Taking a 500k loss currently, what should I do?

So I bought SIF Savic for 240k, Baby Blanc for 640k, Baby Rio for 590k, & Baby Maldini for 450k (PS4). All of them I bought two days before the PTG event was announced for my WL team, which **** me pretty hard.

If I were to sell now I’d be taking a 500k total loss from all of them.

What should I do here? Try & do some damage control by selling now?

Comments

• dregana08
    3749 posts National Call-Up
    No point selling now. Just stick with them.
  • CeeQue
    10606 posts Has That Special Something
    Take that L mate
  • Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    dregana08 wrote: »

Cheers, do you think there’s any chance they’ll rise when Gullit/R9/Pele’s SBC’s drop? I am planning on upgrading those Baby Icons at some point though fwiw.
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Take that L mate

:neutral:
  • Xguti002
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ya take the loss. I bought 88 maldini a long time ago at 470k and at this stage I’ll just keep unless I’m using him in a prime sbc for like r9 or gullit
  • balErik
    945 posts Professional
    I did same as you, bought 3 **** icons for 370k, in case some big ICON dropped today. Not sure if I should hold on to them until the Icon upgrade sbc is over or not.
  • Xguti002 wrote: »
    Ya take the loss. I bought 88 maldini a long time ago at 470k and at this stage I’ll just keep unless I’m using him in a prime sbc for like r9 or gullit
    Thanks. Only one of those I could see me using until TOTS is Rio tbh. But I’ll probably have the means to upgrade to his prime by then.
  • dregana08

Cheers, do you think there’s any chance they’ll rise when Gullit/R9/Pele’s SBC’s drop? I am planning on upgrading those Baby Icons at some point though fwiw.
    Take that L mate

Idk tbh... but remember it’s all relative. Everyone has dropped (okay, maybe % wise baby icons have dropped a bit more). But what is the point of selling now?

If you sell now you’d just be able to afford what you could of afforded before, prior to this drop. You haven’t really taken a loss... you just didn’t make any coins.

It’s only really a loss if you use the coins for other things besides buying players.
  • dave2121
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    My tradeables went from 6.4M to 4M. Had been holding a low cost baby icon team as an investment for Ronaldo, and now I probably can't afford him - looks like it's bottomed out for now.
  • RedKos
    1256 posts Professional
    Ive lost aprox 500 k between Blanc and Hernandez. Thanks god I bought Vieira on sunday morning and sell him straight away for profit or it will be an 700 k loss.

The way I look at it is: I Bought Blanc when 700 k was dirt cheap for him. He's served me well during 3 months and I wansn't planning to sell him. Hernandez I bought after selling Ronaldo, so I've exchanged a potential loss of 400 k on ronaldo for 200 k on Hernandez.

So unless you bought them 2 days ago or something like that just take the L and play them. You wer not planning on upgrading soon, right?
  • Swissy
    1916 posts Play-Off Hero
    Forget Fifa and just play fortnite instead
  • dregana08 wrote: »

Take that L mate

Idk tbh... but remember it’s all relative. Everyone has dropped (okay, maybe % wise baby icons have dropped a bit more). But what is the point of selling now?

If you sell now you’d just be able to afford what you could of afforded before, prior to this drop. You haven’t really taken a loss... you just didn’t make any coins.

It’s only really a loss if you use the coins for other things besides buying players.

Fair enough mate. I was planning on upgrading Blanc to Baby Vieira, Maldini to Baby Desailly, & possibly getting Ronaldo now that he’s dropped by 200k.

So it does kind of even out for sure.
  • dregana08

Take that L mate

Fair enough mate. I was planning on upgrading Blanc to Baby Vieira, Maldini to Baby Desailly, & possibly getting Ronaldo now that he’s dropped by 200k.

So it does kind of even out for sure.

There you go. So I agree you have lost coins... but you can still afford the same players. Providing you don’t spent a lot of coins on packs... you’re no worse off.

Hope it makes sense and makes you feel a bit better.
  • RedKos wrote: »
    Ive lost aprox 500 k between Blanc and Hernandez. Thanks god I bought Vieira on sunday morning and sell him straight away for profit or it will be an 700 k loss.

The way I look at it is: I Bought Blanc when 700 k was dirt cheap for him. He's served me well during 3 months and I wansn't planning to sell him. Hernandez I bought after selling Ronaldo, so I've exchanged a potential loss of 400 k on ronaldo for 200 k on Hernandez.

So unless you bought them 2 days ago or something like that just take the L and play them. You wer not planning on upgrading soon, right?
    Damn, that’s sucks! At least you got your money’s worth on those players while you had them.

I was planning on upgrading them mate, probaby to Baby Vieira, Baby Desailly, & maybe doing the Prime Rio SBC as well.
  • RedKos
    1256 posts Professional
    RedKos wrote: »

Damn, that’s sucks! At least you got your money’s worth on those players while you had them.

I was planning on upgrading them mate, probaby to Baby Vieira, Baby Desailly, & maybe doing the Prime Rio SBC as well.

Well, in that regard, Vieira has gone 200 k down in less than a week. I don't know about Desailly but I'm sure he's taking a hit too. So, in a way, you are in a similar situation. Your players have lost value but the ones you wanted also are dropping in price.
  • KKTHX
    1101 posts Professional
    Yepp EA **** me good right now
  • BrettO
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    well what about this.was bored so i thought i will try neymar 94,cheapest was 940 or so,woke up today not selling for 820!! quickest 100k loss in history
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    I hadn't played the game in months, jumped on Monday to win the DKO tournaments, bought a team. I paid 540k for Blanc, the rest of my squad is down a lot. I paid 880k for Mbappe a few months ago, look at what he is at now, although an upgrade is on the cards for next week with his two goals yesterday, upcoming game. I'll be happy if I can back to only a 100k loss on Mbappe.

I had 2 million, won't get anywhere near to that amount now, suppose lots of people are in the same situation. I was trying to save my coin for the world cup mode, although obviously EA want to rid people of their coins before it drops.