encourage buying high rateds at the start of the game, but stick to the high-end ones (if you can afford them) - Alaba, Sandro, Boateng, De Gea etc. They'll hold pretty constant in price for the first 2-3 months of the game.

To add:

CONTINUE

Bronze pack method. Makes you an absurd amount of coins over time. Keep any player under 400 coins and sell when/if they rise. Provides 'free' fitness cards and contracts too

Storing silver players. Often, it's better not to sell them for 200/300 coins. Keep them for when/if they rise, and if you need quick coins, you can easily discard them for 100 or so coins at any time.

Prime icon SBCs if I really want to do the player. I'm sure many will disagree (and that's totally understandable), but it ties in with using the players you want. We've all got so caught up in avoiding the SBC trap and using 'meta-only players', but for me, it's removed some of the fun from the game. As much hate as he gets, I've loved Rui Costa so far, my most used player and I'll be using him until the end of the game. It's made me enjoy the game more knowing he's a player I gradually saved towards and crafted myself.

STOP

Upgrade packs of every sort. I've probably burnt about 700k coins from speculative decisions this year, and 600k of that would be through upgrade packs. Gold upgrade is horrendous, while TOTW / PTG / OTW SBCs are also pathetic, I probably did 20-30 combined of those and never packed anyone worth more than the SBC itself. I'm sure the majority had a similar experience. They're just a coin sink, need to resist the temptation to do them.

Doing certain SBCs because 'I might pack someone good'. If, like today's daily PTG SBC (for the 45k pack), the pack is 99% likely to lose you coins, it shouldn't be done. Considering that in 6 years of FIFA, I've only packed 2 players worth over 250k, we shouldn't be expecting to pack anything extremely good out of SBCs. Sure, they're good fun at times, but to maximise coins you should only do them when profitable, and leave the ones that aren't.

START

Investing purely to sell in the hype. Even if I don't think certain IFs will be required for POTM, they'll almost always rise to the point you can make coins in the hype. For the first POTM Salah, his Hero card went up from 120k to 190k in the 2 weeks beforehand. He wasn't required, as most thought, and he went down to 100k. Still, jumping on early can really yield you good profits from low-risk selling through hype alone

Some really good points here mate especially the hype part been stung a few times not doing that. Same on MM
  • Heshamk93
    1122 posts Professional
    Another advice which earnt me lot of coins over time was the MM hype
    Buy bronze/silvers for like 150-200 coins and then selling them for like 500-600 coins couple of hours before the announcement

Then buy totw players on sunday before rewards and then selling them when they are out of packs in a week or couple of weeks time. They usually rise about 3k per player