Comments

• Farlz
    8345 posts League Winner
    Get in the bin Aidy
  • Hicksy2011
    12826 posts Has That Special Something
    Keano wrote: »
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    This is why Matt Clarke should have been in this squad, bloke is absolute quality and actually having played 170 games in senior football at 22 should never be overlooked, no matter the level

Brighton just signed him haven't they?

Yup just need them to sell Dunk and we have the left footed Harry Maguire regen playing in the prem
  • Keano
    12697 posts Has That Special Something
    This is why Matt Clarke should have been in this squad, bloke is absolute quality and actually having played 170 games in senior football at 22 should never be overlooked, no matter the level

Yup just need them to sell Dunk and we have the left footed Harry Maguire regen playing in the prem

Are they looking to sell Dunk then? I thought he's been good for them overall, but I haven't watcvhed them much this season due to working, but did folow them for 3-4 seasons beforehand.
  • Hicksy2011

Are they looking to sell Dunk then? I thought he's been good for them overall, but I haven't watcvhed them much this season due to working, but did folow them for 3-4 seasons beforehand.

He’s meant to be going to Leicester as Maguires replacement if Maguire goes to City/Utd
  • Ahmer50x
    17182 posts World Class

He’s meant to be going to Leicester as Maguires replacement if Maguire goes to City/Utd

I'd seen Tarkowski linked as the Maguire replacement
  • Keano

Isn't a bad defender tbf, so it's more... a club higher up is coming calling so Brighton are preparing for it.
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I'd seen Tarkowski linked as the Maguire replacement

Tarkowski is class tbf.
  • Apollo
    14160 posts Has That Special Something

So he finally starts our best striker in a dead rubber game :D Horrendous manager.
  • Keano
    Apollo wrote: »

So he finally starts our best striker in a dead rubber game :D Horrendous manager.

Should be gone in the next week imo, the talent in this squad & he benches some of the best players in the squad due to being tired (but he's playing now?) & not having his head in the right place (but the United transfer news was about before they left). Mind boggling.
  • Apollo
    Nelson! 1-0. Might be a dead rubber but I still want the win
  • Apollo

Should be gone in the next week imo, the talent in this squad & he benches some of the best players in the squad due to being tired (but he's playing now?) & not having his head in the right place (but the United transfer news was about before they left). Mind boggling.

With a bit of luck he will be. He's clueless and has made some terrible decisions.
  • Keano
    Kelly got beat by his man way to easy then.
  • Apollo
    edited June 24
    FFS, missed the goal. @Keano , good goal?

Edit: Ah just seen the sky sports tweet with the video, nice finish from Maddison
  • Apollo
    FFS yet another defensive error, no way Henderson could do anything about that. No one's getting to that, perfectly placed.
  • Apollo
    What a hit that is!
  • Mike
    9957 posts Has That Special Something
    FFS yet another defensive error, no way Henderson could do anything about that. No one's getting to that, perfectly placed.
    :lol: Come on now. Can't get beaten there
    04a935a63b.png
  • Apollo
    edited June 24
    Mike wrote: »
    :lol: Come on now. Can't get beaten there
    04a935a63b.png

Oh come off it :D Making a judgement off one specific photo is incredibly misleading.

Watch the video. That shot is right in the corner.

Oh and just to add to the above: "There's no way Henderson is going to keep that out"
  • Mike
    Doesn't matter if it's right in the corner if he's half a yard away from that very corner. Terrible dive as well, don't even know what he was trying to do there.
  • Apollo
    Doesn't matter if it's right in the corner if he's half a yard away from that very corner. Terrible dive as well, don't even know what he was trying to do there.

Don't know what else I can say tbh, it's a cracking finish. I don't think anyone saves that .
  • Mike

Don't know what else I can say tbh, it's a cracking finish. I don't think anyone saves that .
    Any half decent keeper saves that
  • Hicksy2011
    Classic
    We really have been **** at the back
    I know I keep banging on and on but they really need to look at their selection policy and pick a few less fashionable players
    Matt Clarke has MOTM in a cup final in front of 90k at Wembley and 180 senior appearances, they clearly need 3 or 4 of those type of lads to go along with the more talented but less experienced ones
    Just so so many stupid stupid mistakes
  • Farlz
    8345 posts League Winner
    What a complete disaster of a tournament :D
  • Apollo
  • Shshj
    3933 posts National Call-Up
    Nice squad, a lot of those players have points to prove for England but it should be more than enough to beat Kosovo and Bulgaria.
  • Kellnerr
    2477 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice squad. Good to see Walker already being left out, only Lingard and maybe Barkley that need to be dropped now in foreseeable future.
  • Alex_cr
    4775 posts National Call-Up
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Nice squad. Good to see Walker already being left out, only Lingard and maybe Barkley that need to be dropped now in foreseeable future.

I’d rather Walker than Trippier and currently Wan-Bissaka
  • Farlz
    8345 posts League Winner
    In strolls Tyrone to take control of this England defence. Well chuffed for him.
  • Tornado31619
    16383 posts World Class
    TAA > AWB > Walker > Trippier
  • Alex_cr
    4775 posts National Call-Up
    TAA > AWB > Walker > Trippier

Just don’t think AWB deserves this just yet. Was shocking for U21’s in summer. Also needs be better going forward than he currently is the way England play.
  • Apollo
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Yeah, CHO and RLC when they're fit for Lingard and Barkley will finish off the squad nicely.
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Personally really dont rate walker expect city to drop him for cancelo all he has is speed, his crossing is normally poor and his defensive positioning is bad as well