The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

England

Comments

• AaronMFC
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    We are weak in the lb position dont think chilwells anything special tbh. I know this is harsh but when leicester got smashed by liverpool and city both them teams targeted and made him look very ordinary yes Mahrez and Salah are great players but how highly rated he is its disappointing and he was exposed as Leicesters weak link. If one of these three good young rbs, including James in that, was a lb it would be ideal.
  • Tornado31619
    19398 posts World Class
    If Kane doesn’t make it, then you seriously need to consider bringing Vardy out of retirement. I’d be so much more confident with him up front over Abraham or Ings.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    If Kane doesn’t make it, then you seriously need to consider bringing Vardy out of retirement. I’d be so much more confident with him up front over Abraham or Ings.

But Vardy is very much a system player. Needs the team structured around him. Not a complaint about him at all (Ronaldo is the same imo) but I just don’t think it would be utilising England’s best players to try and feed Vardy.

Im not English but if I were then In a dream world I would go

Henderson
    TAA Gomez Maguire Chilwell
    Ox Hendo ???
    Sancho Rashford Sterling

I’m not sure who to put as the LCM, needs to be an industrious type who can get stuck in but pick a pass (like Winks but better). I know Rash isnt a ST for United but give that front 3 freedom to switch around and get Rashford dropping deep and running at people (which he’s fantastic at) and allow Ox to bomb on beyond the attack like he does for Pool and you will trouble anyone.

If Abraham/Kane is up top I’d play AWB/Walker and move Trent into the RCM role and drop Ox. TAA’s delivery to a more target man type would obviously be devastating but you would remain defensively solid with a proper defender at RB.

Then again I always get sacked on FM so what do I know.
  • wth22
    11015 posts Has That Special Something
    Just have TAA ping in long balls for Vardy to run into all game
  • Ahmer50x
    21441 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Squad wise I agree with all of that other than the fact I would put AWB in over Trippier. I completely get your reasoning for including the latter, but I rate AWB so highly that I'm going to keep him in my squad as I think he should go personally.

While I'm a big fan of Mount, I think it's the right decision to leave him out for Alli, Grealish and Maddison. I would add Tomori to your list in the provisional squad as the CB option who just doesn't make the cut.

As for injury forced changes, you had Ings in your provisional so it's pretty clear you agree, but Ings should come in if Kane doesn't make it to the Euro's.

My only other possible change would be if Williams continues how he's started his United career for the rest of the season, I'd include him over Sessegnon, but at this stage it's too early to make that call.

Edit: I focused on the squad there, forgot to address the starting XI. I think Rashford has been in such amazing form this season that as we're basing this on things as they stand, he has to start at LW instead of Sancho, especially as Sancho normally plays on the right. Rashford's position is LW now, he's the better fit.

Yeah agree with Tomori, should be in the provisional squad aswell. LB is a tricky one, I just think Rose or Shaw would be a waste of a spot and looking towards the future I've come up with Sessegnon (who could cover LW aswell). Really depends on how the seasons goes and if he plays and how much Williams plays. Wouldn't mind AWB aswell instead, it's probably the most uninteresting squad role tbh.

If Kane isn't fit, yeah Ings should take his place. I'd play with an attacking line of Sancho-Sterling-Rashford though in that case then, Raheem through the middle.

The question is if Chillwell gets injured would you feel comfortable with Sessegnon playing LB.

The answer is no so he shouldn't go imo.

I don't feel comfortable with anyone apart from Chilwell tbh.

Sessegnon hasn't played LB for 2 years if I remember.

Was more LW for Fulham and LWB for Spurs.

Cant bring an inexperienced LB who isnt even a LB. It's silly. Need to just take Shaw or Williams.

Brandon runs rings around Luke Shaw. If you're taking a United LB, it's not even close
  • Ahmer50x
    21441 posts Club Captain

Danny Ings deserves to go if Kane doesn't make it
  • Hicksy2011
    14180 posts Has That Special Something
    I do not like the idea of taking a hot headed 18 year old defender with zero experience of top level European football
  • Pietu
    5333 posts Big Money Move
    Maguire - Gomez partnership is going to be a force in the Euros!
  • Pxul_
    8941 posts League Winner
    Going to need Gomez’s pace next to that lump
  • arsenalap
    7058 posts Big Money Move
    Tbh most the team picks itself now apart from midfield.

Henderson plus 2.

I'd go Ox and Maddison/Grealish
  • G000ner
    4585 posts National Call-Up
    Grealish definitely has to be in for me. The question is Maddison or Ox, but I agree Ox offers more balance
  • G000ner
    4585 posts National Call-Up
    Excited for the Euros though, really does feel like we have a chance with our squad. I still don't have much faith in Southgate, but he's better than any other manager we've had recently
  • Hicksy2011
    14180 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeh I’m really excited too
    Being the only team to reach the last 4 of the nations league and the World Cup was an achievement that sort of went under the radar
    Whether Southgate is the best manager tactically I don’t know, but he seems to pretty much get the best players out on the pitch in the best system
    Which is 90% of the job when you aren’t working with the players day to day and therefore can’t build a style of play so easily
  • wth22
    11015 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm wondering how the front 3 will look like now. 2 of Rashford/Sancho/Sterling will be a very tough choice. Sterling has been in great form for England, and by far the biggest reputation, but slightly off the boil for club. Rashford was in sparkling form but now injured though he should be back by then. Sancho didn't have the best start to the season but picked it up big time.

I'm assuming it'll be Sancho and Sterling for now, depending upon if Rashford can prove his fitness. Depending upon Kane, could even be all 3 with Rashford or Sterling central with Abraham off the boil now.
  • Pietu
    You won't win it though, we will ;)
  • Kellnerr
    3097 posts National Call-Up
    wth22 wrote: »
    I'm wondering how the front 3 will look like now. 2 of Rashford/Sancho/Sterling will be a very tough choice. Sterling has been in great form for England, and by far the biggest reputation, but slightly off the boil for club. Rashford was in sparkling form but now injured though he should be back by then. Sancho didn't have the best start to the season but picked it up big time.

I'm assuming it'll be Sancho and Sterling for now, depending upon if Rashford can prove his fitness. Depending upon Kane, could even be all 3 with Rashford or Sterling central with Abraham off the boil now.

Let's just hope that everyone will be fit by then. If Kane isn't I'd go with Rashford-Sterling-Sancho aswell. Ings on the bench.

• Alex_cr
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »

If we don’t win I’ll happily take that with Pukki Firing you to glory!
  • Pietu
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »

If we don’t win I’ll happily take that with Pukki Firing you to glory!

The only thing that could top that would be us winning the World Cup, nothing football related could ever beat that!
  • Ahmer50x
    21441 posts Club Captain

There really shouldn’t be any doubt who starts in net for England at the euros.
  • arsenalap
    Yes and no.

Throwing a GK in with no experience with the defence in a tournament is not wise.

If he is to start he really needs to start every game from now till the euros. Saying that I dont actually know what friendlies we even have left.
  • Ahmer50x
    21441 posts Club Captain
    Yes and no.

Throwing a GK in with no experience with the defence in a tournament is not wise.

If he is to start he really needs to start every game from now till the euros. Saying that I dont actually know what friendlies we even have left.

Will you at least concede that Henderson should become starting goalkeeper when the next tournament cycle begins post-euros? That he is better than Pope and Pickford?
  • arsenalap
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Yes and no.

Will you at least concede that Henderson should become starting goalkeeper when the next tournament cycle begins post-euros? That he is better than Pope and Pickford?

Yep for sure. I'm not opposed to him starting at the Euros if he starts in any friendlies we have left either.

Pickford does have good qualities but he is too error prone, and too arrogant to work on himself.
  • AaronMFC
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    Henderson and Pope have both been better this season but Pickford hasnt let England down when hes played until he does he shouldnt be dropped imo. Hes obviously made a lot of mistakes for Everton but hes been very good in an England shirt.