England

Comments

• Mike
    9977 posts Has That Special Something
    Winks? Really?

Seen some suggestions in XBCC to play TAA in midfield.
    Winks is a phenomenal player. Not even going to comment on that TAA suggestion
  • Apollo
    14269 posts Has That Special Something
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    What would people say England’s best XI is? Everyone seems to like the front three and Pickford normally turns it up for England, but there seems to be lots of debate about the other spots.
    Pickford
    TAA - Gomez - Maguire - Chilwell
    Rice
    Winks - Maddison
    Sancho - Kane - Sterling

That's probably my team too, although I can see Wan Bassaka being more useful in defense games. Although when RLC comes back he can offer something different to the midfield.

Yep, said in the XBOX thread I'd change RB depending on the game. AWB against the better teams, TAA against the weaker teams that will sit back.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Chilwell over Rose come on now
  • TakeItSlow
    7182 posts Big Money Move
    What would people say England’s best XI is? Everyone seems to like the front three and Pickford normally turns it up for England, but there seems to be lots of debate about the other spots.
    Pickford
    Rice
    Winks - Maddison
    Sancho - Kane - Sterling

That's probably my team too, although I can see Wan Bassaka being more useful in defense games. Although when RLC comes back he can offer something different to the midfield.

Yep, said in the XBOX thread I'd change RB depending on the game. AWB against the better teams, TAA against the weaker teams that will sit back.

Does that make sense when TAA destroys the absolute best teams across Europe for his club side?
  • Shshj
    3995 posts National Call-Up
    We arguably have the best attack in international football but the midfield is soft and the defence error prone.

It's hard to judge anything of these qualifiers though, the opposition isn't good enough. Hopefully Southgate gets it right in time for the summer, anything other than a deep run into the knockouts and people will be calling for Southgate's head.
  • Apollo
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Pickford
    Rice
    Winks - Maddison
    Sancho - Kane - Sterling

Does that make sense when TAA destroys the absolute best teams across Europe for his club side?

Yes it makes perfect sense because Southgate doesn't use his fullbacks like Klopp does. Not even close. Southgate plays them much more conventionally and that's why AWB is the much better option against tricky teams.
  • WryLucky
    1564 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pickford
    Rice
    Winks - Maddison
    Sancho - Kane - Sterling

England don't play like Liverpool do so it does.
  • Apollo
    Pickford
    Rice
    Winks - Maddison
    Sancho - Kane - Sterling

England don't play like Liverpool do so it does.

Exactly.
  • TakeItSlow
    I'd personally rather have the best 11 out rather than pandering to the opposition.
  • Apollo
    I'd personally rather have the best 11 out rather than pandering to the opposition.

It's the same result though. The best XI is dependent on a specific game, the way Southgate uses his fullbacks TAA would absolutely not be in the best XI against tricky opposition.
  • TakeItSlow

It's the same result though. The best XI is dependent on a specific game, the way Southgate uses his fullbacks TAA would absolutely not be in the best XI against tricky opposition.

Considering our midfield I think that Southgate needs to start using his fullbacks in a different way.
  • Apollo

Considering our midfield I think that Southgate needs to start using his fullbacks in a different way.

Barkley is not in our best midfield, Maddison is. He'll take that spot for his own sooner rather than later. I also think Winks will be starting before too long instead of Henderson. Much happier with Rice - Winks - Maddison than Rice - Henderson - Barkley
  • Pxul_
    7724 posts League Winner
    Pickford
    AWB - Gomez - Maguire - Chilwell
    Henderson/Rice
    TAA - Maddison
    Sancho - Kane/Rashford - Sterling

I’d go with something like this, Kane is on fire for England though so I’d probs leave him up top. Might be worth trying this tbh.
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    Pickford
    Rice
    Winks - Maddison
    Sancho - Kane - Sterling

It won’t when he gets substituted after 60 mins because Hazard’s ripped him a new one.
  • G000ner
    4077 posts National Call-Up
    Remember when people said Sterling couldn't do it if you took him out the City side?

Sterling is gonna win us the Euros and get himself a ballon d'or in the same year
  • wth22
    9703 posts League Winner
    Pickford
    AWB - Stones - Maguire - Chilwell
    Rice - Winks
    Sancho - Sterling - Rashford
    Kane

World Cup 2022 winners
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4265 posts National Call-Up
    wth22 wrote: »
    Pickford
    AWB - Stones - Maguire - Chilwell
    Rice - Winks
    Sancho - Sterling - Rashford
    Kane

World Cup 2022 winners

Can't move the best LW in the PL out of position to shoe horn Rashford in.

Keep Sterling LW and Maddison No.10