Comments

• Tornado31619
    17773 posts World Class
    G000ner wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Probably an unpopular opinion: Trent and Chilwell would be the best fullback duo at the Euros. Their set piece abilities are just the icing on the cake.

They're the obvious choices

I was talking out of all European nations :sweat_smile:

Oh, I see :D. Well it seems some here can't even work out they're our best full backs. Not sure if they'd be the best at the Euros, it's probably close between us, Portugal and Spain

IDK if Alba still starts for Spain, but Roberto is average and Guerreiro doesn’t even start for BVB. You’ve literally got Ricardo, Semedo and Cancelo as the only decent options. I’d quite happily play one of the first two at RB and then Cancelo on the left.
  • G000ner
    4401 posts National Call-Up
    Tomori is our best centre back imo. It should be him and Maguire.
  • Pxul_
    8213 posts League Winner
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    We need a CB pairing that works, depending on how much game time Gomez gets it should be: Gomez and Tomori.

Maguire and Stones have been ****

Maguire-Gomez

If he gets enough game time.

If not

Maguire-Tomori

Fam, I’m sure you watched the match last night...

Maguire is garbage
  • Kellnerr
    2822 posts Fans' Favourite
    Probably an unpopular opinion: Trent and Chilwell would be the best fullback duo at the Euros. Their set piece abilities are just the icing on the cake.

They're the obvious choices

I was talking out of all European nations :sweat_smile:

Oh, I see :D. Well it seems some here can't even work out they're our best full backs. Not sure if they'd be the best at the Euros, it's probably close between us, Portugal and Spain

IDK if Alba still starts for Spain, but Roberto is average and Guerreiro doesn’t even start for BVB. You’ve literally got Ricardo, Semedo and Cancelo as the only decent options. I’d quite happily play one of the first two at RB and then Cancelo on the left.

Guerreiro has been playing regularly recently tbf. Don't rate Portugal and Spain that highly either, the ones that could come close are Kimmich and Halstenberg imo, but Kimmich plays in midfield for Germany.
  • Tornado31619
    17773 posts World Class
    Sure, Guerreiro’s been playing more regularly lately, but he’s still complete and utter ****. He’s basically our Dumfries :lol:
  • El_Nino
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    No one touches Chillwell/TAA imo. It’d be a challenge to find any fullback better than either of them, never mind a partnership.
  • Apollo
    16189 posts World Class
    Moving away from the first choice pair, Shaw's injuries have wrecked his ability to find some form for a while but if he can stay fit he has to be in the squad over Rose.
  • El_Nino
    Apollo wrote: »
    Moving away from the first choice pair, Shaw's injuries have wrecked his ability to find some form for a while but if he can stay fit he has to be in the squad over Rose.

Not much of an accomplishment but yeah definitely, Rose is abysmal, I don’t know if James/AWB have the ability to switch sides but if they did I’d take them over Rose.
  • Tornado31619
    17773 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »

Would take Ashley Young over Rose, at least when he mis-hits the ball it sometimes finds its target.
  • WryLucky
    1923 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would take literally anyone over Rose, even Alonso. If he was English.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    WryLucky wrote: »
    I would take literally anyone over Rose, even Alonso. If he was English.

No way, Now you’ve taken it too far.
  • Tornado31619
    17773 posts World Class
    Mail reporting that Gomez and Sterling had to be separated once again after jokes were made about yesterday’s result at training.

I’m sure it won’t, but measures need to be taken to ensure that this doesn’t become a regular occurrence and that cliques don’t start to form as they did during the 2000s. Because now it’s not just United, Liverpool and Chelsea but Spurs, City and Leicester (not so much Arsenal) that make up the bulk of your squad. I suppose that the more teams in the mix that you have, the less likely the chances of division are, but still. Just something to think about, because now you’ve got City and Liverpool pretty much still on level pegging with one another and the rest of the sides competing for top four.
  • finsfan85
    12885 posts Has That Special Something
    And now Sterling dropped because of it

• SDoofus
    6057 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 11
    Sterling probably got butt-hurt again. He was pathetic during the game at Anfield, starting on TAA, Gomez and Henderson.
  • SDoofus

Sounds like Sterling started it. Pathetic.
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class
    Sterling has always been a little **** so not surprised at all
  • Wyojasond
    12164 posts Has That Special Something
    You knew it was coming 😂 he was mouthing off to all the England players during the game.
  • Pughy30
    26368 posts Player of the Year
    Sterling must have been in the wrong for England to drop him over Gomez
  • SDoofus
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Sterling must have been in the wrong for England to drop him over Gomez

From the telegraph:

Sterling and Gomez clashed at the end of Liverpool’s victory over Manchester City, but had appeared to make peace by later embracing.

But Gomez was astonished when Sterling arrived at St George’s Park to meet up for England duty and immediately laid into him again and, according to witnesses, allegedly attempted to provoke a physical confrontation.

It is believed Sterling aimed jibes at Gomez, asking if he still thought he was the “big man” and got into the 22-year-old’s face looking for a reaction.

Some of those present were impressed with the way Gomez handled the situation by refusing to be goaded into retaliating physically and instead taking a step back.
  • finsfan85
    12885 posts Has That Special Something
    Not sure what Sterling’s issue with Henderson and Gomez was, but he had a legitimate problem with TAA. TAA clearly pushed him into the boards after Sterling was already out of bounds. It was completely unnecessary and United’s Williams is guilty of the same behavior. Refs need to start addressing the issue by booking the guilty players before someone is seriously hurt.
  • arsenalap
    6046 posts Big Money Move
    Odd by Sterling. Wonder if something else was said.

On a separate note, I really think Gomez has no right being in this England squad. Has barely played since the last set of internationals, and wasnt convincing when I saw him.

Must suck for CBs like Mee, Tarkowski, Dunk or the sheffield united CBs to know no matter what they wont get the call up over him or Keane for that matter.
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Not sure what Sterling’s issue with Henderson and Gomez was, but he had a legitimate problem with TAA. TAA clearly pushed him into the boards after Sterling was already out of bounds. It was completely unnecessary and United’s Williams is guilty of the same behavior. Refs need to start addressing the issue by booking the guilty players before someone is seriously hurt.

I've got to agree with this tbh

Especially at Old Trafford, it's a slope off the pitch and can seriously injure somebody. Should be considered an off the ball foul
  • Alex_cr
    5329 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Especially at Old Trafford, it's a slope off the pitch and can seriously injure somebody. Should be considered an off the ball foul

Bit off topic but have you stood on the Old Trafford pitch? The slope really is crazy!
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Bit off topic but have you stood on the Old Trafford pitch? The slope really is crazy!

Not actually stood on the pitch itself but seen it up close on the stadium tour.

Feels like a safety hazard on TV and its even worse in person. I'm surprised people don't get injured more often.
  • Alex_cr
    5329 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Not actually stood on the pitch itself but seen it up close on the stadium tour.

Feels like a safety hazard on TV and its even worse in person. I'm surprised people don't get injured more often.

We actually got to stand on the pitch when we did the stadium tour. It’s actually mad isn’t it?

You’re right you’d have expected it could have caused some injuries.
  • AEsey
    6019 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »

Hendersons reaction 😂 😂 😂
  • El_Nino

Completely agree with this, it’s something you see constantly, and really should go under the same bracket as Diving, it’s just unsportsmanlike behaviour, debateably worse than diving, because as mentioned it’s only a matter of time till it seriously hurts someone
  • Kellnerr
    2822 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sterling needs to come back down to earth. Can't he cope the pressure or what's wrong with that guy?
  • Apollo
    16189 posts World Class
    FFS Sterling. The right decision to drop him, had to be done.