Add feature to prevent/dissuade from buying duplicate cards

PirateW
122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I have quite a lot of players in my club - approximately 3600 at the moment - and an aspect of the game I enjoy is adding more players and Club Value. I know it's not a vital part of the game, but I like collecting players.

The problem I have is keeping track of all the players I have, especially as there's a high turnover with submitting SBCs.
Some SBCs I do I think "I've got xxx to do that" only to find that I'd submitted them before and no longer have them".
Other SBCs I do I think "I need yyy to do that" so I buy them only to find that I already had them - maybe opened them in a pack recently without noticing.

Would it be possible to implement something on the transfer market within the search to distinguish between players you have and those you don't.
Something like a search option "Only search for players not already owned" would be fine.
Or a symbol or something on the player bid just to say that you already own him.

It would make it more search friendly and easier to identify and prevent duplicates.

Does anyone else suffer from unwittingly buying duplicates and then having to wait for them to sell before they can add properly to their squad.

Please EA, could you consider a function to prevent this from happening?

Comments

• Realist
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    If only there was a search function in your club so you could see if you have certain players from a specific league or nation, heck even search by name then this kinda thing wouldn’t happen...

Oh wait....
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I’d like them to do what they do with stadiums; if you’re using a certain stadium, when you search for it on console, it shows a little icon in green.

Something like that for players in your club would be great. It would make prepping for league SBCs and even doing them afterwards so much easier.
  • DrMac95
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd like to see something like this, especially for when you're doing SBC's its not offen I don't search for them in club first but the odd occasion I buy first its annoying. It's not that important but its just something that could easily be avoided with a quick change.
  • Layton5784
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Of all that is wrong with the game you come up with this. Ok pal
  • zago33
    627 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i´d love a search by rating and rare/non rare search being added
  • humjun54
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    I’d like them to do what they do with stadiums; if you’re using a certain stadium, when you search for it on console, it shows a little icon in green.

Something like that for players in your club would be great. It would make prepping for league SBCs and even doing them afterwards so much easier.

I don't believe it. But you are absolutely right Dave
  • PirateW
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Realist, of course I know you can search like that within your squad but it only tells you which players you DO have, not the ones you DON'T have. The only way to do that within the current system is to create a concept squad for each team.
    If I am collecting e.g. all Bundesliga 2 players, I'd have to create a concept team for every club, and even then there aren't enough spaces within the concept team for every player from the individual club.
    Whereas, a search on the transfer market for "Bundesliga 2" "Player's not owned" would easily overcome this. It's not necessarily easy to resell a duplicate from such a league if unwittingly buying a duplicate.

Layton5784, each person gets their own enjoyment out of the game and I know there are faults, issues and bugbears with elements of the gameplay. I'm not asking for the gameplay to be re-written, simply suggesting that a fairly simple implementation could be assistive, similar to the one added which enables you to filter your squad and only view your Untradeable items.
    My suggested would benefit everyone, and unlikely to offend anyone, unlike changes to gameplay which will always provoke positive or negative reactions.
  • Realist
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    PirateW wrote: »
    Realist, of course I know you can search like that within your squad but it only tells you which players you DO have, not the ones you DON'T have. The only way to do that within the current system is to create a concept squad for each team.
    If I am collecting e.g. all Bundesliga 2 players, I'd have to create a concept team for every club, and even then there aren't enough spaces within the concept team for every player from the individual club.
    Whereas, a search on the transfer market for "Bundesliga 2" "Player's not owned" would easily overcome this. It's not necessarily easy to resell a duplicate from such a league if unwittingly buying a duplicate.

Layton5784, each person gets their own enjoyment out of the game and I know there are faults, issues and bugbears with elements of the gameplay. I'm not asking for the gameplay to be re-written, simply suggesting that a fairly simple implementation could be assistive, similar to the one added which enables you to filter your squad and only view your Untradeable items.
    My suggested would benefit everyone, and unlikely to offend anyone, unlike changes to gameplay which will always provoke positive or negative reactions.

I get you. fair dos on why you want it. That doesn’t resonate with me as I don’t go all in on collecting as much as you do. In that way I guess it would be pretty beneficial but there’s so much more stuff they need to sort out that I hope they do before this kinda thing tbh
  • madwullie
    4109 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah it's pretty annoying when you buy a player for an sbc or whatever and it turns out you've already got them. Generally if you're buying at lowest bin it's not too difficult to get rid, but surely this won't take a lot of work coding wise and would be a real quality of life improvement.