My first WL (updates)

1
Antparry92
17710 posts World Class
edited March 2018
Tried to do Lukaku DKT and got disconnected after winning my 2nd game, lost progress so got on to the auto qualification. I’ve got a day off Friday and possibly a bit of time over the weekend to get some games in, maybe about 20?

This is what I currently have:
fe9dd57fd13b3e3133a9f0c5dfaf0fba.jpg
a4393982821db7f5254babb7cad85e20.jpg
fca777bd73f48022e8f1f45e11d79879.jpg

And finally a scrappy Prem side that I barely use. Also have about 100k lying about with SBC Younes, Promes, Al Soma and 86 Kramaric


Post edited by Antparry92 on

Comments

  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Pictures aren’t loading but..

    Don’t panic.
    Don’t change formation/team/players when you lose.
    Don't go defensive/ultra when winning.
    Don’t be afraid of god teams

    If you’re winning, keep playing the same way. Bring on a midfielder that can run. Bring on a quick striker.

    If you lose a couple in a row, stop for a bit. If you keep playing and keep losing, you’ll only get worse.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21097 posts Club Captain
    Swap outside mids in the prem team imo

    Key for WL is to remain patient and expect to take a few on the chin. Its a grind so definitely take a break if you are getting frustrated or losing focus.
  • Currieman
    4955 posts National Call-Up
    Use the sweaty prem team and try not to get frustrated when you concede really stupid goals.
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Points taken. I was thinking of just putting that extra 100k in to the Prem side actually.

    The MLS one is so hit and miss! One minute they play like gods the next I’m getting battered by Bakayoko and co.
  • Currieman
    4955 posts National Call-Up
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Points taken. I was thinking of just putting that extra 100k in to the Prem side actually.
    Do it, you'll be more likely to get results with that team as it's more meta. As boring as it sounds.

    Definitely change Butland to Begovic btw.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21097 posts Club Captain
    Maybe add a Kante/KdB to the midfield for the prem side? Not as keen on Ander this year myself and those two would be a nice improvement.
  • Orison
    48744 posts FIFA Cover Star
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Pictures aren’t loading but..

    Don’t panic.
    Don’t change formation/team/players when you lose.
    Don't go defensive/ultra when winning.
    Don’t be afraid of god teams

    If you’re winning, keep playing the same way. Bring on a midfielder that can run. Bring on a quick striker.

    If you lose a couple in a row, stop for a bit. If you keep playing and keep losing, you’ll only get worse.

    Eh wut? Absolutely change formation and players if you lose and feel like you got no chance. This year is all about adapting to your opponents instead of desperately holding onto one set formation hence why nobody has "his" formation and instead changes all the time.
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Currieman wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Points taken. I was thinking of just putting that extra 100k in to the Prem side actually.
    Do it, you'll be more likely to get results with that team as it's more meta. As boring as it sounds.

    Definitely change Butland to Begovic btw.

    I have Begovic actually (packed).I only made that side cause I packed most of them. I’ve packed a lot of Prem players this year and don’t usually use them haha
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    I might document every game actually
  • Yusuf11
    1851 posts Play-Off Hero
    Use 1 team. You'll get used to your players strengths and weaknesses and will know better how to play. The first 10 games are the easiest of the lot and thr second 10 are the hardest imo. Grind it out
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21097 posts Club Captain
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    Use 1 team. You'll get used to your players strengths and weaknesses and will know better how to play. The first 10 games are the easiest of the lot and thr second 10 are the hardest imo. Grind it out

    Yea i much prefer 1 team in WL, otherwise you'll find weaknesses in each that could be alleviated through consolidating dem coins.
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    Use 1 team. You'll get used to your players strengths and weaknesses and will know better how to play. The first 10 games are the easiest of the lot and thr second 10 are the hardest imo. Grind it out

    Yea i much prefer 1 team in WL, otherwise you'll find weaknesses in each that could be alleviated through consolidating dem coins.

    Only problem is that I collect MLS and Porto cards so it’s just the everything else that is expendable
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    s-l300.jpg

    Consider yourself prepped
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Pictures aren’t loading but..

    Don’t panic.
    Don’t change formation/team/players when you lose.
    Don't go defensive/ultra when winning.
    Don’t be afraid of god teams

    If you’re winning, keep playing the same way. Bring on a midfielder that can run. Bring on a quick striker.

    If you lose a couple in a row, stop for a bit. If you keep playing and keep losing, you’ll only get worse.

    Eh wut? Absolutely change formation and players if you lose and feel like you got no chance. This year is all about adapting to your opponents instead of desperately holding onto one set formation hence why nobody has "his" formation and instead changes all the time.

    I meant after a game. Don’t lose a couple and change a formation that’s been working in search of future wins.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21097 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    Use 1 team. You'll get used to your players strengths and weaknesses and will know better how to play. The first 10 games are the easiest of the lot and thr second 10 are the hardest imo. Grind it out

    Yea i much prefer 1 team in WL, otherwise you'll find weaknesses in each that could be alleviated through consolidating dem coins.

    Only problem is that I collect MLS and Porto cards so it’s just the everything else that is expendable

    Aye, still a decent chunk to use for upgrades. Could even hybrid in something like Naing/Manolas/Lukaku
  • BuffonJuve93
    1174 posts Professional
    Good luck man! I hope you're able to stand it, I gave up on it as I didn't really enjoy, but I hope you do!
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    I don’t play it due to time, played a handful of times last year. Usually a Division 2/3 player so I shouldn’t be too bad
  • TimRUFC
    3230 posts National Call-Up
    Carswell wrote: »
    s-l300.jpg

    Consider yourself prepped

    As stated above just lube up and dive right in :joy:
  • Summer69
    1341 posts Professional
    Credit card fc, ur soooo bad, git gud, you cheat....just prepping you for the messages ;)
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Summer69 wrote: »
    Credit card fc, ur soooo bad, git gud, you cheat....just prepping you for the messages ;)

    Thought you were quoting @Brownie1524
  • BrentfordFC
    12106 posts Has That Special Something
    Mane > martial. Cos he can still win the CL :trollface:
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Okay so I’m gonna try and keep up to date with my games and write them down here.

    Game 1
    Lost 3-1. My Prem side. Didn’t get off to a great start. 2 curling efforts from outside the box from his Larsson sealed it. Game was very laggy and stopped either of us playing any sort of football tbh.

    Game 2
    DC. Missus came in as I was 1-0 and turned the Xbox off, wasn’t happy in the slightest

    Game 3
    Won 3-1. MLS side. Giovinco x2 and Josef x1. Controlled the game from start to finish. Was never really in any danger of losing. Was able to slow down my passing to accommodate for the slightly poor connection

    Game 4
    Lost 5-4. Porto. Soares x2, Aboubakar x2. Probably the hardest one to take so far with him being so undeserving of the win. 2 longshots with Larsson again, an OG and a defelected shot that sent my Casillas diving the wrong way
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Game 5
    Lost 4-2. MLS side. Giovinco and Dempsey for me. Was a case of my MLS defence being terrible and his Mandanda being a world beater. 17 saves said it all. His Rijkaard should have seen red second half for a last man challenge but he walked away with a yellow. In fairness he was decent going forward with Ronaldinho and a few other legends.
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Game 6
    Won 4-1. Porto side with Quaresma x1, Aboubakar x1 and Soares x2. By far the worst player I’ve played so far and probably will play. Could have been double that score. Definitely an auto qualify by the looks of things. Spent all the 2nd half trying to score skill goals because he was that poor
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Game 7
    Won 5-2. MLS. Pirlo, Josef, Giovinco x1 and Dempsey x2. Another easy display against a poor side in all fairness. No icons or special cards but he had Bale, Ronaldo and Griezmann up top. He was waiting on the ball to break for one of his attackers after spamming through balls all game
  • Phil0501
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seem to be doing pretty well dude 3-3 if u don't count the dc loving the teams as well like the non meta teams
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Game 8
    Lost 2-1. Porto side, Deco with my goal. Sucker punched by 2 TOTY Ronaldo goals. Yashin doing Yashin like things in net. Very frustrating game all round. That’s me done for tonight
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Phil0501 wrote: »
    Seem to be doing pretty well dude 3-3 if u don't count the dc loving the teams as well like the non meta teams

    3-4 not counting the DC. Just frustrating as I’d probably say only 1 of them 4 losses I deserved to lose. Defence isn’t helping me at the moment, way below par but don’t have the funds to do anything and both my sides are collectible sides more than anything tbh
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Game 9
    Won 3-0 RQ.MLS squad. Josef x2 Dempsey x1. Put BDay Bastian in and he made a world of difference, much calmer on the ball and passing is noticeably better than Alonso who hasn’t had a starting spot in my teams for the last 3 years
  • Antparry92
    17710 posts World Class
    Game 10
    Lost 5-0. Porto side. Sounds strange but it was never a 5-0 game, he went 1-0 against the break of play. Cech saves 3 one on ones that in fairness I should have buried. Then he went on to score 4 in the last 15 when I was pushing for the goal
Sign In or Register to comment.